Old May 17th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.radio.info

Default [DXNL] DXNL 1519 (May 16, 2007)

DXNL 1519 - May 16, 2007
DX Newsletter

a free and weekly service of
DARC Committee "DX and HF contesting"
(http://www.darcdxhf.de)

editor: Helmut Schlaffer, DL7MAE
(e-mail: )

translation by: Bob, DL7VOA
(e-mail:
)

A5 - BHUTAN
Steve,W7VOA, will stay in Thimpu from May 17-22 and will show up as
A52SW in CW/SSB/PSK on 80-6m and also in FM on 10m. Steve is a news
correspondent responsible for Southeast Asia. His bureau is situated in
India and this will be his first trip to Bhutan. He plans to make more
business trips to this kingdom during the next years. Steve is also
licensed as 7J1AIL in Japan and as 9N7VOA in Nepal.His manager is K2AU.

V6 - FEDERATED STAES OF MICRONESIA, OC-010
JA7HMZ (V63DX), JA7AGO (V63GO) and JA7ZP (V63ZP) will be active from
Pohnpei (OC-010) in all modes on all bands from May 21-26.
QSL cards should be sent via their homecalls.

YB - INDONESIA, OC-022
Hans,PA0HOP, will stay on Bali (OC-022) between May 15 and Jun 20.
He will be QRV as YB9AQW or YB9/PA0HOP using only digital modes like
RTTY, BPSK31, FeldHell and OLIVIA (16 tones, 500 Hz). QSL via PA0HOP.

3X - GUINEA
Michael,PA5M, is working for the "UN World Food Programme" for a longer
period now and his job now leads him to Guinea where he will try to hit
the airwaves as 3XY5M with 100 watts and wires on 160-6m during his
very little spare time until the beginning of June. His QSL manager
states that one US Dollar is not sufficient return postage for him.
Better and cheaper is the QSL bureau of course.
More information and logs can be found at:
http://www.pa7fm.nl

FRANCE, SPECIAL EVENT STATION
Alfred Jarry, born in Laval in 1873, was a well known French writer of
theatre plays. The local radio club of Laval commemorates him with the
call TM7AJ from May 20 until Jun 3. QSL via bureau or direct to F6KSU.

GREECE, SPECIAL EVENT STATION
The special callsign SX2SB activated on May 19/20 will remember the
Greek and Bulgarian soldiers who were killed in the Battle of Skra
during the first World War. The suffix "SB" stands for "Skra Battle"
and they will be QRV in CW/SSB/PSK31/RTTY on all bands.
QSL managers are SV7CUD and SV1EOS and both confirm direct or via buro.

THE NETHERLANDS, SPECIAL EVENT STATION
The "UK Six Metre Group" (http://www.uksmg.org) is celebrating its
25th anniversary and even the Dutch will honour this with the special
callsign PA25UKSMG which will hit the airwaves from May 19 until Jun 3.
Listen for them on all bands from 160-2m and also in the upcoming
CQ WPX Contest. The QSL manager is PA7FM.

LINKS
Useful hints concerning operating practice can be found on the website
of Mark,ON4WW. There are already 14 translations available and more
shall be added. Please follow this link: http://www.on4ww.be/op.html
---
After BS7H shut down its activities you can find some photos of the
four rocks at: http://www.scarboroughreef.com/4rocks.html
An online log is available at http://www.scarboroughreef.com/srlog.html
---
Online QSL cards of 5B4WN (and all the special calls he used as well)
can be printed at "selfQSL" on his homepage: http://www.5b4wn.com
Marios sends the requested QSL cards via the bureau.
---
Current SOTA activities (Summits On The Air) are announced at:
http://sotawatch.sota.org.uk/activations.php or
http://sotawatch.sota.org.uk/spots.php

SILENT KEY
Hillar Raamat,N6HR, passed away on May 6, only shortly after he took
part in a QSO party together with his XYL Elsie,N7YX. Hil was born in
Estonia in 1932 and emigrated to the US after World War 2. Being an
active DXer he visited the Marshall Islands, Ascension and several IOTA
Islands as a DXpeditioner and also took part in contests regularly.

