Old December 31st 10, 10:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.info

Default Amateur Radio Newsline(tm) Report 1742 - December 31 2010

Amateur Radio Newsline(tm) Report 1742 - December 31 2010

Amateur Radio Newsline report number 1742 with a release date of
Friday, December 31st 2010 to follow in 5-4-3-2-1.

The following is a Q-S-T. Kids Day goes International as Germany
climbs on board this twice a year youth involvement program; hams in
Iceland get a new allocation at 5 Megahertz; amateur radio vying for
spectrum with national broadcaster in India and a new way to rate boat
anchor beauty. Find out the details on this New Years Eve Amateur
Radio Newsline(tm) report number 1742 coming your way right now.

(Billboard Cart Here)

**

WORLDBEAT: KIDS DAY GOES INTERNATIONAL AS GERMANY JOINS THE EVENT

Kids Day has gone international. This with word that the Deutscher
Amateur Radio Club which is Germany's national amateur radio society is
supporting Kids Day on Sunday, January 2nd.

As most of you know, Kids Day is an on-air event conceived by Larry
"Tree" Tyree, N6TR, and Oregon's Boring Amateur Radio Club. Its
purpose is to encourage young people to have fun with Amateur Radio.
This, by giving members of the younger set some on-the-air experience
and in doing so to hopefully foster interest in these kids getting
licenses of their own. It is also intended to give older hams a chance
to share their station and love for amateur radio with their children
and those in their local neighborhoods. According to Tyree, this
decision by the DARC to expand Kids Day internationally is a good one
for the future of amateur radio:

--

N6TR: "Originally when I set out on this my goal was very modest which
was if there is one additional radio ham that comes out of this

The complete Deutscher Amateur Radio Club press release can be seen in
Google English at tinyurl.com/38bkqf4. More about Kids Day and how to
take part can be found at www dot arrl dot org stroke kids-day. And if
you missed taking part in this first Kids Day of 2011, don't worry. You
will get a second chance to share ham radio with youngsters in your
area on Saturday, June 18th.

(DARC, Southgate, ARNewsline)

**

RESCUE RADIO: AMATEUR RADIO PRAISED FOR ASSISTING IN NEVADA FLOODS

This is Don Carlson, KQ6FM - Nevada Section EC in Reno, Nevada with
some breaking news.

On December 21, Southern Nevada was inundated with heavy rains, high
winds and mountain snow, which caused a number of weather-related
outages and situations in the area. These included flooding in the town
of Mesquite, minor flooding around the greater Las Vegas area, and a
massive power outage to the Mt. Charleston area which forced
evacuations. Amateur Radio Emergency Services in Southern Nevada was
there providing information and backup communications during this time,
under the direction of District Emergency Coordinator Glenn Hale,
KB7REO and Clark County EC Bill Smith, W7HMV.

More than a dozen operators took part in the efforts, as they gave up
valuable holiday time to serve their community. The communications
efforts were aided by a statewide IRLP/Echolink "intercom" which
allowed traffic and information to be passed around the state, thanks
to NARRI dot org and Kent Johnson, W7AOR who provided us with a
wonderful system to accomplish this.

According to an article in the Las Vegas Sun, Amateur radio received
high praise from the director of emergency planning for the state, as
he briefed Gov. Elect Brian Sandoval of the situation. He said that
Amateur Radio was right on the mark, and that we provided tremendous
information to the state who apparently monitored Amateur Radio
frequencies and traffic being passed in and out of Clark County.
According to the article, officials also noted that Amateur Radio
operators are important to everyone with a presence at county EOC's.
They were very grateful to Amateur Radio for once again providing a
great service to the state and communities during times of disaster.

Reporting from Reno Nevada, this is Don Carlson, KQ6FM -Nevada Section
Emergency Coordinator. Now back to Don Wilbanks, AE5DW for more of
this week's Amateur Radio Newsline. (Nevada ARES, Las Vegas Sun)

**

RESTRUCTURING: HAMS IN ICELAND GET 5.36-5.41MHZ PLUS 500 KHZ AND 70
MHZ EXTENSION

The national association of Icelandic Radio Amateurs has announced that
continued access for Icelandic ham radio licensees has been secured on
the 500 kHz, 5 MHz and 70 MHz bands. In a letter from the nations
Department of Post and Telecom Administration dated December 13th,
2010, access to the 500 kHz and 70 MHz bands previously granted last
February 19th and to the 5 MHz band granted on January 1st, 2008 has
been extended for two years, to December 31, 2012. All were due to
expire on December 31, 2010. . Privileges and access to 500 kHz and 70
MHz remains unchanged but the grant at 5 MHz is a major improvement to
what hams in Iceland have had to live with. This is because the 150
kHz in the 5360 to 5410 kHz band replaces eight fixed channels
permitted up to now. The only negative is that the maximum power
allowed on 5 MHz was reduced from 200 to 100 watts. Permissible modes
in that spectrum are Morse along with Upper Sideband at a maximum
bandwidth is 3 kHz. (TF2JB)

**

RESTRUCTURING: THE AMATEUR RADIO SOCIETY VS ALL INDIA RADIO

Telecommunications interests in India, including ham radio have been
meeting to decide who should be allotted what frequency bands in that
nation According to an article in India's Daily News & Analysis
on-line technical newspaper, the meeting are a part of the ongoing
talks on the revised National Frequency Allocation Plan or N-F-A-P for
the next decade.

Among those crossing each others' path are Amateur Radio Society of
India and state-owned All India Radio. In a meeting held in November,
it was decided that the proposal of the Amateur Radio Society of India
for some frequency bands shall be examined as per the International
Telecommunications Union Regulations, and that views of All India Radio
must be considered as well. Exactly what issues exist between the two
was not spelled out in the news article.

India's Department of Telecommunications is targeting sometime in 2012
to put in place the new National Frequency Allocation Plan. This, as
per the requirements of the industry and technological developments.
Currently, government agencies and companies across all sectors are
following a national plan that was put into place back in 2008. (IDN)

**

HAM HAPPENINGS: ARRL WORKING TO UPGRADE LOTW FOR VUCC

The ARRL Logbook of the World web page noted on Dec 22nd that VUCC
support is being installed and tested. When this upgrade is
implemented, amateurs will be able to use Logbook of the World to apply
for awards based on Maidenhead grid squares, such as VUCC and the Fred
Fish Memorial Award. But its not ready for general use yet. You will
have to await official word from the ARRL as to when this service will
come on line. (ARRL)

**

HAM RADIO IN SPACE: SUMBANDILLA HAM RADIO SATELLITE OFF THE AIR AGAIN

South Africa's Sumbandilla ham radio satellite is off the air again.
ZR1CBC reports that the flash boot memory of a controller on was likely
corrupted by a solar radiation event. It does not affect satellite
overall health but prevents activation of the amateur radio repeater,
as the particular script detects an anomaly and aborts.

This is the same problem that occurred in October of 2009 and was
corrected. However, the fix requires time consuming effort, which
cannot be accomplished immediately. Because of this SO-67 repeater
activations are therefore suspended. Controllers say that they hope to
return Sunbandilla to normal operations sometime in January. We will
have more ham radio spave related news later on in this week's Amateur
Radio Newwsline report. (ANS, ZR1CBC)

**

BREAK 1

Wishing you a happy new years, from the United States of America, We
are the Amateur Radio Newsline, heard on bulletin stations around the
world including the W9ELK repeater serving Elkhorn Wisconsin.

(5 sec pause here)

**

ON THE NET: NEW OWNER OF LOS ANGELES W6NUT REPEATER INTERVIEWED ON THE
RAIN REPORT

The 147.435 Mhz W6NUT repeater in Los Angeles has yet another new
owner. Her name is Christina Holzschuh, KE6RRI, and in an exclusive
interview with the Chicago based Radio Amateur Information Network, she
talks about her philosophy in regard to managing this ever
controversial system:

--

KE6RRI: "As I said when it came out on the repeater, I am not here to
change the repeater or to change you because .435 is really a

"I don't think that there has been a female owner of this repeater. I'm
interested in my own thinking how will this work with men relating to a
woman who is the repeater owner. How are they going to relate to me
other than your standard slander, name calling? How are they going to
relate to me giving them maybe a down time?

"I like to refer to them as down times. You know if I find that
someone is jamming to much, Ill like to temper that and Ill just say
Ill give you a down time for an hour, and you know to go ahead and get
yourself some coffee and something to eat, Then you can come back and
resume your conversation without jamming.

"I find that's most effective in that it does not put them on the
defensive where they feel like they have to come at me with vulgarities
and bad words, so as to speak."

