Old June 19th 16, 05:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #1270

SB DX @ WW KB8NW $OPDX.1270
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin No. 1270

The Ohio/Penn DX PacketCluster
DX Bulletin No. 1270
BID: $OPDX.1270
June 20, 2016
Editor Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW
Provided by BARF80.ORG (Cleveland, Ohio)
Written/Sent From Strongsville, Oh

Thanks to the Northern Ohio Amateur Radio Society, Northern Ohio DX
Association, Ohio/Penn PacketCluster Network, AB5K & the AR TelNet Clusters
Network, K1XN & GoList, NJ1Q & W1AW, NG3K & ADXO, W3AWU, W3UR & The Daily
DX, N4AA & QRZ DX, W4FC, W4VQ, W6SZN, WB6RSE, K8GI, K8YSE, W8GEX & 60m DX
News, 9M2PJU, DF2WO, DL1SBF, DL7UXG & The DX News Letter, DxCoffee.com,
DXNews.com, DX-World.Net, ES1CW, F5CWU, F6AJA & Les Nouvelles DX, I1JQJ/
IK1ADH & 425 DX News, I2MQP & DX Italia News, IZ8IYX, OZ6OM & 50 MHz DX
News, RSGB IOTA Web Site, Sixitalia Weekly, VA3RJ & ICPO, VE2BR, VE2EBK
and VHF-DX-Portal (MMMonVHF) for the following DX information.

DXCC COUNTRY/ENTITY REPORT: According to the AR-Cluster Network for the
week of Sunday, 12th/June, through Sunday, 19th/June there were 210
countries active. Countries available: 3A, 3B8, 3B9, 3D2, 3DA, 3V, 3W, 3X,
4J, 4L, 4O, 4S, 4X, 5A, 5B, 5H, 5R, 5T, 5W, 5X, 5Z, 6W, 6Y, 7P, 7X, 8P,
8R, 9A, 9G, 9H, 9J, 9K, 9M2, 9M6, 9N, 9Q, 9V, 9Y, A2, A3, A4, A6, A7, A9,
AP, BV, BY, C3, C5, C9, CE, CE9, CM, CN, CP, CT, CT3, CU, CX, D2, D4, DL,
DU, E4, E5/s, E7, EA, EA6, EA8, EA9, EI, EK, EL, EP, ER, ES, EU, EX, EY,
EZ, F, FG, FJ, FK, FM, FO, FP, FR, FS, FW, FY, G, GD, GI, GJ, GM, GU, GW,
H4, HA, HB, HB0, HC, HH, HI, HK, HL, HP, HR, HS, HV, HZ, I, IS, J2, J3,
J5, J6, JA, JD/o, JT, JY, K, KG4, KH0, KH2, KH6, KL, KP2, KP4, LA, LU, LX,
LY, LZ, OA, OD, OE, OH, OH0, OK, OM, ON, OX, OY, OZ, P2, P4, PA, PJ2, PJ7,
PY, PZ, S0, S2, S5, SM, SP, SU, SV, SV/a, SV5, SV9, T7, T8, TA, TF, TG,
TI, TJ, TK, TR, TY, UA, UA2, UA9, UK, UN, UR, V3, V4, V5, V8, VE, VK,
VP2E, VP2V, VP9, VR, VU, XE, YA, YB, YI, YL, YN, YO, YS, YU, YV, Z2, Z3,
ZA, ZB, ZD7, ZD8, ZF, ZL, ZP, ZS

* PLEASE NOTE: The report "could" contain "Pirate/SLIM" operations or
more likely a "BUSTED CALLSIGN". As always, you never know - "Work
First Worry Later".

60 METERS ACTIVITY (Provided by W8GEX & 60m DX News). These are stations
that were active or made a SWL spot on the DX Watch Cluster Network:
9K2YM, EA4BDJ, G3KEV, G3SES, GM4WSB/B, LA0NK, LA1DHA, LA9IX, OZ3K and
TF1EIN

6V, SENEGAL (IOTA Op). A team of Italian operators will be active as
6V1IS from Ngor and Gorée Islands (AF-045), Senegal, between November
6-16th. This is a Humanitarian DXpedition. Activity will be on various
HF bands and modes. Operators and Team members mentioned are Leopoldo/
I8LWL (Organizer), Alfredo/IK7JWX (Team leader/QSL Manager), Ampelia/
IS0AGY, Christian/IS0BWM, Loredana/IS0FFR, Patrick/IS0FQK, Simon/IZ7ATN,
Vincenzo/IZ8FRH, Enzo/IZ8LFI and Michele/IW7EGQ. Log will be available
on ClubLog. The operation does have a FaceBook page at:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1707060236221730

