Old May 20th 11, 02:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.info

Default Amateur Radio Newsline(tm) Report 1762 - May 20 2011

Amateur Radio Newsline(tm) Report 1762 - May 20 2011

The following is a closed circuit and not necessarily for air. With a
word from the Support Fund heres our producer, Bill Pasternak, WA6ITF.

--

If you look back, you will notice that the last time you heard me
soliciting donations was way back in the fall of 2010. Thanks to your

We know you prefer to hear the news rather than having to listen to
these announcements and we agree. But over the past few months almost
all donations have ceased so here we our with our annual spring pitch.

We do our very best to keep operating expenses to a minimum. Everyone
involved in the Amateur Radio Newsline is a volunteer. There is no
paid staff. More important, all of the monies you donate go only toward
operating expenses and in supporting the Young Ham of the Year Award.
And for you, your donation is tax deductible.

We even make it very easy to donate. If you have web access all you
need to do is take your web browser to www dot arnewsline dot org. Then
click on the words "Make A donation" and use your Pay-Pal account or
credit card to transfer into ours.

Or you can use the good old method of writing a check and sending it to
Amateur Radio Newsline Support Fund, 28197 Robin Avenue, Saugus
California 91350.

Either way, we thank you for your kindness. For your support and for
your trust.

OK. Time for me to get back to my desk and write the newscast. For
the support fund, I'm Bill Pasternak, WA6ITF.

--

Thanks Bill. Now, Amateur Radio Newsline report number 1762 with a
release date of Friday, May 20, 2011 to follow in 5-4-3-2-1.

The following is a Q-S-T. Ham radio is on alert as the mighty
Mississippi reaches flood state; the National Telecommunications and
Information Administration says its not sure what spectrum is really in
use by those it oversees; church services are being heard on 10 meters
in Europe and the doors swing open at the Hara Arena for Hamvention
2011. Find out the details are on Amateur Radio Newsline(tm) report
number 1762 coming your way right now.

(Billboard Cart Here)

**

RADIO LAW: NTIA ADMITS ITS SPECTRUM AVAILABILITY RESEARCH MAY BE
FAULTY

The National Telecommunications and Information Administration better
known as the N-T-I-A cannot guarantee that spectrum it oversees is
being used efficiently by federal agencies. That was one of the
conclusions of a just-released Government Accountability Office study
of NTIA's spectrum management. Amateur Radio Newsline's Norm Seeley,
KI7UP, has more.

--

According to the Broadcasting and Cable electronic newsletter,
identifying that spectrum has become increasingly important. This, as

The report looked at the NTIA's most recent project which was part of
that combined FCC and NTIA search for spectrum that might be available
for reallocation to broadband carriers. It founds that agencies whose
bandwidth was being evaluated encountered difficulties in providing
NTIA with the necessary data and analyses. This is likely because the
NTIA's data management system is antiquated and lacks internal controls
to ensure the accuracy of agency-reported data. This in turn makes it
unclear as to weather decisions regarding actual of federal government
spectrum usage is based on reliable data.

As a result, the government's General Accounting Office has recommended
that NTIA update its strategic plan and establish better controls to
ensure accuracy. The NTIA has agreed to review that strategic plan,
and that it will work on the issues of accuracy and completeness of
studies to the degree it could afford to. But it added that for budget
reasons, it would need to continue to rely on self-reporting by
government agencies.

For the Amateur Radio Newsline, I'm Norm Seeley, KI7UP, reporting from
Scottsdale, Arizona.

--

The National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA)
is an agency of the United States Department of Commerce that serves as

**

INTRUDER WATCH: CHURCH AUDIO HEARD ON 10 METERS

Illegal broadcasts from at least one church have been heard on 28 dot
265 Mhz by hams in Germany. As a result, amateurs world-wide are being
requested to listen on this frequency in order to identify the station
and its location. If you hear it, please send your report to Ger
McNamara, EIU4GXB. Ger is the IARU Monitoring System Coordinator by
e-mail to ei4gxb at gmail dot com.