--

You can hear the entire interview between Hap Holly, KC9RP and
Christina Holzschuh, KE6RRI, this week and next on the Rain Report.

**

ENFORCEMENT: FCC RULES FORCE CANCELLATION OF WWTM FINE

It appears as if the FCC gave an early present to R&B Communications
which is the licensee of WWTM-AM in Decatur, Alabama. This, as it
cancels a $7,000 fine and instead admonished R&B for operating after
its license had expired.

The case began in January 2007 when the FCC approved WWTM's license
renewal application. But in April the agency fined the station $7,000
for not filing the application on time and operating the station
without authorization. The renewal should have been filed by December
2003, four months before WWTM's license expired on April 1, 2004.

The agency said the renewal application wasn't actually filed until
March 24, 2005. That was after the Media Bureau wrote to R&B indicating
that WWTM's license had expired and that authority to operate the
station had been terminated. Also that WWTM's call letters being
deleted from the commission's database.

R&B told the commission its late filing was inadvertent and that it
couldn't pay the fine. However, under the FCC's own rules, if the
violations occurred more than a year before the fine was imposed, the
fine must be cancelled. That was the case here and that's why the
agency cancelled the fine and admonished R&B instead. (FCC)

**

ENFORCEMENT: FCC REDUCES UNLICENSED BROADCASTER FINE TO $750

A Christmas present of sorts from the FCC to a south Florida unlicensed
radio operator. This as the regulatory agency orders Adilson Alves de
Almeida of Boca Raton Florida to pay a $750 fine. But it could have
cost de Almeida $20,000 until he proved the amount would be a financial
burden that he could not pay. We have more in this report,

--

The story goes back to December 6, 2006. In response to a complaint of
interference from an authorized government user, agents from the

On April 19, 2007, the Miami Office issued a Notice of Apparent
Liability for Forfeiture in the amount of $10,000 to de Almeida for
operation of a radio transmitter without a license. de Almeida
submitted a response requesting cancellation of the forfeiture, based
on his removal of the Yagi-type antenna from his roof, expressing
regret, and giving his assurance that radio interference would not
happen again.

But it did happen again and on September 15, 2008, in response to
another complaint of interference from an authorized government user,
agents from the Miami Office again investigated unlicensed radio
activity in the Boca Raton area. Once again, using direction-finding
techniques, they located the transmissions to de Almeidas residence in
Boca Raton. That same day, agents inspected de Almeidas station and
found an Alinco transceiver that was programmed to operate on 297.235
MHz.

On September 25, 2008, the Miami Office issued a second Notice of
Apparent Liability for Forfeiture in the amount of $20,000 to de
Almeida for operation of a radio transmitter without a license. de
Almeida submitted a response to the Second N-A-L requesting
cancellation of the forfeiture based on his claim that he did not
operate a radio transmitter on an unlicensed basis and his inability to
pay the proposed forfeiture. He also submitted his three most recent
years of tax returns to substantiate his claim.

In analyzing a financial hardship claim, the Commission has determined
that, in general, an entities gross revenues are the best indicator of
its ability to pay a forfeiture. As such, it reached a decision that a
fine of at least $750 was warranted based solely on de Almeida's lack
of income and the fact that he is a dependent of his son.

For the amateur Radio Newsline, Im Bill Pasternak, WA6ITF, reporting
from Los Angeles.

--

de Almeida was given the customary 30 days to pay the fine or to file a
further appeal. (FCC)

**

RADIO LAW: FCC PASES NET NEUTRALITY MEASURE

The Federal Communications Commission on Tuesday, December 21st voted
to regulate the speed of Internet traffic. This, as the Commissioners
voted on a proposal from FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski to prevent
wireline broadband providers from controlling bandwidth-heavy users.

The 3 to 2 vote was down party lines, as expected, with support from
the Democratic members and dissent from the two Republicans. The rules
require all broadband providers to publicly disclose network management
practices, restrict broadband providers from blocking Internet content
and applications, and bar fixed broadband providers from engaging in
unreasonable discrimination in transmitting lawful network traffic, the
commission's announcement said.

Democrats and Republicans have fought over network neutrality for
several years. Democrats contend it preserves an open Internet.
Republicans contend it regulates the Internet unnecessarily. FCC
Chairman Julius Genachowski said the rules represented a compromise
because they allow usage-based pricing. The two commission Republicans
nonetheless submitted stinging assessment for the record.

