Old January 26th 16, 09:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc,rec.radio.info

Default HRN 239: SatNOGS, from the DCC

Ham Radio Now

HRN 239: SatNOGS, from the DCC

http://HamRadioNow.tv

Those LEO (Low Earth Orbit) satellites have a lot of data to send, and only
a 10 minute window a couple times a day to send it... to any one ground
station. What if there were LOTS of ground stations all around the world,
networked together so that someone who needs to pull more data can tap into
them? And what if YOU could be one of those ground stations, fairly easily
and cheaply?

You can. Well, duh, why would we be talking about it if you couldn't?

This talk by Dan White ADØCQ is the last one of the regular presentations
at the 2015 DCC. Yet to come: the Banquet talk by Ward Silver N0AX and the
Sunday Seminar with TAPR president Steve Bible N7HPR.

HRN 238: Front Panel - Bruce Perens K6BP continues...

http://HamRadioNow.tv

The Whitebox... aka HT of the Future (add echo in your mind... I'll add it
in the audio)... a-not yet-ka as Katenna will not have a front panel. The
features and abilities for ham radio would make a traditional front panel
too expensive. Most of us already have a device or two capable of handling
all that - our smartphones and tablets. Add an app, connect by WiFi or NFC,
and run the radio.

Easy for me to say. Bruce Perens K6PB explains how he's doing it.

And by the way, Apple restricts access to some of the things Bruce needs to
make this work, so at least initially it won't be on iOS.
This posting includes a media file:
http://arvideonews.com/hrn/HRN0238_Audio_FrontPanel.mp3