(GB2RS)

**

ENFORCEMENT: FCC ISSUES SIX NAL'S FOR UNLICENSED OPERATION

Meantime, back in the USA, the FCC issued no less than six notices
involving individuals operating overpowered broadcast stations in the
FM band without a license. Five of the Notices of Violation or NAL's
were issued in Florida, but it was a unlicensed operation in San Jose
California that was hit the hardest. Amateur Radio Newsline's Jeff
Clark, K8JAC, is here with the details:

--

We start off in Fort Myers Florida. That's where Patrick Michael Ford,
also known as Disc Jockey "Joker" was hit with a notice of apparent

Also in Fort Myers, Alex Alcime, also known as Disc Jockey "Short Dawg"
was handed a notice of apparent liability for $10000. This after he
was also allegedly found operating on 95.7 MHz.

And in Lauderdale Lakes, Florida, Mikhail Rhodd, also known as "Blakk
Babi" got his $10,000 N-A-L for operating on 89.5 MHz. The station was
calling itself "Stuntastic Radio."

Further south in Miami, Antonio Robinson hit with a $10000 N-A-L for
operating a station calling itself Hittbreaker Radio. It was operating
on 105.5 MHz.

On Florida's west coast, in St. Petersburg, Thomas L. Morey was also
hit with a $10000 Notice of Apparent Liability. The FCC says that he
was broadcasting as Thomas on 88.3 MHz,

Finally, some 3000 miles to the West in San Jose CA: Gabriel A. Garcia
was hit with a $25,000 N-A-L for operating on numerous frequencies,
from numerous San Jose locations, while using the call letters KNRG.
The FCC says that when its agents traced a signal on 93.7 MHz to its
origin point, a request to inspect the station was denied. According
to the FCC on another inspection attempt Garcia not only refused, but
allegedly stated to the agents, "Do you want to get shot?" For all of
these reasons the FCC found his violation to be egregious and upped the
fine to $25,000.

I'm Jeff Clark, K8JAC.

--

All six of the alleged violators were given the usual 30 days to pay
the fines or to file appeals. (FCC)

**

NAMES IN THE NEWS: FCC COMMISSIONER MEREDITH ATTWELL BAKER TO LEAVE
FCC JUNE 3RD

Still with FCC news, word that Republican FCC Commissioner Meredith
Attwell Baker has announced that she will be leaving her post on June
3rd. Thats 27 days before her term actually was to expire on June
30th.

Baker was nominated by President Obama in June 2009 and sworn in just
five weeks later. She filled the unexpired term of fellow Republican
and former Chairman Kevin Martin, who resigned in January 2009.

Baker made her announcement on May 12th. At the same time she said
that she has accepted a new position with cable giant Comcast as its
Senior Vice President of Government Affairs for NBCUniversal division.

Baker's departure creates a Republican vacancy on the Commission. By
law, only three sitting Commissioners may be of the same political
party. Chairman Julius Genachowski, along with Commissioners Michael
Copps and Mignon Clyburn, are Democrats. With Baker's departure
Commissioner Robert McDowell will temporarily be the only Republican.
(FCC, other published reports)

**

BREAK 1

From the United States of America, We are the Amateur Radio Newsline,

heard on bulletin stations around the world including the Hamvention
repeater, W8BI, serving Dayton, Ohio.

(5 sec pause here)

**

HAM HAPPENINGS: HAMVENTION 2011 SET TO OPEN MAY 20

As we go to air, the doors are opening at the Harra Arena ushering in
the 2011 Dayton Hamvention. And while its to early to tell how thick
the crowds will be, Assistant General Chairman Josh Long, KD8BVB, says
that the events planners are ready for just about an number of
attendees or any eventuality that might come their way:

--

KD8BVB: "We try our hardest not to affect attendees with security
measures, but we do hace the City of Trotwood Police and Fire

"We use local security - a merchants security to check the doors and
secure the lots in the evenings.

"There is a lot of planning behind the scenes with an event this size.
You have to coordinate with local authorities and have meeting places
off-site in case of an event that might happen.

"We have been fortunate to not vave to put any of those protocols into
place. But they are there and available to keep our attendees and our
volunteers safe."

--

According to Long, this is the 48th consecutive year that the
Hamvention has been held at the Hara Arena in the Dayton suburb of

--

KD8BVB: "The Dayton Hamvention takes up all six large halls of the
complex which is about 124,000 square feet for forums and exhibit

--

Long says that in addition to the inside vendors, the flea market and
the forums, three very popular sidelights are either returning or

--

KD8BVB: "We have some returning crowd-favorites this year including a
weather balloon launch that will take place on Saturday. We are also

--

Long and all the Hamvention planners say that they hope to meet many of
you at the Hara Arena from May 20th to the 22nd as they do all they can

(ARNewsline(tm) with audio courtesy of the RAINReport)

**

RESCUE RADIO: WALTON COUNTY GA. FIREHOUSES GET HAM RADIO

Georgia's Walton County Fire Rescue has teamed up with Walton County
Emergency Radio Club and the Amateur Radio Emergency Service to further
protect the residents of the area during disasters. This, by
installing amateur radio gear in every county firehouse.