8Q, MALDIVES (Reminder). Wolfgang, DK1HW, will be active as 8Q7HW from
Safari Island Resort on Mushimasgali Island (AS-013) between June 20-28th.
Activity will be holiday style on the HF bands using CW, SSB and PSK31,
and running 100 watts into verticals in the seawater. QSL via DK1HW.

8Q, MALDIVES. James, 9V1YC, is currently active as 8Q7YC from Dharavandhoo
Island, Baa Atoll, Maldives (AS-013) until June 21st. Activity is on various
HF bands. QSL via W5UE.

9A, CROATIA (IOTA Op). Adrian, YO4HHP, will be active as 9A/YO4HHP from
Cres Island (EU-136) during the RSGB IOTA Contest (July 30-31st) as a
Single-Op/Mixed-Mode/12-Hrs/DXpedition entry. Activity will be on 20/15/10
meters. QSL via YO4HHP.

BCA PRESS RELEASE (Best Communication Award 2015). [edited] DxCoffee and
the DXUniversity assign the 2015 Best Communication Award to K1N, Navassa
-- The 2015 Best Communication Award is assigned to K1N, the DxPedition
to Navassa, that took place in February 2015.
This Dxpedition deserved our recognition for having captived the ham
community in the difficult task to activate this very rare entity after
many years' attempts. The Dxpedition's website, www.navassadx.com, got
us involved in many details. Just see the amount of daily updates during
the operation's days, with directions and advices to increase one's chances
of a QSO. We have appreciated a lot the several pictures and especially
the video, made with a GoPro camera, mounted on Jerry WB9Z's head.
Not just the website, also social media played a role, with an excellent
use of Facebook (a lot of news and pictures) and some Tweets.
In addition to the proper award, we have once again considered a few
"special mentions" for those Dxpeditions who have stand out as far as
communication is concerned. These special mentions will be announced
shortly on these pages.
The Best Communication Award, rules:
http://www.dxcoffee.com/eng/communication-award/

http://www.dxcoffee.com/eng/wp-conte...ee_commaward.j
pg

Fabrizio IU0BMP -- Award Manager

CY9C ST. PAUL ISLAND DXPEDITION (Update, dated June 18th). Randy, N0TG,
reports: The countdown is on; just 60 days ‘til activation. Procurement
of final materials and supplies is in process and being shipped to team
member K8LEE – Wayne. Wayne and Jay-K4ZLE will rent a cargo van for trans-
port of most of the gear to our staging area in Canada departing their
homes around 12 August. Phil, VA3QR, will be driving to the staging area
with the generators and several other items. And, lastly Murray, WA4DAN,
will also drive to Dingwall, Canada, with several yagi’s. Other team
members will be flying.
The team is excited and looking forward to a very inclusive operation,
i.e, satellite, 2 meter EME, RTTY, CW, SSB. We also have plans to include
working Tech and General Class. We appreciate the visits to our website
and those who have taken the “NEED SURVEY”. We are gearing up to assure
we meet the band and mode needs expressed, as well as, concentrating on
successful contacts on the long and difficult propagation paths to various
locations in Oceania, Japan, India, Asiatic Russia, western USA and VE,
etc.
Our thanks for the financial support; that helps greatly on the upfront
cost of the dxpedition. Website: http://www.CY9DXpedition.com

D4, CAPE VERDE. By the time you read this, Harald, DF2WO, will once again
be active as D44TWO from Praia, Santiago Island (AF-005) until July 13th.
Activity will be holiday style on 40-10 meters using CW, SSB and the
Digital modes. He states that he works mostly on the Digital modes (PSK31,
JT65 and RTTY) and slow CW. Equipment is a FT-450D into a home-made HEX
BEAM and a dipole for 40 meters. QSL via M0OXO (OQRS available).

