Old July 18th 08, 12:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.info

Default Amateur Radio Newsline(tm) Report 1614 - July 18, 2008

Amateur Radio Newsline(tm) Report 1614 - July 18, 2008

Ladies and gentlemen. With some more thank you's to the listeners who help
keep Amateur Radio Newsline in operation, here's our Support Fund
Administrator Andy Jarema, N6TCQ;

--

Last year in February we heard from The Montgomery ARC of Gaithersburg,
MD: The Hamfesters Radio Club, W9AA of Bedford Park, IL; James Weir, K6QGN

Via PayPal there were Terry Moore in Lancashire, Earby, Lancashire and
David Ellison in Richmond, North Yorkshire, both in the UK; Mark Braunstein
in Certreville, VA; Michael Finkbone in Deland FL;
James Deneen in Whitmore Lake, MI; Joseph Kratky in Hickory Hills, IL;
Charles Hailbronner, Colorado Springs CO. and Paul Cote, K6PFC in San
Diego, CA.

PayPal makes it easy to keep these newscasts on the air, and as you've just
heard, they take care of any currency conversion needed. So if you're
outside the US, we'd love to hear from you. Be sure and include your
callsign info in the memo portion of the form. Or via our regular address,
which will be given later.
Listen for these thank-you's in future broadcasts.

I'm Andy Jarema, N6TCQ at our studios in Hollywood.

--

Thank you Andy. Now, Amateur Radio Newsline report number 1614 with a
release date of Friday, July 18th, 2008 to follow in 5-4-3-2-1.

**

The following is a QST. A Pennsylvania ham faces a different kind of tower
fight, the ARRL and Newsline have their e-mail addresses spoofed by
Internet bad guys, an essay says that ham radio is disappearing and QRP
operation is on the march down-under. Find out the details on Amateur
Radio Newsline(tm) report number 1614 coming your way right now.

(Billboard Cart Here)

**

LEGAL ISSUES: PENN TOWNSHIP RESCINDS ANTENNA PERMIT TO PITTSBURG AREA HAM

A tower case with a twist. This after a Pennsylvania zoning hearing board
sides with neighbors who want the ham's tower totally screened from view or
taken down. But the battle over the 53-foot tower could end up in federal
court because the tower had already been granted a permit and has been up
for some time. Amateur Radio Newsline's Mark Abramowicz, NT3V, sorts it
all out:

--

Chuck Mills W3YNI, lives in the town of Irwin, Pennsylvania, about 30 miles
east of Pittsburgh.

Mills, an assistant Emergency Coordinator for Westmoreland County's ARES
group, had been using a Cushcraft A-3 tribander on a roof-mounted tower on
his property for about nine years.

Last fall, Mills says he acquired a tilt-over, crank-up tower on which he
planned to put an antenna array.

But Mills says he never got the chance because he got a visit from the
township zoning officer who had been summoned by neighbors who didn't like
the idea of a tower going up in their development.

Mills says he applied for a permit as instructed by the zoning officer and
then was told he'd have to put up trees or something else to screen the
tower.

He says his neighbors never bothered to directly express their concerns.

"They didn't talk to me first," Mills says. "They simply called the
township and demanded that it be taken down.
"The township, of course, really can't take sides. They have to interpret
and enforce the law. In their mind, they were more or less saying that he
does have a right to do what he wants on his property within reason. And
this would be within reason."

After months of wrangling, the township finally granted Mills the permit
and said two trees he had planted would be sufficient to meet the screening
requirements.

But that didn't sit well with the neighbors, who appealed to the zoning
hearing board.

"They really would not accept any kind of compromise because the township
tried to mediate the situation," Mills says. "The only thing that they
would accept is that the tower would be taken down."

On July 10, the zoning board ruled the township shouldn't have granted
Mills the permit for his tower in the first place saying it didn't follow
through on site plan and proper screening of the structure.

Mills predicts the decision won't stand.