Walton County Fire Rescue Chief Mike Moore said he thinks this is a
good step for the protection of the citizens by assuring a broad range
of emergency response in times of need. He says that this partnership
with the local ham community means that radio amateurs can be used to
facilitate communication between emergency personnel if the county's
radios lose service in the event of natural disaster or tower failure.

Rick Mayson, W1CRM is the Assistant Emergency Coordinator for the
Walton County Emergency Radio Club. According to news reports, he has
worked closely with fire personnel to have the radios programmed as
well as training and licensing for firefighters, law enforcement, and
hospital personnel. The club provides training classes twice a month
for anyone interested in obtaining an amateur radio license. It also
sponsors exam sessions for prospective licensees.

Mayson says that they are also in talks with the Cities of Monroe,
Loganville and as Social Circle to have ham gear placed in their fire
stations as well. (Loganville-Grayson Patch)

**

RESCUE RADIO: NEWS REPORTS SAY JET BLUE TERMINAL AT JFK NYC IS RADIO
DEAD ZONE

According to recent news reports, the $743 million Jet Blue Airlines
terminal at JFK Airport in New York is a police radio dead zone. One
that puts Port Authority police officers in a Ground Zero like
communications blackout zone that has already led to a number of police
injuries.

Newspaper reports say that the problem was discovered by Port Authority
personnel about six months before the terminal opened to the public way
back in October 2008. This when officials ran down a checklist of
safety issues and realized the radio communications deficiency existed.

A permanent fix will cost an estimated $3 million and is many months
away from completion. In the meantime Port Authority police officers
assigned to the terminal are reportedly given preprogrammed cellphones
at the start of their shifts to call the JFK police command if an
emergency crops up.

Port Authority spokesman John Kelly acknowledged cops assigned there
were now using backup communication, but maintaines that a temporary
system implemented in April of 2010 provides partial coverage for
officers to be able to use their police radios. (Published news
reports)

**

THE DIGITAL DIVIDE: TV OWNERSHIP DECLINES

In what experts are attributing to both the current economic slide and
the rise of alternative digital devices, ownership of television sets
in the U.S. has dropped for the first time in 20 years.

According to the A.C. Nielsen ratings service, 96.7 percent of American
households currently own TVs, down from 98.9 percent. That's a drop of
2.2% in the past two decades.

According to news articles quoting Nielsen, there appear to be two
reasons for the decline. The first is purely economic. Simply said,
some low-income households no longer own TV sets, most likely because
they cannot afford new digital receivers and outdoor antennas. Likely,
when their older non-digital sets using converter boxes fail and can no
longer be repaired they simply walk away from any form of in-home
visual entertainment.

The other is technological know-how among the current generation of
younger viewers. There are the pre-teens, teens and young adults who
are growing up with laptop computers rather than the traditional
television remote control of their parents era. As they reach
adulthood they are simply opting not to buy TV sets. Instead, they are
watching their television shows and other forms of entertainment
streamed live over the Internet. (HD News)

**

RADIO EDUCATION: ICOM PRESENTS THE ADVENTURES OF ZACK AND MAX COMIC
BOOKS

ICOM America has produced a series of comic books based on amateur
radio for youngsters. Titled The Adventures of Zack and Max, the
downloadable magazines follow the adventures of the two teen hams with
stories designed to provide the reader with some basic information
about ham radio, giving a glimpse into its history, its applications,
and its relevance in the world today. So far there are six issues of
The Adventures of Zack and Max along with matching coloring books for
the younger set. Icom also has a Zack and Max art calendar to match
the series. All can be downloaded in ready to print pdf file format
from the Icom America website at tinyurl.com/hamcomics (WIA News,
ArnewslineT)

**

HAM RADIO VIDEO: THE LAST BIG FIELD DAY FROM KN4AQ

The Last Big Field Day is a new 41 minute video from Amateur Radio
Video News that tells the story of world class Field Day station W3AO
that since 1999 has topped the ARRL's Field Day Top 10 list, beating
2nd place by a wide margin. In 2004, the operation listed itself as
50A. That's 50 transmitters, 10 towers a myriad of antennas and
something that intrigued film maker Gary Pearce, KN4AQ. So armed with
his video production gear, Gary traveled to the W3AO site to capture
the moment and tell the tale to the world.