UPCOMING CONTESTS
-----------------
May 17: QRP minimal ART session
May 19/20: King of Spain Contest and Baltic Contest

Ten questions to Christian Entsfellner,DL3MBG, BS7H DXpedition member 2007
DXNL: Do you really feel like entering a DXCC country at BS7H (with the
stress on the word country)?
DL3MBG: More or less you are so busy with assembling everything that you do
not lose any thoughts about this. If you see the reef with your own
eyes you are impressed about what arises from the South China Sea.

DXNL: Did you encounter any problems upon your arrival?
DL3MBG: To prevent sea sickness from rough seas we had to choose a different
route to the reef which set us back by half a day. Therefore we had
to wait with assembling everything until the next morning.

DXNL: How did you build up the equipment?
DL3MBG: That was not easy. At first we had to look for rocks which remained
above water even at high tide.

DXNL: How were the condx?
DL3MBG: We had the biggest problems working the east coast of the USA.
At these times we had to ask Europe to QRX.

DXNL: What have you heard from the many bad guys?
DL3MBG: Nothing and we got no advice from the people working us.

DXNL: What was going on with RTTY?
DL3MBG: Originally we didn't plan to work in RTTY because we wanted to
provide a new one to as many people as possible. But when the
pile-ups became a little smaller the Chinese members changed their
minds and showed up in RTTY.

DXNL: What was the distance between the four stations?
DL3MBG: The distance was about 200 and 300m between each rock. This caused
some QRM on 20m where two stations were operating simultaneously all
the time. The noise of the generators was interfering as well as the
adjacency to the antenna. On one rock the water splashed over the
notebook, radio and operator all the time.

DXNL: How do you feel at such a bold venture?
DL3MBG: First of all as an adventurer. But you can realize this only between
the shifts when staying on the boat.

DXNL: Which bands and modes did you prefer?
DL3MBG: I was working mostly in SSB on 17m and 15m.

DXNL: Have you had any contact with your XYL Elli at home?
DL3MBG: Only once via satellite telephone. She had no cause for concern
because she informed herself via the website every day.

DXNL: Christian, many thanks for the interview!

IOTA collected by Fredy,DE0MST (e-mail: )
----
Island activities:
EU-008, GM, Inner Hebrides: Drew,GM3YOR/p, will be active from the Isle of
Islay from May 19-26. QSL via homecall.

EU-025, I, Scoglio delle Sirene, IIA ME-040: Davide,IW9GUR, Angelo,IW9HLM,
Andrea,IW9HQP, and Andrea,IT9RKR, are planning a SSB activity on 10-40m
signing homecall/p. QSLs via IW9HLM.
Online logs can be found at:
http://www.095dxteam.org

EU-031, I, Ischia, IIA NA-001: The "Wave Master Team" members Sergio,IW1FSQ,
Giovanni,IK1WEG, Marco,IZ1BWO, Veronica,IZ1KFF, Gianfranco,IT9SPB,
Carlo,IZ1GCZ, Rosario,IC8FEM, Marco,IS0KEB, and Jerry,IZ1DSH, will hit
the airwaves as IC8TO in SSB/CW/RTTY on 15/17/20/30/40/80/160m and on
2m/6m from May 25-27. QSL via IZ1GCZ.
Their website is: http://www.wavemasterteam.com/IC8TO/ic8to.htm

EU-070, F, Porquerolles Island: A group of German HAMs from Bonn will be QRV
from Porquerolles Island from May 19-26. F/DL3PS, F/DJ2VO, F/DL1COP,
F/DG3KAF, F/DL7KCM, F/DO1KJB and F/DL3KBQ plan to work with up to three
stations at the same time.