"In order to deny me the permit, they have to have a legally valid reason,"
Mills says. "They can't just deny it because somebody doesn't like it or
they don't like it. That goes against PRB 1. That's pretty clear.

"The reason my permit, they ruled against me, was a technicality in the
permitting process that the township improperly granted the permit."

Mills says there's also an ironic part to this whole saga so far.

"At the present time, I have no antenna on top of it," Mills says. "These
proceedings have kind of retarded the process of getting an antenna on top
of it because I seem to spend a lot of time speaking to my attorney."

Mills is being represented by Michael Lazaroff, K3AIR, a volunteer legal
counsel for the American Radio Relay League.

"I can assure you that we're either going to appeal this to the next higher
court or we're going to try to remedy it through the township to get a
permit that will be able to stand," Mills says.

And, Mills says, he's gratified by the support he's been getting from hams
in his community and across the country via message boards on the internet
and email.

Mills says he was also surprised by the groundswell of support from an
unexpected corner.

"Surprisingly, support from the community at large has been - even non-hams
- has been very, very strong," Mills says. "Because, you know there's a lot
of people who don't see this as about a tower issue and my hobby issue but
see it as a property rights issue.

"And, a surprising number of people feel that you know this is a case of
being told what to do on your own land which a lot of people see as
appropriate."

For the Amateur Radio Newsline, I'm Mark Abramowicz, NT3V, in Philadelphia.

--

This appears to be an tower and antenna case that may be with us for some
time and we keep watching it in future, Amateur radio Newsline reports.

**

THOUGHT PROVOKING ESSAY: 25 THINGS VANISHING FROM AMERICA: HAM RADIO IS #16

Ham radio is one of the top 25 things vanishing from America. In fact its
number 16 according to author Tom Barlow, N8NLO, in his opinion piece on
the walletpop dot com blogging website.

In his July 17th article, Tom Barlow says that an easy way to prolong a
disaster is to have the respondents use dozens of different, incompatible
communications systems, or operate them with no protocol as was the case
during Hurricane Katrina. He also laments about what he calls
the vanishing American treasure of the amateur radio operator.

According to N8NLO, over the past five years alone, the number of people
holding active licenses has dropped by 50,000. This, even though passing a
Morse code exam is not longer a requirement to obtain a license.

And while some might take issue with that 50,000 figure and others will
provide other numbers to prove ham radio is growing Barlow says that
somerthing else is far more important. That being the tradition that hams
have always been there to volunteer. He says that he knows them to be
among our nation's best trained and most capable respondents in time of
disaster.

Barlow concludes by saying that when amateur radio as we know it
disappears, it won't be the radios we'll miss. We'll miss the operators.

This walletdrop dot com series "25 Things Vanishing From America" explores
aspects of our nation that may soon be just a memory. And whether or not
you agree with what he says you can read the complete Tom Barlow article
about ham radios possible disappearance on-line at
http://www.walletpop.com/2008/07/17/...ica-16-ham-rad
io/
(walletdrop.com)

**

RADIO SCAMS: E-MAILS ASKING PERSONAL INFO ARE NOT FROM THE ARRL OR
ARNEWSLINE

Both Amateur Radio Newsline and the American Radio Relay League appears to
have had our e-mail addresses spoofed once again. Spoofing is a method
that criminals on the Internet use to get you to reveal your personal
information to them by pretending to be someone or something else. Maybe a
bank, a credit company or even a person you know and trust. The
information request itself is called phishing. It's the Internet version
of throwing out an offer and hoping that some sucker will respond.

In our case, last week we began receiving bounced e-mails with our e-mail
address a the sender. The messages asked people to click a link and
provide information so that they would be eligible for a prize. If you got
one, don't click on it. Just delete it. It was a phishing expedition but
we cannot tell you what was on the click to website. We never looked at it
because our web browser Firefox warned that it was an infected site and
never let us get there.

If you did go there, we suggest that you run your ant-virus and
anti-spyware software so as to be sure your computer was not infected with
some malicious mal-ware or spyware.

Meantime the ARRL reports on its website that it has received several
notes from members with arrl.net e-mail accounts who have also recently
been contacted via e-mail asking for personal information. The ARRL says
that these the e-mails requested personal information such as user names
and passwords.

The League says that these e-mails are fraudulent attempts at "phishing"
and did not originate from ARRL. It says that there is never a time when
it would ask via mass e-mail for user names and passwords of arrl.net
users.

The bottom line: If you receive an e-mail asking for personal information
and it looks like it originated from Amateur Radio Newsline or from the
ARRL, please do not respond or click a link. Just delete it. Your bank
account and you will both be a lot happier that way. (ARNewsline(tm), ARRL)

**

BREAK 1

From the United States of America, We are the Amateur Radio Newsline,
heard on bulletin stations around the world including the AA4ED repeater
serving Broward County, Florida.

(5 sec pause here)

**

RESTRUCTURING: UK FOOUNDATION LICENSE FACE LIFT

The very popular United Kingdom Foundation class and the Intermediate class
licenses are getting a first makeover. Jeramy Boot, G4NJH, is in
Nottingham, England, and has the details:

--

A new version of both the Foundation and Intermediate syllabus have been
released, which will take effect from 1st June 2009.

Additional material will be added to both the Foundation and Intermediate
course. From that date, the Foundation will additionally cover conductors
and insulators but the major change is to the Intermediate exam.

It will now cover some material previously in Advanced, such as alternating
currents and voltages. This will significantly increase the technical level
of the Intermediate exam.

I'm Jeramy Boot, G4NJH.

--

The new schedule of questions and training materials will not apply until
1st June 2009 so any exams held before then will still use the current

**

RADIO SAFETY: HAM AND SON ELECTROCUTED IN KC

Back in the United States comes word of a tragedy. Two men identified as
Edward Thomas, KC0TIG, of Kansas City, Kansas, and his son Jacob were
electrocuted Sunday July 13th after the ham radio antenna they were
installing came into contact with overhead high voltage electrical service.

Neighbors of the victims called emergency crews for help, but the father
was dead when they arrived. The younger man passed away after arriving at
a hospital. No one else was hurt

According to an Internet poting by Chuck Kraly, K0XM, the parties involved,
were installing a mostly fiberglass Comet antenna that came in contact
with a single 7,620V power line. Kraly says that he is well familiar with
electrical power service in that part of the city as he is the technician
that built and maintained the substation that fed the circuit.

K0XM notes that the wires you see going through the residential areas are
at a minimum 7200 volts from each wire to ground, and between any two of
them is 13,800 volts. He says that he has seen a fault totally vaporize a
1" solid copper buss wire. He also notes rhetorically: "Imagine what it
can do to a human." (KMBC News on-line, N0UF, N0IRS, QRZ.com, others)

**

RESCUE RADIO: FCC TO HOST PANDEMIC PREPAREDNESS SUMMIT

The Federal Communications Commission's Public Safety and Homeland
Security
Bureau says it will host a summit on pandemic emergency preparedness from 9
a.m. to 1:15 p.m. on September 16th. Titled "Enhancing Communications
Response for Health Care and First Responders," the meeting will focus on
communications and coordination among the health care sector, first
responders, government and industry in preparation for a pandemic type
event.

A panel discussions will highlight ways that communications may be expanded
and enhanced in response to a pandemic. It will also cover methods of how
the communications industry will serve an instrumental role in such a
response.

The summit will be open to the public, though admittance is limited to the
seating available. You can pre-register online at www.fcc.gov. The
deadline for pre-registration is September 12th. (FCC)

**

ENFORCEMENT: ND RADIO STATION FINED FOR AIRING PHONECALL

The FCC has issued a $12,000 fine against radio station giant Clear Channel
Communications. This, for an incident on KFGO- AM in Fargo, North Dakota,
in 2006 where the Commission claims the station broadcast a phone
conversation without first informing the caller of its intention to do so.

