Old July 12th 12, 05:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.info

Default QRZ Forums - Amateur Radio News for Thursday 12 July 2012

QRZ Forums - Amateur Radio News

You've heard of Quartzfest* but did you know we now have a monthly
Newsletter?

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php...r&goto=newpost

Hey, have you seen our new Quartzfest* Newsletter yet? Quartzfest* has been
in existence since 1997 and I'm proud as Quartzfest's Organizer to announce
that this month, July 2012, we have a fully formatted and informational
newsletter that covers a variety of topics including an "Ask an Elmer"
column.

For those of you who haven't seen the July newsletter, drop by our
Quartzrfest* website www.quartzfest.org and at the top of the page,
click "newsletter". There are two versions, both .pdf files but one is
small (about 600kb) for easy and fast downloading, the other is larger
(1.10Mb) and higher quality in case you want to print the newsletter. While
on our website, feel free to browse the site and enjoy our pictures and
reports from past Quartzfest's.

My plan as of now is to have a Quartzfest* newsletter published each month
and it will be both posted on the website and sent to subscribers by email
on the 1st of each month.

If you want it our Quartzfest* Newsletter delivered to your email inbox
simply click subscribe on the website and enter the requested
information...it's painless and only takes a few seconds.

If you haven't already made plans to attend Quartzfest* along with me and
hundreds of other hams...INCLUDING FRED AA7BQ, QRZ.com founder and owner,
and Gordon West WB6NOA , put January 15th - 25th on your calendar NOW!!!

If you haven't registered on our Yahoo! groups yet, we have two of them.
Feel free to join both...

1. "Quartzfest_Wanderers"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/quartz...guid=518264060 (for everyday use to
keep in contact with friends or discuss antennas, RV issues, etc.)

Quartzfest planning ONLY)

I hope you enjoy reading the newsletter and you're having a safe and fun
filled summer.

Steve KO4QT

Quartzfest* Organizer

Sheriff's colorado river station amateur radio association n6crs tests
radios

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php...s&goto=newpost

NEEDLES — With 5,000 square miles of law enforcement and search and rescue
responsibilities from the Nevada state line south about 70 miles to the
Riverside County line and from the Colorado River east almost 90 miles, the
San Bernardino County SheriffÂ’s Department realized the need for a command
post equipped with a variety of communication equipment able to communicate
with allied law enforcement and public service agencies from remote
locations.

SheriffÂ’s deputies, search and rescue members, Needles Citizens on Patrol
and professional staff from the departmentÂ’s Colorado River Station held
emergency communications training from the CRS command post on June 23 at
Jack Smith Park in Needles. Personnel tested their ability to set up the
command post on a momentÂ’s notice and, under simulated emergency conditions
using only emergency generator power, began communicating with other
amateur radio operators nationwide as part of the annual American Radio
Relay League Field Day event.

Click on the link for the full story:

http://www.thedesertstar.com/article...al/news883.txt