Reaction in the telecommunications industry has been generally negative
to the FCC's Net Neutrality decision. The National Journal's David
Hatch is reporting that Verizon's attorney's are gearing up for a
lawsuit. Meantime, Broadcasting & Cable Magazine's John Eggerton
reports that lawmakers are fixing to call the FCC to the carpet over
its decision in this matter. It should be noted that these same rules
would not be applied to wireless providers. (FCC, Published reports)

**

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES: SOME NEW IPODS DON'T GET NEWSLINE

This note to users of new Apple iPod or those who may have just
upgraded to the latest model over the holiday and now find that they
cannot download audio files or podcasts of Amateur Radio Newsline. We
want to let you know that the problem is not with us here at the
Amateur Radio Newsline and quite honestly we have no idea what the
cause might be.

What we can say is that we have not made any changes to our production
methods in years. We provide an MP3 audio file at our website at www
dot arnewsline dot org that has not changed in any way for almost a
decade. So if you have a new iPod that refuses to play Amateur Radio
Newsline, all we can do is to refer you to Apple and let them provide
the remedy. None of us are in any way expert on iPods, Iphones or any
part of the Apple product line. We just produce a newscast, and
nothing more.

If anyone has an answer to this one, please let us know and we will on
pass it to our lidtener base. (ARNewsline(tm))

**

THE SOCIAL SCENE: PRIZE OFFERED TO UK HAMS PARTICIPATING IN SOS RADIO
WEEK

Over in the United Kingdom, the Royal National Lifeboat Institution
fundraising event, SOS Radio Week, starts on January 22nd. According
to several reports many UK amateur radio clubs and individual hams have
already signed up to tale part.

Now comes word that an unidentified big name in Great Britain's amateur
radio scene has offered a prize for those who take part. Everyone who
operates during event will have his or her call entered for a drawing
to win a new Wouxun KG-679E 2 meter hand-held transceiver.

If you are a UK ham and want to take part, simply visit the website at
www.sosradioweek.org.uk and view the registration page. All monies
raised are donated to the Royal National Lifeboat Institution. (RLBI)

**

NAMES IN THE NEWS UK FAMILY HAS FIVE HAMS

Some names in the news. Still in the UK, the Daily Post newspaper
reports that five members of the same family in the town of Tywyn are
now licensed radio amateurs. The newspaper says that the latest
member of the family to get an amateur radio callsign is 11 year old
Ricky Duckhouse. His father Kevin, mother Alison, and brother and
sister Josh and Sonyarisa had all previously received their licenses.
Sorry, but the article did not include the callsigns of the Duckhouse
clan. (Daily Post)

**

BREAK 2

The news never sleeps and neither do we. Serving you 52 weeks a year
since 1972, we are the Amateur Radio Newsline with links to the world
from our only official website at www dot arnewsline dot org and being
relayed by the volunteer services of the following radio amateur:

(5 sec pause here)

**

THE CHANGING OF THE GUARD: FAMED RADIO ANNOUNCER FRED FPY DEAD AT AGE
89

He was not a ham, but the legendary radio announcer Fred Foy, best
known for his booming, passionate lead-ins to "The Lone Ranger" radio
and television series, died Wednesday, December 22nd of natural causes
at his Woburn, Massachusetts.

According to his daughter Nancy Foy, her father worked as an actor
before landing the job as the announcer and narrator on "The Lone
Ranger" radio show in 1948. He is best remembered for the shows lead
in that introduced the masked cowboy hero and his trusted horse with
the line: "A fiery horse with the speed of light, a cloud of dust and a
hearty 'Hi-Yo Silver!' ... The Lone Ranger!"

According to radio historian Jim Harmon, Foy's dramatic introduction
and narration, performed in a powerful baritone, were so good it made
many people forget there were others before him. Harmon called Foy
perhaps the greatest announcer-narrator in the history of radio drama.

Foy was born in Detroit in 1921, graduated from that city's Eastern
High School in 1938 and landed a job on the announcing staff of radio
station WXYZ in Detroit in 1942. He was drafted into the Army that year
and served in an Armed Forces Radio unit in Cairo during World War II.
Foy returned to WXYZ in 1945. Three years later he won the job on "The
Lone Ranger," even stepping into the lead role for one radio broadcast
when actor Brace Beemer had laryngitis. Foy also performed on other
classic radio series including "The Green Hornet" and "Sgt. Preston of
the Yukon."