The action is in response to a complaint by a listener named Sandy Blunt.
Blunt is identified as a former state agency official. The audio was from
a voicemail he had left on the private cell phone of one of the station's
hosts named Joel Heitkamp who is a former North Dakota state senator.

Heitkamp said he believed the message to be an open record because Blunt
was a public figure, he knew he was being recorded.. He claims that the
call came to Heitkamp's work phone, not a private cell phone as the FCC
reported.

But the commission says that its Enforcement Bureau had previously ruled
that an outgoing personal answering machine message is a "conversation"
for
purposes of the rules. As such, nonconsensual broadcast of a conversation
from an answering machine recording is a definite violation of the agency's
rules. (FCC)

**

RADIO HAPPENINGS: CB IS ALIVE - WELL AND GROWING AGAIN

If Canadian writer Jeffrey Reed was a Monty Python fan, he might have
written a lead line 11 meter C-B radio isn't dead yet, its just been
resting. Instead, his in-depth article on the resurgence of 11 meters
appearing in the July issue of Popular Communications takes an in depth
look at why the once popular form of communications is suddenly making a
comeback among the driving public.

Reed, who did quite a bit of research for his article titled "Ready to Roll
With CB Radio" says that anyone who believes that Citizens Band Radio has
gone the way of the Dodo bird really needs to think again. He says that
the spectrum of legal C-B operations from 26.695 to 27.404 MHz is truly
alive, well and living in your neighborhood.

Reed contends that unlike the C-B culture of the 1970's that was fueled by
movies such as Smokey and the Bandit, that the C-B operations of 2008 bring
with it a more mature mode of communicating. He notes that even with all
of the latest in high-tech on the go communications that most professional
drivers still have simple C-B serts mounted in their trucks that they use
for daily on the road communications.

Jeffrey Reed's article deals only with legal in-nband C-B. It also dispels
many myths about 11 meter operation and highlights some of the legal gear
that's available in todays 11 meter marketplace. "Ready to Roll With CB
Radio" is a good read and begins on page 16 of the July issue of Popular
Communications magazine. (Popcomm)

**

NAMES IN THE NEWS: CHANGE OF COMMAND AT COMMAND TECHNOLOGIES

Some names in the news. First is Daniel Simmonds, KK3AN of Somerset,
Pennsylvania. He has been chosen to continue operations of amplifier
manufacturer Command Technologies following the retirement of company
founder Patrick Stein, N8BRA.

Simmonds is 32 and has been a licensed Amateur Radio operator since
1990. He is currently active on all HF bands from 160 to 10 meters.

As part of the changeover the Edon, Ohio based company will soom move to a
larger facility in Somerset, Pennsylvania. Stein who began Command
Technologies back in 1978 says that he will stay very close to the
company's internal operations for the next several months during the
move. He will also remain available for customer contact through this
period. (Command Technologies)

**

NANES IN THE NEWS: JOHN LINFORD G3WGV NEW PRESIDENT OF SOTA

John Linford, G3WGV has been named the new President of the United
Kingdom-based Summits on the Air or SOTA program. Linford is actually the
inventor and founder of the Summits on the Air program. He and Richard
Newsted, G3CWI, developed the original set of rules which are largely
unchanged to the present day. They pair launched Summits on the Air on
March 2nd 2002. (GB2RS)

**

HAM RADIO ON VIDEO: TODAYS PEOPLE PASTED TO YOUTUBE

Another ham radio video has been added to YouTube dot com, and this one has
a rather interesting history.

Back in the late 1980's almost all the ham radio documentary and
promotional videos were produced by the trio of Frosty Oden, N6ENV, Bill
Pasternak, WA6ITF and the late Roy Neal, K6DUE. The three would regularly
toss ideas to one another. One of Bill's was a weekly cable television
show aimed at 12 to 18 year olds that had a teenage host interviewing hams
who had gained some level of fame.

