Old March 27th 16, 02:59 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Saturday 26 March 2016

RadioInsight

All-Macarena Stunt Launches New Nashville Translator

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...le-translator/

The Cromwell Group launched 93.3 W227DC Nashville TN with a non-stop loop
of Los Del Rios Macarena. The former 96.1 W241BU Charleston IL is now
paired with 830 WQZQ Goodlettsville via the AM Revitalization Waiver. The
translator is operating with 250w/243m from the WSMV-TV tower just west of
Nashville. As we reported in the 3/14 Daily Domains, Cromwell has
registered multiple domains pointing to a Classic Hits format for
WQZQ/W227DC once the Macarena stunt is done. WQZQ had been carrying the
Sports 94.9 The Game 2 programming that continues on 94.9 W235BW
Nashville/102.9 WBUZ-HD3. “Macarena” all the time is what will be playing
on the new Nashville FM 93.3 as Cromwell Radio Group performs engineering
tests for its fifth format entering the Nashville, Tennessee Market. The
tests began at noon March 25th. “This is the culmination of a 13 year
project” said Bayard Walters, President of Cromwell. “It all began in 2003
when the FCC initiated rules to permit Metro FM signals and then later
issued rules pairing them with AM stations”. Cromwell is pairing 93.3 with
its WQZQ AM830 licensed to Goodlettsville, Tennessee. The 93.3 frequency
was approved by the FCC in February 2016. Construction was completed this
week with the antenna more than 700 feet up the WSMV Channel 4 tower.
Studios are on Murfreesboro Road just south of the airport along with
Cromwell’s 102.9 The BUZZ, 102.5 The GAME, 94.9 GAME2, and 102.1 The LIGHT.
Cromwell also operates 23 other stations in Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky.
“We’re proud of what we do and we try to “build up, not tear down” and be a
community asset”, said Walters. “We’ll have more information about 93.3’s
musical format, but for now we hope folks will ‘check in’, hear the
Macarena, and set their ‘pre-set’”

David Moore Named KSLX Phoenix Program Director

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...gram-director/

David Moore is exiting his position as Operations Manager for Entercom
Madison to join Hubbard Classic Rock 100.7 KSLX Scottsdale/Phoenix as
Program Director. Moore had been with Entercom since September 2006 where
he oversaw Classic Hits 94.9 WOLX, Hot AC Mix 105.1 WMHX, and AAA 105.5
Triple M WMMM. He previously programmed WFYV Jacksonville and WOCT
Baltimore. He fills the position previously held by Jim Owen prior to his
exit in December. Hubbard Radio hires David Moore as Program Director of
Classic Rock KSLX-FM/Phoenix, effective in April. Previously, he served as
Operations Manager of Entercom/Madisons 3-station cluster there. Prior to
joining Entercom in September, 2006, Moore spent ten years as Program
Director of WFYV-FM/Jacksonville, joining from programming duties at
WOCT/Baltimore in 1996. Moore said, Programming KSLX for Hubbard, while
getting to work with Trip Reeb, Greg Solk and Greg Strassell is a
once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. It is a great station, a tremendous company
and I could not be more excited. Hubbard Phoenix VP/Market Manager Trip
Reeb commented, We talked to several talented people, but David impressed
us with his knowledge and passion. Hes a great fit for our Hubbard Phoenix
team.