Old August 5th 11, 11:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default Ohio/Penn DX Special Bulletin #1021.2

SB DX @ WW KB8NW $OPDX.1021.2
Ohio/Penn DX Special Bulletin No. 1021.2

The Ohio/Penn DX PacketCluster
DX Special Bulletin No. 1021.2
BID: $OPDX.1021.2
August 5, 2011
Editor Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW
Provided by BARF80.ORG (Cleveland, Ohio)

Thanks to the Northern Ohio Amateur Radio Society, Northern Ohio DX
Association, Ohio/Penn PacketCluster Network, AB5K & the AR TelNet
Clusters Network, NC1L, K4UUE and N6PSE for the following DX information.

DXCC NEWS.....................
* DXCC CONTACT INFORMATION CHANGE - Bill Moore, NC1L, Awards Branch
Manager reports, "Changes have been made to the DXCC E-mail contact
system. Please check your address book and make note of the following:
is no longer in use.
In an effort to better serve our clients, we have created a number
of new E-mail addresses that will be delivered to the most appropriate
person depending upon the subject.
Please visit http://www.arrl.org/awards-branch-contacts for a
listing of the new e-mail addresses and the general topics that they
cover.

* Bill Moore, NC1L, Awards Branch Manager, reports the following
operation is approved for DXCC credit:
ST0R – South Sudan; Current operation

HK0, MALPELO ISLAND (Press Release). FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -
"Malpelo DXpedition 2012 (August 5, 2011)
Contact:

The Malpelo 2012 DXpedition is pleased to announce that the HK0NA
operating team is now complete with 16 operators. This is an international
team of excellent operators, representing 8 different countries, and
includes 3 members of the CQ DX Hall of Fame.
The team will depart from Buenaventura, Colombia on January 22, 2012,
for the 235 mile trip to Malpelo. Depending on sea and landing conditions,
we expect to be QRV within 36 hours after landing for about 10-12 days.
The team will return to Buenaventura on Feb. 6, 2012.
Operations are planned on 160 through 6 meters on CW, SSB and Digital
modes.
We wish to thank Elecraft for the loan of seven K3 transceivers and
five of the new KPA 500 amplifiers. RF Concepts (Alpha) has agreed to
loan the team three Alpha 8410 amplifiers for use on the low bands and
DX Engineering will supply most of the DXpedition antennas.
Thanks to N2OO and the SJDXA who have graciously agreed to handle QSL
duties. You may recall the expert job they did for 3Y0X and K5D recently.
Contributions are being sought from DX Foundations, DX Clubs and
individual DXers. Your financial assistance is kindly requested. You may
contribute directly to DXARC (Colombia) or to K4UEE (North America), DJ9ZB
(Europe), or JA1ELY ( Asia/JA). See our website:
www.hk0na.com for further
details on how you can help.
We plan periodic press releases with information of interest. Also,
watch the website for breaking news.
Thanks,
Jorge Prieto, HK1R
DXpedition Leader"

ST0, SOUTH SUDAN UPDATE. Here is the latest information regarding the
South Sudan DXpedition from Paul, N6PSE:
Dispatch Juba:
"Today, the Undersecretary of the Ministry of Communications and his
staff visited the ST0R team and observed our operations.
The Undersecretary has been very supportive of our plans to conduct
this DXpedition to the new country of the Republic of South Sudan.
Following the visit to the radio shack, we enjoyed a cordial lunch
and exchanged documents to commemorate the first DXpedition to the
Republic of South Sudan.
The ST0R team is also assisting the Ministry of Communications with
the ITU application for their own prefix. We are also providing them
guidence to establish their own Amateur Radio activities.

Thank you,
The ST0R team."

-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ--ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-
** IMPORTANT NOTICE/REMINDER ** The Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin now has a new
FAX number. Contributors can now send/fax their DX information to the
following number: 1-419-828-7791 ( F A X only! )
-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ--ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-
SPECIAL NOTE BY EDITOR: If you are having a problem receiving bounced
mail by sending mail to me via " ", please send
mail to me via "
"...... TNX de Tedd KB8NW
-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ--ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-
PLEASE NOTICE (as of February 12th), NEW ADDRESS CHANGES FOR THE
OPDX INTERNET HELP/SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS:
Help: mailto Subscribe: mailto Unsubscribe: mailto OPDX WORLD-WIDE WEB HOME PAGE (provided by John, K8YSE):
http://www.papays.com/opdx.html
ALSO VISIT THE NORTHERN OHIO DX ASSOCIATION'S WEB HOME PAGE:
http://www.papays.com/nodxa.html
-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ--ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-
Excerpts and distribution of The OPDX Bulletin are granted as long as
KB8NW/OPDX/BARF80 receive credit. To contribute DX info, please send
via InterNet Mail to: - OR -
Information can now be faxed to the following "NEW" phone line at:
1-419-828-7791 (F A X only!)

/EXIT
-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ--ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-

Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW -
--or--
Editor of the "Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin" (OPDX - "DXer's Tool of Excellence")
President of the "Northern Ohio DX Association" (NODXA)
DX Chairman for the "Northern Ohio Amateur Radio Society
ARRL Assistant Director of the Great Lakes Division
Sysop of the "Basic Amateur Radio Frequency BBS" (BARF80.ORG)