Old April 8th 13, 06:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default QRZ Forums - Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events for Monday 8 April 2013

QRZ Forums - Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events

YJ0PO Efate Island Vanuatu

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php...u&goto=newpost

K2PO will be active from Efate Island , Vanuatu in CQ WW WPX CW Contest
25-26 May 2013 as YJ0PO

http://dxing.at-communication.com/en...sland_vanuatu/

73 Al 4L5A

WW8OH - COOKEN ARC - 9/7/13 1600-2400Z OSPOTA Contest Multi-Multi.

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php...i&goto=newpost

The guys at COOKEN ARC have decided to activate WW8OH at DILLON State Park
for this year's OSPOTA event, being held on Saturday, Sep. 7th, from
1600-2400z. (Noon til 8 [pm EDST) This "fun" contest is open to anyone,
anywhere.

Dillon SP is located in Muskingum County, for you county hunters.

Your/our goal is to work all 75 Ohio state parks during this 8 hr event.
You can make only one contact per station per band, regardless of mode.

WW8OH will operate three stations:

- 80/75m ssb,

- 40m cw/ssb, and

- 20-15-10m ssb.

In the spirit of getting to know our Ohio State Parks, we will be staying
at two cabins and one camp site for the entire weekend. Before and after
the contest WW8OH will be on the air for rag chewing/county hunting
purposes, as well as taking time to enjoy the park's many hiking,
camping, fishing and boating opportunities.

Hope to see you there, or in our log book!

The Guys at COOKEN

PS This new contest is catching on like wildfire. Indiana also has their
own contest this very same day. Other states are organizing their own
state parks contest. See the OSPOTA and INSPOTA websites for details.

Or better yet, take a spin and check out the SPs nearest to you!