EU-155, I, Scanno di Piallazza, IIA FE-001, MIA MI-104: Luigi,IZ4FTE,
Michele,IZ4GWE, Davide,IK4UNH, Paolo,I4EWH, and other OPs will show up
as II4SDP in CW/SSB on 40m (with vertical), on 20/15/10m (Spiderbeam)
and on 6m (3 ele yagi) from May 18-20. QSL via IZ4GWE.
Check out their homepage at: http://www.iz4gwe.it/ii4sdp

EU-187, SV9, Crete: From May 13-27 Norbert,SV9/DL8FCK, is travelling around
the island and hits the airwaves in CW from different locations often
near the IOTA or QRP frequencies. His equipment is minimal: vertical
and longwire or dipole and a FT-817 powered from batteries for up to
3-4 hours of operation. Picture QSLs are sent via bureau via homecall.

Lighthouse activities:
EU-187, SV, Gavdos, LH 1885 (Tripiti), ARLS CRE-007: Wolfgang,SV9/DL5MAE,
will be QRV from Gavdos Island (Grid: KM24) for one week in the end of
May and later perhaps also from Crete until Jun 6. This depends on the
ferry connections. Operation will take in CW/SSB on 10-80m and on 2m
via meteor scatter and his portable EME kit.
QSL via DL5MAE, direct or via the bureau.

Bandspots of the last 7 days
----------------------------
80m
BA7NQ/UT3UA 3.503 2140Z
TA100FB 3.790 2228Z via TA1CM (B)
9U0VB 3.503 2255Z via UA4WHX (B)

40m
OX/NA1SA 7.002 2155Z (B, automatically)
9U0VB 7.001 2207Z via UA4WHX (B)

20m
BG5BAJ/p 14.257 1446Z AS-141
E51TUG 14.260 0616Z North Cook, via OM2SA (d)
OX/NA1SA 14.180 0715Z (B, automatically)
WH6Rb 14.215 0610Z
9U0VB 14.005 1656Z via UA4WHX (B)
9U0VB 14.212 0558Z via UA4WHX (B)

17m
A52AM 18.126 1038Z via JA0JHA
D44BS 18.130 1710Z see QRZ.com
ST100S 18.130 1731Z via ST2M (d)
T77C 18.074 0810Z see QRZ.com
4L1FP 18.075 0551Z via LZ1OT (B)
9U0VB 18.070 0708Z via UA4WHX (B)

12m
9U0VB 24.940 1401Z via UA4WHX (B)

(d) = only direct
(B) = bureau ok
* = new QSL manager

Preview
-------
DATE CALL DXNL

07Sep-24Sep 3B7C 1511
05Apr- 3B8MM 1513
May/Jun 3D2AG/Rotuma 1516
29Aug-2007 3XM6JR 1484
-Jun 3XY5M 1519 *
14May-26May 4A3IH 1518
-Apr/08 5H0RS 1515
-Apr/08 6W/EA4ATI 1515
May 2007 6W/IZ2DPX 1517
-20May 8J49JARL 1501
01Apr-09Sep 8N3IAAF 1513
04May-18May 9H3EZ/9H3RZ 1514
2007 9N7JO 1501
NOW 9U0VB 1518

17May-22May A52SW 1519 *
-Apr/09 A52VE 1512
-Nov A61TX 1496
23Mar-10Jun C6AGN 1511
-Feb/08 DP0GVN 1496
-21May E51QMA/E51TUG 1516
2007/2008 EI100S(I) 1501
19May-26May GM3YOR/p 1519 *
12May-20May HL/F5AHO 1518

25May-27May IC8TO 1519 *
18May-20May II4SDP 1519 *
May 2007 IR1ALP 1517
2006 -2008 J28JA 1484/1485
NOW J59OFM 1501
May 2007 LZ07KM 1517
-Jun OD5/CT1EFS 1515
-30Jul OX3PG 1501
19May-03Jun PA25UKSMG 1519 *