D6, DOMOROS. Operators Pavel/OK1FPS, David/OK6DJ, Pavel/OK1GK, Ruda/OK2ZA
and Petr/OK1BOA will be active as D66D from Comoro Islands (AF-007) between
mid-September and begin-October (September 18-30th). Activity will be on
160-10 meters using CW, SSB and RTTY. Antenna/radio setup is 3x Elecraft
K3, 2x PA, Antennas 2 x Spiderbeam including WARC, 1x vertical 40/30m,
1 vertical 160/80m + special RX antenna for low bands. QSL via OK6DJ,
LoTW or eQSL. For more details and update, see:
http://www.cdxp.cz/?page_idQ2

FJ, ST. BARTHELEMY (Reminder). Operators Dave/W9DR and Tom/W9AEB are
now active as FJ/W9DR and FJ/W9AEB from Saint Barthelemy Island (NA-146,
DIFO FJ-001, WLOTA 0377) until June 29th. Look for W9DR as FJ/W9DR on 6
meters only (50.115 MHz), CW/SSB with a 6m Beacon (50.115.7 MHz). Look
for W9AEB as FJ/W9AEB on 40-10 meters CW/SSB. QSL via their home callsigns.

I0/S53R GOING SILENT. Robert, I0/S53R, posted on the FOC mail reflector,
"I am off from I0 tomorrow (June 14th) to a land that is very high on the
most wanted list (within 10%), but as you can imagine licensing is a
problem. Hence, I0/S53R is off the air for the next two years. Wonder
if I should give in my FOC credentials... I will have a fairly strict
schedule, meaning 4 weeks in and 1-2 weeks out so I may pop up occasion-
ally. Of course some contest activities from other countries are being
planned so see you on the bands."

IOTA NEWS..............
AS-070. Members of the Russian Robinson Club (RRC) will be active as
R70ASIA from Gusmp Island between July 29th and August 2nd.
Operators mentioned are Vasily/R7AA and Yuri/R2DG. Activity
will be on 40-10 meters using CW and SSB. Their activity will
also include the RSGB IOTA Contest (July 30-31st). The team
is looking for funds. QSL via R7AA or OQRS.

EU-076. Martin, DL5RMH, is now active as LA/DL5RMH from Lofoten Island
until June 25th. Activity will be holiday style on various HF
bands using CW and SSB. QSL via his home callsign, direct, by
the Bureau or LoTW.

EU-076. Ad, PB3A, is now active as LA/PB3A/p from Lofoten Island until
June 25th. Activity will be on 80-10 meters using CW and SSB.
He plans to activate one or more SOTA references. QSL via PB3A,
direct or by the Bureau.

EU-102. Operators Vladimir/RV1CC and Mike/UA1QV will be active as
RV1CC/P and UA1QV/P, respectively from Kashin Island between
June 23-27th. They will also use the Russian St. Petersburg
University club callsign -- RC1M/p. Activity will be on 40-15
meters with a focus on NA, OC and Far-East. QSL via operator's
home callsign.

EU-120. Operators 2E0HDG, Bryant/G3NVB, Colin/G4GBP, Andy/G4JNT,
Brian/G0UKB, Liz/M0ACL, Rhodri/M0RHO and M1ENU will be active
as G0IVR/p from Lundy Island between July 27th and August 1st.
Their activities will include the RSGB IOTA Contest (July
30-31st). For more details and updates, see:
http://www.g4gbp.co.uk/lundy2016.html

EU-127. Operators Axel/DB1WA, Marc/DL1MRD, Joe/DM4DL and Christoph/
DM5HF will be active as DR0F from Neuwerk Island between July
28th and August 1st. QSL via DM4DL by the Bureau.

NA-035. Dan, HR2DMR, is once again active as HQ8S from Swans Island
until about June 30th. Activity will be limited to his spare
time (there working) on 80-10 meters using CW and SSB. QSL
via KD4POJ.

NA-067. Operators Nathan/N4YDU and Keith/W4KAZ will be active as K4C
from Core Banks Island, NC, between July 29-31st. Activity
will include the RSGB IOTA Contest (July 30-31st) as a Multi-
Single/High-Power entry. QSL via N4YDU, direct or LoTW.

NA-128. The NA128 Contest Group will be active again this year as XL2I
(Multi-Single) from Ile-aux-Coudres, Quebec, Canada, between
July 28th and July 31st for the RSGB IOTA Contest. QSL via
VE2CQ and LoTW few days after the contest. For more details
and updates, see: http://qsl.net/na128cg

NA-134. Al, F6ACH, will be active as OX/F6ACH from Uummannaq Island
between July 21-27th. Activity will be on 20-10 meters using
SSB. QSL via his home callsign, direct, by the Bureau or eQSL.

