Old July 7th 08, 12:30 AM posted to aus.radio.amateur.wicen,rec.radio.info

Default VK2 WICEN News, 6th July, 2008

VK2 WICEN News, 6th July, 2008

[ Morning only ]
As we speak, the 2008 Navigation Shield is in full swing down in the
Morton National Park near Nerriga in the Shoalhaven area; we trust our
members are keeping warm and dry.

Following our recent plaintive plea for a Secretary/Treasurer, Nick Fisher
VK2ZNF has graciously volunteered for that role. All members are asked to
be patient during the transition period.

The Shahzada 400km Horse Enduro is on again over the week of 25-29th
August. Operators for the full week or even just one day are required,
with food, fuel, and floor-space being provided, along with long hours,
missed meals, and lots of fun.

Other events confirmed for this year include the Barrington Tops SAREX
(Search and Rescue exercise) over the weekend of 18-19th October
(unfortunately the same weekend as JOTA), and the Hawkesbury Canoe Classic
over the weekend of 1st-2nd November.

A mailing list for those interested in WICEN is available; just send a
blank message to ", and you will receive
further information. WICEN (NSW) also has a web page, and the address is
"www.nsw.wicen.org.au".

-- Dave Horsfall VK2KFU, Publicity Officer, WICEN (NSW) Inc.