May -06Jun SV9/DL5MAE 1519 *
13May-27May SV9/DL8FCK 1519 *
19May-20May SX2SB 1519 *
13May-27May TA100FB 1517
May TC100FB 1517
17May-23May TF4/G4's 1518
15May- TI6 (W's) 1518
NOW -2008 TL8QC 1459
14May-28May TM1VDM 1518
20May-03Jun TM7AJ 1519 *
NOW -Sep TU2/F5LDY 1486

21May-26May V6 (JA's) 1519 *
Jan -Dec VI3SAA 1499
May -Aug VP6TD 1517
15May-05Jun VP9KF 1518
Apr -Jul VQ9JC 1512
04May-25May W4J 1518
15May-20Jun YB9/PA0HOP 1519 *
-Sep ZD9BCB 1500

* = new
... = and other calls

QSL information
---------------
AN8RGS via EA8URL (B)
AN9JCC via EA9CE (B)
AT2TN via DJ9ZB (B)
BG7NWF (d) see QRZ.com
C6ATT via W2IRK
DQ50PASSAU via DK1RWS (B)
E51QMA via OM2SA (d)
EE3RCG via EA3GM
EO62C via UT7CWW
EO62G via UR3GM (B)
EO62R via UR4RZZ
EV4DP via EW4WL
EV7DP via UA3FDX (B)
GB400AA via G0SBW (B)
GB4VLX via G4DFI (B)
GW0WBQ (d)
GW0WGW via GW0ARK (B)
GW0WVF via GW0ARK (B)
HH2FYD via F6FYD (B)
HZ1EA via DJ9ZB (B)
IA1IPY via IZ1GJK (B)
IA9IPY via IT9YRE (B)
IB0CW via IZ8CLM (B)
IC8TO via IZ1GCZ (B)
II1MNA via IZ1GJK (B)
IP2IPY via I2AZ
IQ1LM via IZ1ETD
IQ2SW via IZ2AMV
IQ3DD via IZ3BSU (B)
IQ5MS via IK5MDF
IQ5PJ via IZ5DMC
IQ8IS via IZ8AWQ
IQ9BF via IT9GAC (Jun 11/12,2005, via IT9TPJ)
IQ9RG via IT9PKO
IQ0HO via IS0ZOD (B)

(d) = only direct
(B) = bureau ok
* = new QSL manager
(L) = Logbook of the World (LotW)

DXCC: The QSL cards of the 2007 BS7H activity have been approved for
DXCC credit already.

QSL via AP2TN: Starting from May 1,2007, Franz,DJ9ZB, is the new QSL manager
for Tariq,AP2TN. If you already sent a direct QSL to Tariq and still
miss a QSL, please notice him via e-mail to:

Direct QSL cards of CN3A have all been confirmed now, direct QSLs of 5D5A
are still processed, writes I2WIJ, the QSL manager of both stations.

QSL direct: JX9NOA (via LA9NOA), VU7RG and VU7MY (both via GDXF QSL Service)

Many thanks for contributing to this issue of the DXNL are going to:
Carl Smith (QRZ DX), 425DXNews, OPDX Bulletin, DF6EX (for WINQSL), DH5NBK,
DJ5AV, DK6CQ, DK8JB, DL1SBF, DL3MBG, DL3PS, DL5MAE, DL7VOA, F5NQL, I2WIJ,
IZ2DPX, SWL Norbert Maybaum, W1AW, W7VOA and others.

2007 [email protected] Info 0 April 20th 07 07:26 PM
February 23 2007 Steveo CB 32 March 3rd 07 04:08 AM
DXclusive 2007 RistoV Shortwave 0 January 17th 07 02:53 PM
New JRC 545 For 2007 ? Robert11 Shortwave 1 October 17th 06 12:38 PM
sangean drm for jan 2007 django Shortwave 0 October 6th 06 06:03 AM