Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 5th 13, 06:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.info

Default QRZ Forums - Amateur Radio News for Friday 5 April 2013

QRZ Forums - Amateur Radio News

First Cuba to EI contact on FO-29

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php...9&goto=newpost

co6cbf_working_ei5ev.jpgFirst Cuba to EI contact on FO-29

Hector Martinez CO6CBF in Cuba has worked Joe
Murphy EI5EV in County Kilkenny on the amateur radio satellite FO-29 over
a distance of 6955.1 km.

Hector writes:

I am pleased to report that today I had my first contact on
satellites with Ireland.

Joe, EI5EV and I completed it successfully on
FO-29. We had just a 66 seconds window but there was enough
time to exchange reports and greetings. I believe that it is the first
contact between Ireland and Cuba on FO-29! It is a 4321.7 mi (6955.1 km)
contact!

Our first attempt was yesterday but Joe couldnÂ’t find me on
the passband. We made a schedule again and we tried to be more accurate on
frequencies calculation. Doppler is always in play!

We did the calculations based on the great feature
implemented on SatPC32 V12.8b. There is an option of seeing the frequency
you are at the satellite receiver. This was our common reference point. I
was very satisfied when I heard Joe exactly on the frequency I was
expecting!

I was operating portable from a tall building's roof which
allows me a great horizon visibility forwarding Europe. I was running my
new

FT-817nd, a 30W power amplifier and a homebrew ARROW antenna
with a homebrew mast mounted preamplifier. Everything was supplied by two
12V 7A Gel batteries.

Right Now, FO-29 has a big footprint. Please, if you are in
the footprint and want to try a long distance contact, just drop me an
email. I will try until complete a contact with you.

Thanks very much to Joe for this great contact!

73!

Hector, CO6CBF

El92sd

Email: co6cbf[at]frcuba.co.cu

FO-29 information
http://amsat-uk.org/satellites/fuji-oscar-29-jas-2/

Get Southgate Amateur Radio News by Email

Don't wait all week for the news!

Amateur Radio News - updated daily - 365 days per year

Attached Images

co6cbf_working_ei5ev.jpg
(16.7 KB)

STRaND-1 signal reports requested

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php...d&goto=newpost

chris_bridges_with_strand.jpgSTRaND-1 signal reports requested

Dr Chris Bridges (pictured right with STRaND-1) from the Surrey
Space Centre has advised that the amateur radio beacon on their STRaND-1
CubeSat became intermittent over the Easter weekend.

Both Mike Rupprecht DK3WN and Nader Omer ST2NH have reported
that no signals have been heard since Sunday.

Radio amateurs are asked to listen for STRaND-1 over the
next few days and report any positive results to
C.P.Bridges[at]surrey.ac.uk

Listen for a 9k6 bps AX.25 signal around 437.568 MHz (+/-
Doppler).

STRaND-1

http://amsat-uk.org/satellites/strand-1/

STRaND-1 telemetry beacon

http://amsat-uk.org/satellites/stran...d-1-telemetry/

STRaND-1 videos

http://amsat-uk.org/satellites/stran...rand-1-videos/

Get Southgate Amateur Radio News by Email

Don't wait all week for the news!

Amateur Radio News - updated daily - 365 days per year

Latest news stories..

First Cuba to EI contact on FO-29FCC seeks to reassess RF exposure
limitsCR5IARU - World Amateur Radio Day 2013G100RSGB on the amateur radio
satellitesDave Raycroft's ICPO BulletinDX News from the ARRLSolderSmoke
Amateur Radio Podcast 151

First Cuba to EI contact on FO-29FCC seeks to reassess RF exposure
limitsCR5IARU - World Amateur Radio Day 2013G100RSGB on the amateur radio
satellitesDave Raycroft's ICPO BulletinDX News from the ARRLSolderSmoke
Amateur Radio Podcast 151

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from: