Old May 4th 16, 11:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.info

Default [HR360] Ham Radio: an Introduction to SDR with KF7IJZ and KF5JNU

Ham Radio 360

Ham Radio: an Introduction to SDR with KF7IJZ and KF5JNU

http://hamradio360.com/index.php/2016/05/03/51/

Ham Radio 360: SDR (Software Defined Radio)

My Buddies Jeremy (KF7IJZ) and Gerald (KF5JNU) are back together and this
time theyre taking us into the waters of SDR (Software Defined Radio) for
the Amateur Radio Operator.

SDR Radio is loved by some, yet misunderstood by most!Â* Like anything new,
folks tend to steer clear thinking its too complex or expensive.Â* In this
show, Jeremy and Gerald break it down into digestible chunks that even Cale
can understand!Â* From the $20 RTL-SDR Dongle as shown above, to the top of
the line transceiver-the guys cover it ALL!

SDR# Screen Shot

Geralds go to SDR is the Airspy, and countless options are available for
the hobbyist at differing levels of complexity and cost.Â* Listen in and
determine where youd like to get started in SDR!

The ANANÂ* 100B HF+6 Transceiver by Apache Labs is not just a listening
device, it also is a Full-Power HF Transceiver!

I really appreciate Jeremy and Gerald coming by and priming the SDR Pump,
this has been a great launch for an Intensive Study on SDR!

Stay Tuned Folks, well be following this rabbit hole all the way to the
bottom!

Make sure to check out the links below!

73 Yall (See you in Dayton!)

K4CDN

GREAT Source for News and Information
http://www.rtl-sdr.com/

Hardware Receivers
RTL-SDR: Â*http://www.rtl-sdr.com/
Nooelec: Â*http://www.nooelec.com/store/
SDR Play: Â*http://www.sdrplay.com/
Air Spy:Â* https://airspy.com/airspy-mini/
HackRF One: Â*https://greatscottgadgets.com/hackrf/

GREAT discussion of the differences between SDRPlay, Airspy, and HackRF:
http://www.rtl-sdr.com/review-airspy...rsp-vs-hackrf/

Hardware HF Radios
Elad: Â*http://www.woodboxradio.com/
Apache-Labs: Â*https://apache-labs.com/
Flex Radio: Â*https://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/
Icom IC-7300:
http://icomamerica.com/en/products/a...0/default.aspx
Elecraft KX3:Â* http://www.elecraft.com/KX3/kx3.htm

Software
SDR#: Â*https://airspy.com/download/
SDR-Console: Â*http://sdr-radio.com/
GQRX: http://gqrx.dk/

Big List of
Softwa Â*http://www.rtl-sdr.com/big-list-rtl-...rted-software/

Cool Things To Do
Track Airplanes using ADS-B:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Trac...SDR-and-ADS-B/
Cheap Digital Scanner:
https://www.jeffreykopcak.com/2014/1...r-and-dsdplus/
http://www.rtl-sdr.com/rtl-sdr-radio...-p25-with-dsd/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wShO...ature=youtu.be

APRS: Â*http://www.rtl-sdr.com/monitoring-aprs-rtl-sdr/
D-Star: Â*http://www.rtl-sdr.com/listening-d-s...voice-dsd-1-7/

TAPR: Â*https://www.tapr.org/

Visit our Show Sponsor MTC Radio to see the ICOM IC7300 today!
the IC 7300

For Ham Radio 360 Gear, make sure to click on our Shopping Link at the top
of the page!

This posting includes a media file:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/amateurradio15/51final.mp3