As Gary tells the story, it took a few years to find the time to get
The Last Big Field Day into post production and duplicated. Now, just
in time for release at the 2011 Dayton Hamvention the DVD is ready for
the world to see. A preview of The Last Big Field Day can be seen
on-line at www.youtube.com/kn4aq. More information including an
on-line order form are found at www.ARVideoNews.com (KN4AQ)

**

HAM HAPPENINGS: PAPERS SOLICITED FOR 2011 ARRL/TAPR DCC

Technical papers are solicited for presentation at the 30th Annual ARRL
and Tuscon Amateur Packet Radio Digital Communications Conference to be
held September 16th to the 18th in Baltimore, Maryland. Papers will
also be published in the Conference Proceedings.

The submission deadline is July 31st. Papers will be published exactly
as submitted, and authors will retain all rights. Also, authors do not
need to attend the conference to have their papers included in the
Proceedings.

Submit papers to via e-mail to or via snail mail to Maty
Weinberg, KB1EIB, ARRL Headquarters, 225 Main St, Newington,
Connecticut, 06111. The ARRL says that it will provide additional
information on the 2011 Digital Communications Conference as it becomes
available. (ARRL, TAPR)

**

HAM HAPPENINGS: 2011 AMSAT-UK SPACE COLLOQUIUM PUTS OUT 2ND CALL FOR
SPEAKERS

The 2011 AMSAT-UK Space Colloquium has put out a second call for
speakers. This years event will be held Saturday, July 30th and
Sunday the 31st at the Holiday Inn, Guildford, in the U-K. Offers by
speakers who wish to give talks at this colloquium should be sent to
G4DPZ by e-mail yo david.johnson (at) blackpepper (dit) co (dot) uk.
(AMSAT)

**

HAM HAPPENINGS: ARMAD CELEBRATES THE MILITARY ON MAY 28

Amateur Radio Military Appreciation Day better known as ARMAD will be
held this year on May 28th. Thee purpose of the event is to once again
honor those that serve in the armed forces, Veterans, military retired
and 1st responders.

This years celebration will include a rally in Fort Wayne, Indiana as
well as live on the air operations by several amateur radio clubs, and
other organizations around the nation. The primary frequencies that
will be used for ARMAD 2011 are 7.260, 14.260, 21.290 and 28.450 MHz.
Operations will also be taking place on Echolink node number 106819

Amateur Radio Military Appreciation Day was was founded in 2003 by
Emery McClendon, KB9IBW. His interest in organizing military special
events came from his four years of service in the US Air Force and two
years in the Indiana Air National Guard. In 2008 he was given the
Dayton Hamvention Special Achievement Award in recognition of his work
in creating and fostering ARMAD.

While primarily a United States event, hams world-wide are invited to
take part in Amateur Radio Military Appreciation Day as a way of
saluting the brave men and women of the military with messages of
thanks and appreciation. More is on-line at
www.armad.net. (ARMAD,
Southgate)

**

BREAK 2

This is ham radio news for today's radio amateur. From the United
States of America, We are the Amateur Radio Newsline with links to the
world from our only official website at www.arnewsline.org and being
relayed by the volunteer services of the following radio amateur:

(5 sec pause here)

**

RADIO RESEARCH: NEW 40 METER NAVIS BEACON ON THE AIR FROM SOUTH AFRICA

A new 40 meter beacon designed to test NAVIS or Near Vertical Incidence
Skywave conditions from South Africa's central Freestate came on the
air on Saturday, May 7th. 7 The beacon operates on 7 point 027 MHz
running 50 milliwatts to a wire dipole sitting onlt 6 meters above the
ground.

The beacon send operates in Morse at 5 words per minute sending the
messagev "VVV DE ZS4BOT/B KG30BV." The KG30BV suffix is the Maidenhead
Grid locator of the beacons exact position.

For those not familiar with Near Vertical Incidence Skywave, itis a
radio wave propagation method that provides usable signals in the range
between ground wave and sky wave distances. In most cases that's
usually between 50 to 650 kilometers. The radio waves travel upwards
into the ionosphere, where they are refracted back down and can be
received within a circular region up to 650 km from the transmitter.
The best frequencies for NAVISS communications lie between 1 point 8
to 15 MHz.

The ZS4BOT beacon and software was designed and built by Jan Botha,
ZS4JAN. Reception reports go by e-mail to wirelesscomms (at) vodamail
(dot) co (dot) za (Southgate)

**

HAM RADIO ON LINE: NEW CYBERSPACE SDR RADIO CLUB LAUNCHED

A new online Software Defined Radio Club has been launched by U-K
amateur Adrian Lane, 2E0SDR. Lane's idea is to create a global
community dedicated to the technology of software defined radio.
Membership is free with site is being run as a dedicated portal with
all members being able to add content. You can find it in cyberspace
at www.softwaredefinedradio.co.uk. (GB2RS)

**

EMERGING TECHNOLOGY: MAKING GREEN LED'S MORE EFFICIENT

Researchers at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute has lead to the
development of a new method for manufacturing green-colored Light
Emitting Diodes with greatly enhanced output.

The research team, led by Physics Professor Christian Wetzel began by
etching a nano-scale pattern at the interface between the LED's
sapphire base and the layer of Gallium Nitride. The latter is what
gives the LED its green color. This new technique results in green
LED's with significant enhancements in light extraction, internal
efficiency, and light output. This discovery brings Wetzel and his
team one step closer to the goal of developing a high performance,
low-cost green Light Emitting Diodes.

Results of the study were published recently in the journal Applied
Physics Letters, and are featured in the April 25th issue of the
Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology. The latter is
published by the American Institute of Physics and the American
Physical Society. (Science OnLine)

**

EMERGING TECHNOLOGY: HUMAN MOVEMENT COULD REPLACE BATTERIES

Powering your hand held radio or other electronic device that converts
movement into power could be on the horizon. This as a team of
researchers in New Zealand say that they are trying to develop what
they call wearable energy harvesters" capable of converting movement
from humans or found in nature into battery power.

According to Science Daily, the new technology is based on a class of
variable capacitor generators known as dielectric elastomer generators
ot D-E-G's. The scientific investigations currently underway say that
these devices shows great potential for wearable energy harvesting. In
fact, researchers at the Auckland Bioengineering Institute's
Biomimetics Lab believe D-E-G's may enable the creation of light
weight, form-fitting, and silent energy harvesters with excellent
mechanical properties that match human muscle.

The findings are described in the American Institute of Physics'
journal Applied Physics Letters. More on this emerging new technology
is on-line at tinyurl.com/3vfsyry. (Science Daily)

**

HAM RADIO IN SPACE: DARA CREATES MATCHING FUND FOR AMSAT

The Dayton Amateur Radio Association has announced a fundraising
challenge for AMSAT whereby they will match on a 1 to 3 basis, up to
$5,000 for donations made in 2011. That is, for every $3.00 that AMSAT
raises, DARA will provide $1.00 up to the $5000 maximum.

In a statement made at the time of the announcement, AMSAT says that it
appreciates the Dayton Amateur Radio Association's support. It also
sees this as an opportunity for donors to increase the impact of their
donations by taking advantage of this matching program. (AMSAT, DARA)

**

DX

In DX, the Intrepid-DX Group and the DX Friends plan to activate the
Southern Sudan as new country on or after July 9th. At airtime members
of the two groups report that they are in consultation with
representatives of the new Southern Sudan Government, the International
Telecommunications Union and the International Amateur Radio Union
working omn making arrangements. More on this proposed operation will
be posted on-line at www dot dxfriends dot com stroke
SouthernSudan2011

F4EGS will be active as TT8PK from Chad until June 15th. He will be on
the air only as time permits. QSL via F4EGS either direct or via the
bureau.

The DXColombia Amateur Radio Club has announced that it plans to
conduct a DXpedition to Malpelo Island next year. Using the special
call HK0NA, issued by the Colombian Ministry the group hopes to
activate Malpelo during the first quarter of 2012. Operation will be
on 160 through 6 meters including the 30, 17 and 12 bands using CW, SSB
and RTTY. Plans call for at least 3 stations to be on the air at the
same time on different bands and using different modes. More details
will be announced as they are made available.