SA-045. Operators Daniel/PT7BI, Roberto/PT2GTI, Nicolas/PT7MM, PQ8UA
and Regis/PY2POL will be active as ZY8M from Maraca Island
between July 12-17th. Activity will be on various HF bands
using CW and SSB. QSL via PT7BI.

SA-069. Members of the Chilean DXpedition team will once again be active
as XR1T from Santa Maria Island during the RSGB IOTA Contest
(July 30-31st) as a Multi-Single/All-Band/DXpedition entry.
Activity will be on all bands using CW and SSB. Operators
mentioned are Domingo/CE1DY, Erik/CE1OEB, Marco/CE1TBN, Pablo/
CE1BF, Marco/CE1TBN, Dercel/CE3KHZ, Cristian/CE3PDF, Luis/
CD1LEW and Julio/CE3OP. QSL via CE3OP (see QRZ.com).

SA-072. (Update) Operators Ronaldo/PS8RV, Anselmo/PS8AB, Joăo/PS8PY,
Fernando/PU8PSF and Natan/PU8RZB will be active as ZY8D from
Canarias Island (DIB-MA03) between July 29-31st. Activity will
be on 40/20/15/10 meters using SSB and 100 watts. Operations
will also include the RSGB IOTA Contest (July 30-31st). QSL
via PS8RV direct.

SA-100. Operators Nando/IT9YRE and Claudio/I1SNW were expected to be
active as CE1/IT9YRE and CE1/I1SNW from Pajaros Rocks (Huaira)
this past week (June 14-18th), but had to postpone their
operation due to bad sea conditions.

J2, DJIBOUTI. Jean-Philippe, F1TMY, will be active as J28PJ from Djibouti
starting September 1st, for the next 3-5 years. Activity will be on the
HF bands and 6 meters. QSL via F1TMY.

J6, ST. LUCIA. Steve, NY3B, will be active as J6/NY3B from St. Lucia
between June 22nd and July 4th. Activity will be on 40/20/15 meters
using CW and SSB. QSL via LoTW.

KL7, ALASKA (IOTA Op). John, KG4FJC, will be active as KG4FJC/KL7 from
Adak Island (NA-039), Alaska, between August 30-31st. Activity will be
on 40 and 20 meters using mostly SSB with some CW. Operations will be
with 100w into PAC-12 antenna. QSL via his home callsign, direct or LoTW
after his return.

OY, FAROE ISLANDS. Roger, SM7RYR, will be active as OY/SM7RYR from Faroe
Islands (EU-018) between June 19-27th. Activity will be holiday style on
20-10 meters using CW only. His equipment will be a KX3 with 10 watts
into a ground plane (GP). QSL via LoTW or direct to his home callsign
with 2 USDs and an SAE. NO Bureau.

P5, NORTH KOREA. Earlier in the week Dom, 3Z9DX, has received confirmation
from the North Korean government to make a return trip to P5 and operate
amateur radio with equipment for up to 5 days. The dates of activity are
not yet known, but he will receive a very short notice. When Dom receives
the short notice, he will have just a few days beforehand to gather his
luggage and radio equipment for his stay in P5 land. Dom was told that
this would be a single band SSB only operation (possibly on 20/15/10m).
ADDED NOTE: Also, read the article on the ARRL Web page at:
http://www.arrl.org/news/polish-dxer...eturn-to-north
-korea-on-a-moment-s-notice

PROPAGATION FORECAST/REPORT (June 19-25th)....
Jun/19th AN Jun/22nd AN Jun/24th HN
Jun/20th AN Jun/23rd AN Jun/25th AN
Jun/21st AN

SOLAR REFERENCE KEYS/INDEXES AND GEOMAGNETIC REFERENCE
˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙
˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙ NORMALITY GEOMAG K Values Alpha
----------------- ------ -------- ------
AN - Above Normal Quiet K˙1 0-7
HN - High Normal Unsettled K˙ 8-15
LN - Low Normal Active K˙ 16-29
BN - Below Normal Minor Storm K˙ 30-49
DIS - Disturbed Major Storm K˙ 50-99
VRY DIS - Very Disturbed Severe Storm K˙9 100-400

