Old March 3rd 16, 09:51 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Thursday 3 March 2016

RadioInsight

Hip-Hop Comes To The High Desert

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...e-high-desert/

El Dorado Broadcasters will shortly launch Urban HD 96.3 K242CS
Victorville/KATJ-HD2 George CA. The translator has been testing/stunting
for about a week with a loop of Tupacs California Love. No launch date for
the permanent format has been announced. HD 96.3 will give the High Desert
area a locally targeted competitor to iHeartMedias 99.1 KGGI Riverside.

El Dorado Sells Again In Santa Maria

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...n-santa-maria/

In addition to its pending sale of Country Sunny Country 102.5 KSNI-FM and
News/Talk 1240 KSMX Santa Maria to American General Media, El Dorado
Broadcasters is selling Regional Mexican 106.7 El Compa KSMY to Lazer
Broadcasting for $400,000. Lazer owns Regional Mexican La Mejor 1480 KSBQ
Santa Maria but no stations carrying its flagship Radio Lazer brand in the
market. Original Report 2/26: American General Media is adding two more
stations to its Santa Maria CA cluster. AGM is acquiring Country Sunny
Country 102.5 KSNI-FM and News/Talk 1240 KSMX Santa Maria from El Dorado
Broadcasters for an undisclosed price. American General Media already owns
Rhythmic CHR 95.7 The Beat KPAT, Regional Mexican La Ley 100.3 KRQX and
Variety Hits 104.1 Pirate Radio KBOX in the market. El Dorado Broadcasters
retains Rock 99.1 KXFM (which applied last year to relocate to the Santa
Barbara market) and Regional Mexican 106.7 El Compa KSMY in the market
along with four stations in the adjacent San Luis Obispo market including
KSNI-FM simulcaster 96.1 KSLY.

Norm Winer Exits WXRT Chicago

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...-wxrt-chicago/

Not even two months after being moved from Program Director to Director of
Music Initiatives Special Programming at CBS AAA 93.1 WXRT Chicago, Norm
Winer is exiting the station completely. Winer released the following
statement directed to the staff of WXRT: I have never attempted anything
like this. For me, this is uncharted territory. There is only so much that
I can express in words. I have decided to leave WXRT and CBS Radio. I have
been exceptionally fortunate to have been here, surrounded by people who
mean so much to me. People with whom I have shared so much. For many, many
years, we have stood together, defying conventional “wisdom” governing the
way we execute our collective responsibilities. Against all odds, our
positive impact has been indisputable. Few in our industry havechosen to
relate to their audience with the style, humanity and lofty ideals to which
we have aspired. I am grateful that our employers, first Dan Lee at Diamond
Broadcasting, then Westinghouse, CBS, Infinity, and, of course, CBS,
appreciated and supported our efforts and acknowledged our successes. The
inspirational leadership that they provided us has made this all possible.
And has enabled us to have so much fun in the process! It would be
impossible to summarize all the thoughts and memories that are racing
through my mind right now. Luckily, I’ll soon have plenty of time to start
writing my memoirs while I can still remember all the names, places, and
punchlines that have given me so much pleasure – or at least adrenaline —
for so long. Honestly, I never imagined I would be here for even three
years – let alone three dozen! But I wouldn’t have had it any other way.
I’ve chosen to keep this brief, because, like I said, I’m a few years
behind schedule. Before closing, I want to express my profound gratitude
and abundant respect for XRT listeners, colleagues, clients,
co-conspirators, all the immensely talented artists we’ve discovered and
supported, and even our competitors, who certainly helped elevate our game
if we ever lacked motivation. (Though I don’t believe we ever did.) In some
ways, I still like to think we made it up as we went along, with mutual
support from the people of Chicago and each other. With honesty, humility,
and humor. So proud to have been a part of this station and this great
city! Wishing you happiness and good health in the future. Thanks, Norm
Original Report 1/13: After 36 years as Program Director of CBS AAA 93.1
WXRT Chicago, Norm Winer is transitioning to a new role at the station.
Robert Feder reports that Winer has been named Director WXRT Music
Initiatives Special Programming. In his new role Winer will be responsible
for maintaining his industry relationships, discovering new artists and
producing live events for the station. WXRT will not fill the now vacant
Program Director position. Mitch Rosen, the Operations Director of WXRT and
sister Sports 670 The Score WSCR will handle the administrative end along
with marketing and promotions, while Music Director Kelly Ransford will
also oversee on-air imaging.