In 1960, Foy began working for the ABC network. He spent five years as
an announcer on the "The Dick Cavett Show" and narrated documentaries.
He left ABC in the mid-1980's and later retired.

Fred Foy is survived by his wife of 63 years, Frances Foy, their three
children and three grandchildren. He was age 89. (From published news
reports)

**

EMERGING TECHNOLOGY GLITCH: SKYPE DOWN FOR A DAY AS SUPERNODES GO OFF
LINE

Internet calling and messaging service Skype SA mostly recovered
Thursday, December 23rd from an outage caused by an undisclosed glitch.
The service went down for almost all of its users starting at midday
Eastern time on Wednesday, December 22nd. By Thursday afternoon,
things had improved to the point where about 21 million users were
logged in, said CEO Tony Bates. That was 10 percent less than the usual
traffic for the time of day, as some people still could not log on.

On Wednesday a spokesman said a problem affecting some versions of
Skype caused many of its supernodes to go offline. Supernodes are
computers that the company likens to phone directories, helping Skype
users connect with each other. To help remedy the situation, Skype
repurposed some servers to act as supernodes,

On average, 124 million people use Skype each month, though the total
number of registered users is more than four times that. (SKYPE)

**

HAM RADIO NEAR SPACE: THE HABEX SUCCESS

Some good news from South Africa. This with word that the main HABEX
high altitude ham radio balloon payload flew in excess of 33 000 meters
before returning to the ground.

Controllers Say that the on-board store and forward or parrot repeater
was the highlight of the day with many radio amateurs making contact
from as far awayas Harrismith and Victoria West.

After the balloon burst and returned to Earth, recovery teams found the
main payload was found in a farmer's field. Unfortunately the second
balloon carrying a simple controller board and ancillary equipment
failed.

Project leaders say that flight helped further the learning curve for
the team who will build on the knowledge gained for further launches.
(SARL)

**

HAM RADIO IN SPACE: SA AMSAT TO LAUNCH TWO NEW BIRDS

South Africa AMSAT announced on their web page that they they plan to
launch two satellite projects with totally different design approaches
and time lines.

Both of these birds will be of the Cubesat design. The first will
focus on providing a FM transponder that will be available on most
passes over South Africa and will have a short time line to launch.
This FM Transponder CubeSat which has yet to be named, will be based on
a standard available space frame and sub system with a locally designed
payload. The project will be coordinated by Hannes Coetzee, ZS6BPZ.

The second bird called SAiSAT focuses on an innovative approach to the
deployment of fold-out solar panels. The project is aimed at getting
Master and Phd students involved in the development and design of
various payloads and substructures. A detailed paper on SAiSAT will be
released in the next two weeks on www dot amsatsa dot org dot za. Both
satellite projects will the subject of papers to be present at the
South African AMSAT Space Symposium to be held on 26 March 2011. (SA
AMSAT via ANS)

**

HAM RADIO IN SPACE: QST EDITOR ON HO-68

And the Southgate news reports that you never know who you'll find on
the amateur radio satellites. How about QST Magazine editor Steve Ford,
WB8IMY.

Writing on the AMSAT bulletin board K8YSE says that Hhe recently hear
Ford calling CQ on the HO-68 bird. According to K8YSE, Ford was
operating from home with his TS2000 and Eggbeater antennas. He says
that the two had a nice chat and the reception was excellent.
(Southgate)

**

ON THE AIR: NEW ZEALAND AMATEUR RADIO DAY JAN 15

New Zealand Amateur Radio Day takes place annually from 1000 to 1200
hours local time on the 3rd Saturday of January. This year that's
January the 15th.

The purpose of the New Zealand Amateur Radio Day is to promote the
hobby to the public so that some may be encouraged to join the local
club, take on classes and become amateur radio operators.

Clubs taking part are urged to set up at any prominent and public
location where there is plenty of public foot traffic. Participating
amateurs are required to keep a log of all stations worked during the 2
hours and use of club callsigns is encouraged, however individuals may
also set up a station using his or her own callsign.