REALTIME BAND CONDITIONS WEB SITE http://www.bandconditions.com:
The purpose of this experimental Web site is to provide 24-7-365 actual
(REALTIME) band condition information to CW QRPp, QRPe and CW/SSB for
Contesters interested in increasing their scores. It can also be of
benefit to other Radio Amateurs to determine band conditions for Nets
and casual QSO's. This information is NOT based on any software pre-
dictions or any kind of satellite based readings. It is based on a
new Ionospheric sounding method called "HF Ionospheric Interferometry"
which operates very similarly to the PolSAR system used by NASA.

Also, check out the VOACAP predication Web page at:
http://www.voacap.com/prediction.html

QSL INFO AND NEWS.....................
QSL-INFO from DB0SDX (June 19th) www.qslinfo.eu
3Z0MCI via SQ9MCI GB2OWM via GM3IBU OM4X via OM4SX
3Z0MK via SP7PZS GB90QB via GB90QB (L) ON25CRD via ON4CRD
4JF1BAKU via 4J4K GB90QBD via M0KRI OT4S via ON8SI
4JF1EU via 4J3DJ H44LG via JE1LGY OZ/DL1DAQ via DL1DAQ
5Q7DX via PA7JWC HB9/IW2OBX/P via IW2OBX P3X via 5B4AMM
5W0COW via KC0W HF06PSH via SP6TGI R15EURO via RQ7L
9A701CRJ via 9A1CRJ HF16URSA via SP5PPK R20CSKR via RD2D
B7M via BG7LHY HF25ZIR via SP3ZIR R60KZI via R5EO
CR5U via CR7AJL HF35PBW via SP1DPA R80GYR via RC3M
D44TWO via M0OXO HG0HEXV via HA5GY RT73HL via RL5G (d)
DA200FGK via DL2JES HG2DX via HA8DM SK3W via SM5DJZ
DL/HB9FIH via HB9FIH HP3/VY2SS via AC2OV SM7/DJ2RG via DJ2RG
DL0MFM via DF7PM ID9/IK3ITV via IK3ITV SN16UM via SP5PPK
DL50MUC via DF2NU II3WW via IQ3BM SP/VE4EA via VE4EA (d/L)
DL800JE via DK4WA IO1DCI via IK1GPG SP9/DJ7ZO via DJ7ZO
DP5V via DL5DSB IS0/I4WCK via I4WCK SV/PB5T via PB5T (d/L)
DR160TESLA via DK8ZZ J42OSE via SZ2T (SV-B/d) SV8/OE2LCM/P via OE2LCM
DR777RI via DL8OBQ JT5DX via JT1CO T88AN via EB7DX
E20AX via E21EIC & (L) K5A via K5DB (d) TA2/DL2JRM via DL2JRM
E7C via E77AR KH0R/KH2 via JE6DND TI3/N8JAJ via N8JAJ (d
TI-Adr)
EA6/DK5IR via DK5IR KP2/N5PV via N5PV & (L) TM16EFC via F8ATS
EE5M via EA5GF LA/DL5RMH via DL5RMH TM2C via F8BON
EH4MCG via EA4DCU LX8RTTY via LX1DA TM8FDA via F4KJP
EI1916E via EI3GC LX8SAR via DK4XC W3H via K6ZO
EM0I via UT2IZ MD2C via MD0CCE YB8O via YB8RW
EM25S via UW8SM MM/DL9FBF via DL9FBF YP0C via YO3CZW
ES0/DL5CW via DL5CW OE/OH6MCZ/P via OH6MCZ YR8V via YO8CT
ES0UG via DL3BQA OE2016EM via OE6HLF YT5C via YU7BPQ
EX9T via EX8MLE OG3077F via OH3JF Z3A via Z30A
FJ/W9AEB via W9AEB OH/HB9CPD via HB9CPD ZA/HA2SG via HA2SG
GB100DSC via G7OCK OL1B via OK1FMJ ZM1A via ZL3CW (d)
GB2MOF via GM4UYZ OM41KYSUCE via OM3CND
(e) eQSL only (d) direct only (B) Bureau only (*-B) DX's- Bureau
(O) OQRS only (C) ClubLog only (L) LoTW only