To see if it could work a show pilot was produced. It was called Today's
People and was hosted by then 18 year old Kelly Howard, N6PNY. Howard
previously co-hosted the ARRL's "The New World of Amateur Radio" with
K6DUE. The person she interviewed was the late Senator Barry M. Goldwater,
K7UGA.

Unfortunately, the show was never sold into syndication and the master tape
of the 7 minute pilot was lost. That is it was lost until the other day to
when Bill was cleaning up a closet and found a VHS copy of the show. Not
wanting it to be lost forever he converted it to a D-V-D and then got the
idea of putting it up on the YouTube bot com video sharing website. If you
want to see it and maybe get a bit of inight into the late senator Barry M.
Goldwater, K7UGA, the video is there now at
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jss9FYmzq8

And less we forget. We don't know why the audio on YouTube sounds a bit
compressed. On the VHS tape and the upload file made from the tape it
sounds fine. (ARNewsline(tm))

**

HAM RADIO ON VIDEO: OSCAR 10 AND OSCAR 13

And from Germany comes word that Peter Gülzow, DB2OS has uploaded
full-length videos about the integration and launch of OSCAR-10 and
OSCAR-13 to a video sharing website. Also placed on-line was a video from
the Software Defined Transponder demonstration from the recent HamRadio
2008 convention held in Friedrichshafen. Both are at
http://en.sevenload.com/search/amsat/videos (AMSAT DL)

**

THE SOCIAL SCENE: HAM FEST INDIA 2008

Turning to the amateur radio social calendar, word that HAM Fest India 08
will be held October, 11th and 12th. The event is hosted by the Gujarat
Institute of Amateur Radio. More information is on-line
at www.hfi2008.com (VU3DHX)

**

THE SOCIAL SCENE: 30th CLIPPERTON DX CLUB HAMVENTION.

And if you are planning to be in France this fall, word that the 30th
annual Clipperton DX Hamvention will be held in the Poitou Charente area
from September 19th to the 20th. For more information about forum
activities including dinners, please visit www.cdxc.org/index-f.htm on the
World Wide Web. (Southgate)

**

BREAK 2

This is ham radio news for today's radio amateur. From the United States
of America, We are the Amateur Radio Newsline with links to the world from
our only official website at www.arnewsline.org and being relayed by the
volunteer services of the following radio amateur:

(5 sec pause here)

**

COMMUNICATIONS RESEARCH: NBC TO USE OLYMPICS AS A MEDIA LAB

The NBC television network will be using the 2008 Summer Olympic gamess as
a research laboratory. This, to get a sense of how people are using
different media platforms to experience the Beijing Games that begin August
8th.

NBC has scheduled 3,600 hours of Olympics programming on its main network,
along with Telemundo, USA, Oxygen, MSNBC, CNBC and Bravo. That's the
equivalent of eight days of programming packed into each day. In addition,
the company is planning to make 2,200 hours of streaming video available on
NBCOlympics.com. Consumers may also get video on demand via their computer
and Olympics content through their mobile phones.

NBC hopes its research provides a comprehensive picture of how people are
supplementing TV viewership with tools such as video streaming, video on
demand and mobile phones. (RW)

**

HAM RADIO IN SPACE: AO-51 POWER DOWN A BIT

In ham radio space related news, AMSAT says that he transmitter power on
its AO 51 ham radio satellite has been down lately. This, due to the
length of eclipse that peaked about 2 weeks ago.

According to AO-51 command station Gould Smith, WA4SXM, in Knoxville,
Tennessee, the eclipse periods will continue to get shorter until
September. That's when the satellite will be in full sunlight with no
eclipse period for about 8 months.

WA4SXM says at present AO-51 is operating at 430 milliwatts on its digital
downlink and T at 470 milliwatts on its analog downlink. During the peak of
the eclipse periods both transmitters were operating only in the 340
milliwatt range. (AMSAT)

**

ON THE AIR: THE OHIO STATE PARKS CONTEST IN SEPTEMBER

On the air, the Portage County Amateur Radio Service announces the first
Ohio State Parks On The Air Contest to be held on Saturday, September 6th
from 1600 UTC to 2400 UTC. This contest places a premium on working
stations at Ohio State Parks. That means that it is critical to have as
many parks activated as possible.

The challenge for Ohio stations will be to work HF in the 50 to 300 mile
range. Contacts can be made with any mode on the HF and VHF
bands. Complete information, some frequently asked quests along with
answers and forms can be found at parks.portcars.org. (Portage ARC)

**

WORLDBEAT - SOUTH AFRICA: STUDY GRANTS FOR COLLEGE AGE HAMA

Turning to news from across the globe, the South African Amateur Radio
Development Trust is introducing an annual study grant program. This, for
young licensed radio amateurs who wish to enter a University or University
of Technology to study electronics and communication.

The study grant will contribute a specific level of funding towards the
students first year of study. The aim of the project is to encourage young
radio amateurs to enter careers in communication and electronics. (SARL,
Southgate)

**

WOLDBEAT: NEW BROCHURE FROM THE SARL

We also have word of a new brochure explaining ham radio being made
available on the World Wide Web courtesy of the South African Radio
League. The four page handout takes the reader into the historic aspect
of the hobby and then explains where ham radio is today and where its
headed in the near future. It also demonstrates just how to get a license
and what a person can do on the air once he or she has passed a licensing
exam.

The brochure is in full color and has been formatted as a P-D-F file for
easy printing. While intended for a South African audience, it could
easily be modified to fit almost any nations ham radio recruiting
needs. You will find it ready to be download at www dot sarl dot org dot
za. (Southgate)

**

HAM HAPPENINGS: QRP ON THE MARCH

A group of Australian hams are about to take a walk in the Southern
hemispheres winter. They do it every year and will be spending nearly a
week far from civilization, camping in the snow with only amateur radio to
keep in touch with the outside world. Jim Linton, VK3PC has mo

--

Three radio amateurs and a number of friends are making final plans for
their annual cross country skiing in the wilderness of the Bogong High

They are to spend the 30th of July to the 4th of August camping in the
snow, and during rest periods play amateur radio.

Matt VK3HFI, Gerard VK3JPA and Stephen VK3SN will use several repeaters in
VK1, VK2 and VK3 as well as 160-metres through to 20-metres in the
afternoons and evenings.

Their QRP stations, powered by solar panels and batteries will radiate from
simple wire antennas, plus hand-held VHF/UHF transceivers. Listen for the
trio and give them a call.

I'm Jim Linton VK3PC and you're listening to trhe Amateur Radio
Newsline.

--

Listen out for the group mainly when its dusk and nighttime, in
Australia. (WIA News)

**

DX

In DX, word that PA5M is now active from Tomor Leste as 4W6AAB for about 5
weeks. His activity will be limited to his spare time using only a 100
watts and a vertical. He has been heard on 20 meters around 14.047 MHz
between 0530-0615 U-T-C. His QSL Manager is PA7FM.

JA2IVK will be active from the Maldives as 8Q7SH between July 18th and the
20th on 80 through 10 meters. He will be using only CW and SSB using 100
watts to a vertical. QSL via JA2IVK, via the bureau or direct to his
QRZ.com address.

DL5XX, will be on a business trip in Ghana and plansto be active during his
free time as 9G5MM between July 15th and August 10th. Hi opeation will be
on all bands using only CW. QSL via DL5XX.