The Pacific-DXers' web page is reporting that the C21A DXpedition to
Nauru will take place between November 13th and December 7th.
Operations will be led by VK4FW with liaison support by VK4AN. They
expect to have 6 operators and 3 stations active on all bands 160
through 6 meters using CW, SSB, RTTY and PSK31. QSLing will be handled
direct by the Pacific DXers. More is on-line at pacific-dxers dot com.

(Above from various DX news sources)

**

THAT FINAL ITEM: WSM TRANSMITTER SITE ADDED TO NATIONAL REGISTER OF
HISTORIC PLACES

And finally this week, while many communities are trying to do away
with any form of radio towers, one is now an official part of American
history. This with word that the legendary 30-acre WSM transmitter
site and 808-foot diamond shaped Blau-Knox tower in Nashville,
Tennessee has been added to the National Register of Historic Places on
April 14th. Michael Grebert, KJ4ZZV, is here with the details:

--

According to an article in Artist Direct, the WSM transmitter site was
recognized by the National Park Service for its association with events

Erected in 1932 by the Blaw-Knox Steel Co., the distinctive,
diamond-shaped tower enabled the 50,000-watt station to reach out to 38
states and Canada as a federally-designated clear channel station. This
immense coverage area was one of the key factors for the success of its
flagship program known the world over as the Grand Ole Opry.

Today, WSM's tower remains the tallest and oldest of the unique
Blaw-Knox structures. Originally the tower was 878 feet tall, but by
1939, it was discovered that it was electrically too long, due to the
velocity factor effect. This resulted in a high angle of radiation, and
with that, both groundwave and skywave cancellation of the stations
signal some 120 miles away. The tower was then shortened to its current
height.

Other surviving Blaw-Knox towers in the United States are those used by
WCAU in Philadelphia; WLW in Cincinnati; WFEA in Manchester New
Hampshire; WBT near Charlotte, North Carolina and New York City's WADO.

For the Amateur Radio Newsline, I'm Michael Grebert, KJ4ZZV, reporting
from the home of the WSM Blau-Knox tower here in Music City, Nashville,
Tennessee.

--

Several Blau-Knox towers were also erected in Europe before company
abandoned of the radio tower business way back in 1958. And from an

**

NEWSCAST CLOSE

With thanks to Alan Labs, AMSAT, the ARRL, the CGC Communicator, CQ
Magazine, the FCC, the Ohio Penn DX Bulletin, Radio Netherlands, Rain,
the RSGB, the Southgate News and Australia's WIA News, that's all from
the Amateur Radio Newsline(tm). Our e-mail address is Newsline (at)
arnewsline (dot) org. More information is available at Amateur Radio
Newsline's(tm) only official website located at www.arnewsline.org.
You can also write to us or support us at Amateur Radio Newsline(tm),
28197 Robin Avenue, Santa Clarita California, 91350

And a reminder that the nominating period for the year 2011 Amateur
Radio Newsline Young Ham of the Year Award is now open. Created by
Newsline back in 1986, this award is offered to recognize one young
United States or Canadian radio amateur age 18 or younger for his or
her contributions to society through Amateur Radio.

As in years past, the 2011 recipient will receive an expense paid trip
to the Huntsville Hamfest in Huntsville Alabama courtesy of
Vertex-Standard Corporation which produces Yaesu brand amateur radio
gear. Vertex-Standard will also present this years winner with a
special ham radio related gift. CQ Magazine will again treat the
recipient to a week at Spacecamp-Huntsville. We at Amateur Radio
Newsline will present the winner with a plaque honoring his or her
achievements.

All nominations and materials required by the official rules must be
received by ARNewsline before June 30, 2011. A downloadable nominating
form is at our website at www.arnewsline.org. A nominating form can
also be obtained by sending a request along with a self addressed
stamped envelope to the Young Ham of the Year Award in care of Amateur
Radio Newsline, Inc. 28197 Robin Avenue, Santa Clarita California
91350.

Again, the cutoff date for these years Young Ham of the Year Award
nominations is June 30th. We ask you to do your part by nominating a
young ham who has done something special related to ham radio. The
nomination form is at www dot arnewsline dot org.

For now, with Bill Pasternak, WA6ITF, at the editors desk, I'm Don
Wilbanks, AE5DW, saying 73 and we thank you for listening.

Amateur Radio Newsline(tm) is Copyright 2011. All rights reserved.