ET7L QSL STATUS. Gary, US0LW, QSL Manager for ET7L, reports [edited]:
"On June 13th, I received cards from the printing house. Now I sent
80% of paper requests and the termination will be on Monday. On Tuesday,
I will begin to process OQRS. LoTW: We sent documents to ARRL for DXCC.
After that we will get access to LoTW. We expect.... 73"

FT4JA QSL STATUS. Flo, F5CWU, QSL Manager for FT4JA, reported, "We just
received the cards this week from the printer and we just started to
proceed the QSL. Once processed, the QSL with special envelopes will
be sent using the French Overseas Territories post office. This is a
bit longer than classic post office service, but it is part of our agree-
ment with French administration. You’ll received the special envelope
FT4JA with special stamps and the QSL. I think the QSL will come in July.
Sorry for the delay. 73...."

QSLS RECEIVED VIA LoTW: 8K2RA, E73Y, JA7XBG, SV1EBV, TG9ADO, TG9AJR,
TG9ANF, SA5K, VP8BTU, XR0YS and XW1IC

QSLS RECEIVED VIA MAIL: 9M2AX, E44YL, EP2A, UE40SA, VK0EK, VP8STI and
XU7AKC

QSLS RECEIVED VIA THE BUREAU: NONE REPORTED THIS WEEK!!!

SILENT KEY. It was reported tha Rizal, 9M2RDX, became a Silent Key (SK)
on June 12th. Piju, 9M2PJU, informs OPDX, "He was a good guy, very down
to earth humble, passionated with ham radio, especially on HF operations.
Active scouts leader, teacher and instructors to many including his work-
mates in hospital. He also was a good and motivated QSL manager for 9M2SE.
I will be missing him after this." OPDX and its readers would like to send
out our deepest sympathy to 9M2RDX's family and friends.

V7, MARSHALL ISLANDS. By the time you read this Randy, WW6RG, should be
active V73/WW6RG from Kwajalein Atoll (OC-028) in the Marshall Islands
between June 20-22nd. Activity will be on 40/20/15 meters using SSB.
QSL via his home callsign.

VP2E, ANGUILLA. Operators Henri/OH3JR and Seppo/OH1VR will be active
from Anguilla between November 21st and December 1st. Callsigns will
be announced later. Activity will be on 160-10 meters using CW, SSB
and RTTY. They plan to be an entry in the CQWW DX CW Contest (November
26-27th). QSL cards will only be direct CBA.

XT, BURKINA FASO. Harald, DF2WO, will once again be active as XT2AW from
Ouagadougou sometime in/between October/November. Activity will be holiday
style on 40-10 meters using CW, SSB and the Digital modes. He states that
he works mostly on the Digital modes (PSK31, JT65 and RTTY) and slow CW.
Equipment is a FT-450D into a home-made HEX BEAM and a dipole for 40
meters. QSL via M0OXO, direct or OQRS http://www.m0oxo.com/oqrs/.

XW, LAOS. Bruce, 3W3B (HS0ZCY/XU7ADF/XW1B/AA4XR), who lives in Da Nang,
will once again be active as XW4XR from Vientiane between June 30th and
July 12th. Activity will be on 40-10 meters. He informed OPDX several
weeks ago, "I will be active as much as possible on CW and, mainly, RTTY
and JT65 as there seems to be more of a demand on digital." QSL via
E21EIC and LoTW.

YASME NEWS (Press Release dated June 15th). THE YASME FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES
GRANTS TO SUPPORT YOUTH INVOLVEMENT IN AMATEUR RADIO -- The Board of
Directors of the Yasme Foundation is pleased to announce three grants in
furtherance of Yasme's goal of encouraging youth participation in amateur
radio and operating activities. The Yasme Foundation encourages amateurs
to support activities that promote amateur radio and result in new licensees
around the world.
The sixth edition of the Youngsters on the Air (YOTA) conference will
take place in July 2016 in Wagrain, Austria www.ham-yota.com. Over 100
young amateurs from all IARU regions will gather in the Austrian Alps to
participate in a series of programs and workshops about amateur radio as
well as inter-cultural exchanges and social interaction. Gatherings such
as YOTA exemplify the ability of amateurs to work together across national
borders and ethnicities in the best "ham spirit" of friendship. The Yasme
Board is pleased to assist in helping young amateurs attend this meeting
that otherwise would be unable to attend.