Operation on New Zealand Amateur Radio Day can be on any band and any
mode. Digital modes and CW may also be used to attract interest.
(NZART)

**

ON THE AIR: A QSO A DAY FOR G6HMU DURING 2011

And throughout 2011, Keith Maton, G6NHU, is embarking on an ambitious
project to have a QSO every day of the year. He says that his QSOs
will be on any band or any mode

There is a blog to follow the progress of this project at
www.qso365.co.uk. The blog won't necessarily be updated every day but
it will document how the project is going with updates as time permits.
(Southgate)

**

DX

In DX, W5JON says that he will be operating as V47JA from his new
Calypso Bay, St. Kitts vacation home from February 16th until March
30th. He will be active on 80 through 6 meters SSB including both the
ARRL International DX SSB Contest SSB on March 5th and 6th as well as
the WPX SSB Contest on Marth 26th and 27th. Also, listen out for
John's wife Cathy, W5HAM, will also operate using her newly issued
V47HAM callsign. All QSL's go to W5JON at his callbook address.

XW1B is planning another operation from Danang, Vietnam, for the ARRL
DX CW Contest to be held February 19th and 20th. He will operate a a
Single-Operator Low-Power entry using the callsign 3W3B. He states that
he will be living in Danang most of the year and anticipates being very
active on the various bands. QSL only via E21EIC. NO eQSLs will be
accepted for this one.

DC0KK is again active from Sri Lanka as 4S7KKG until March 13th. Hes on
all of the HF bands using CW, SSB and the Digital modes. He also hopes
to activate Barberyn Island sometime during his stay. QSL via DC0KK,
either direct or by the Bureau.

IK2QPR will be on the air as 5R8PR from Nosy Be, Madagascar between
January 17th and the 25th. Activity will be holiday style on 40through
10 meters using CW, SSB and RTTY. QSL via his home callsign.

F6BLP, will be active as 6W7SK from Senegal between January 8yj to the
21st. This operation will also be holiday style operating mainly CW.
QSL via F6BLP, either direct or by the Bureau.

Lastly, JK1FNL will be active from the Maldives as 8Q7FF between
January 4th through the 9th. Listen out for this operation on 160
through 6 meters using CW, SSB and RTTY. QSL via his home callsign.

(Above from various DX news sources)

**

THAT FINAL ITEM: BABE - THE BOAT ANCHOR EVALUATOR

And finally this week, there are a lot of web sites on the Internet
that deal with so called Boat Anchors. You know -old radio equipment
full of tubes. Well how is this site with a variation on this theme
and its called BABE.

BABE stands for the Boat Anchor Beauty Evaluator. It is a website that
contains a formula that includes terms such as the number of knobs on
front panel, of these the number of knobs not generally used, the
number of tubes and meters, the rack space required for the unit and
more. In the end the site will give you a very subjective
Functionality Quotient which is an arbitrary value based on the single
question of: "does everything work?"

You can have some real fun with this one. It's in cyberspace at
tinyurl.com/2b9453l (VHF Reflector)

**

NEWSCAST CLOSE

With thanks to Alan Labs, AMSAT, the ARRL, the CGC Communicator, CQ
Magazine, the FCC, the Ohio Penn DX Bulletin, Radio Netherlands, Rain,
the RSGB, the Southgate News and Australia's WIA News, that's all from
the Amateur Radio Newsline(tm). Our e-mail address is
. More information is available at Amateur
Radio Newsline's(tm) only official website located at
www.arnewsline.org. You can also write to us or support us at Amateur
Radio Newsline(tm), 28197 Robin Avenue, Santa Clarita California, 91350

And a reminder that the deadline for Dayton Hamvention award
nominations is getting close. The Hamvention now sponsors four annual
awards. These are the Technical Excellence, Special Achievement and
Radio Amateur of the Year Awards. And as the special Radio Club of the
Year was such a big success in 2010, that Hamvention planners have
decided to make it a permanent addition to the Hamvention Awards
program.

If you know of a radio amateur or a radio club deserving of recognition
please submit your nomination. Further information and nomination
forms can be found on-line at www.Hamvention.com in the awards section.
To be considered for any award the nominations must be submitted no
later than January 15, 2011.

For now, with Bill Pasternak, WA6ITF, at the editors desk, I'm Don
Wilbanks, AE5DW, saying Happy New Year 2011, 73 and we thank you for
listening.

Amateur Radio Newsline(tm) is Copyright 2010and 2011. All rights
reserved.