Lastly, DO7ZZ will once again be active from Croatia operating VE3ZIK
portable 9A. This, between July 23rd and August 23rd. Activity will be on
the HF bands only, using CW, SSB, RTTY, PSK31, PSK63 and 10m FM. There is
a chance to be active for one day operation portable E7 from
Bosnia-Herzegovina. QSL via DO7ZZ via the bureau

(Above from OPDX and other DX News sources)

**

THAT FINAL ITEM: A SALUTE TO ISRAEL HAM RADIO GROUP

And finally, our story of a few weeks ago on ham radio support for the 2008
New York City Salute to Israel Parade has brought in a lot of mail, a lot
of e-mail and even a bit of controversy. Bill Pasternak, WA6ITF, who
worked on that event and others like it in the 1960's tries to clear it all
up:

--

When you sit down to write stories as I do every week, there's no way to
know where one of these might take you. Or where it might take those who

Our story a few weeks ago about the hams who provide communications support
to this years New York City Salute to Israel Parade seems to have been one
of those rather special ones. A story that has taken on a life of its own
and one that has taken some radio amateurs on a trip through time.

First off, what it did was to bring Newsline together with a group of
hams who had served with the parade in years past. Some of them had long
ago moved away from the Big Apple and were no longer aware that volunteer
ham radio support was still continuing more than four decades after the
first march.

One of the first things that we learned was that in the first parade in
1964 that organizers tried using 11 meter C-B. They requested or were
offered the assistance of the now defunct Manhattan CB Radio Association.
It did not work out very well and by 1965 it became primarily a ham radio
only event.

There seems to be a bit of disagreement as to who did what during the
earliest of the ham radio years. Thanks to some excellent archiving by
past Dayton Radio Amateur of the Year Andy Feldman, WB2FXN, there is proof
positive that from 1967 on, communications for the parade became a formal
ham organization. One that Feldman co-chaired for several years with the
late Louis Belsky, K2VMR.

Before that there's nothing on paper. Just one photo dated from July 1966
and some amateur radio folk lore to show that hams were involved.

And if you think that's complex, how about this.. A RACES group from the
borough of the Bronx, also contacted us with proof from QST Magazine that
they were also a communications provider to the parade in 1967. This at a
time when the official parade program listed only the ham radio group
headed up by the Brooklyn-based WB2FXN and K2VMR.

But there is a much brighter side. The story seems to have lead to a lot
of folks who had a common interest in providing volunteer radio
communications for the Salute to Israel Parade to get to know one
another. 40 years is a long time yet our story seems to have bridged the
years. As a result there is a brand new remailer on Yahoogroups reflector
for those who have in the past been communications volunteers to the New
York City Salute to Israel Parade. Its billed as a place for them to meet
on-line and discuss their experiences.

If you are a Salute To Israel Parade ham radio alumni communicator, and if
you are interested in joining this remailer, please send an e-mail to
. In the body of your note give your full name, your
callsign and the years that you were a ham radio volunteer to the
event. The administrator will end back an e-mail with a formal invitation
to join. And we hope it brings you a lot of joy.

For the Amateur Radio Newsline, I'm Bill Pasternak, in the 1960's as
WA2HVK and now WA6ITF, in the studio in Los Angeles.

--

Again, that e-mail address for amateur radio alumni of New York City's
Salute to Israel Parade to join the remailer is

**

NEWSCAST CLOSE

With thanks to Alan Labs, AMSAT, the ARRL, the CGC Communicator, CQ
Magazine, the FCC, the Ohio Penn DX Bulletin, Radio Netherlands, Rain, the
RSGB, the Southgate News and Australia's W-I-A News, that's all from the
Amateur Radio Newsline(tm). Our e-mail address is
. More information is available at Amateur Radio
Newsline's(tm) only official website located at
www.arnewsline.org. You can
also write to us or support us at Amateur Radio Newsline(tm), P.O. Box
660937,
Arcadia, California 91066.

For now, with Bill Pasternak, WA6ITF, at the editors desk, I'm Jim Davis,
W2JKD, saying 73 and we thank you for listening.

Amateur Radio Newsline(tm) is Copyright 2008. All rights reserved.