1. Amateur Radio Association of the Republic of Kosovo (SHRAK)

The Yasme grant will enable two youth amateur radio operators from Kosovo
to attend the YOTA conference. This will be the first time these amateurs
will have travelled outside their home country. SHRAK was recently
admitted to the IARU as a member society, an additional step toward
enabling Kosovo to be added to the ARRL DXCC entity list.

2. Ethiopian Amateur Radio Society (EARS)

Two youth operators from EARS will also be attending the YOTA conference.
This extends Yasme’s support of the ET3AA station and the previous grant
enabling travel by EARS members to participate in the 2016 ARI Inter-
national DX Contest from Estonia. EARS member participation furthers
amateur radio activity from eastern Africa and encourages interest in
amateur radio by other African youth.

3. North American Participants

Three young amateurs from the United States will also attend the YOTA
meeting with the assistance of the Yasme grant and a similar grant from
the Northern California DX Foundation. As invited members of IARU in
ITU Region 2, it is the hope of both Boards that they will return with
ideas for extending the successes of YOTA to young North American
amateurs.

* * * * *

The Yasme Foundation is a not-for-profit corporation organized to support
scientific and educational projects related to amateur radio, including
DXing (long distance communication) and the introduction and promotion
of amateur radio in developing countries. For additional information
about The Yasme Foundation, visit our website at www.yasme.org.

Ward Silver, N0AX, President
The Yasme Foundation

Board of Directors: Ward Silver, N0AX, President and Director
Fred Laun, K3ZO, Director and Vice-President
Rusty Epps, W6OAT, Director and Treasurer
Kip Edwards, W6SZN, Director and Secretary
Hans Blondeel Timmerman, PB2T, Director
Ken Claerbout, K4ZW, Director
Martti Laine, OH2BH, Director
Bob Vallio, W6RGG, Director

ZONE 2 (Update). A team of nine members of the VE2UMS Amateur Radio Club
will put four stations on the air from "North of 50" CQ zone 2, between
July 25th and August 1st. Their DXpedition will use the special callsign
VC2Q. Operators mentioned are Normand/VA2NQ, Gabriel/VA2QA, Jacques/VE2CYJ,
Vittorio/VE2HAY, Serge/VE2HLS, Julian/VE2AWW, Mike/VE2OV, Normand/VE2GKL
and Jacques/VE2ESM. QSLs will be issued for every QSO. Activity will be
on all bands, 160-6 meters, including 30/17/12 meters, and one 60 meter
channel if conditions are favorable. Operations will be CW, SSB and the
Digital modes. There are more details on QRZ.com.

ZL7, CHATHAM ISLAND (Update). Haru, JA1XGI, will be active as ZL7/W1XGI
(not ZL7/JA1XGI as first announced) from Chatham Islands (OC-038) between
November 24th and December 1st. Activity will probably be on 160-10 meters,
including the 30/17/12m bands, using mainly CW with some RTTY, JT65 and
PSK. Equipment is an IC-7300 into two different verticals. He also plans
to be in the CQWW DX CW Contest (November 26-27th). QSL via JA1XGI, direct,
by the Bureau or LoTW. For more details and updates, watch:
http://island.geocities.jp/chathamholiday

-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙--˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-
TO BE ADDED TO THE OPDX MAILING LIST -- Click or send requests to:
Help: mailto Subscribe: mailto Unsubscribe: mailto OPDX WORLD-WIDE WEB HOME PAGE (provided by John, K8YSE):
http://www.papays.com/opdx.html
ALSO VISIT THE NORTHERN OHIO DX ASSOCIATION'S WEB PAGES AT:
http://www.nodxa.org/
http://www.facebook.com/NorthernOhioDxAssociation
-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙--˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-
* All excerpts and distribution of "The OPDX Bulletin" are granted as
long as KB8NW/OPDX/BARF80 receives credit.

** To contribute DX info, please send via InterNet Mail to:
OR OR
Information can now be faxed to the following phone line at:
1-419-828-7791 (F A X only!)
/EXIT

Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW - E-mail addresses:

Editor of the Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin (OPDX - DXer's Tool of Excellence)
President of the "Northern Ohio DX Association" (NODXA)
DX Chairman for the "Northern Ohio Amateur Radio Society
ARRL Assistant Director of the Great Lakes Division
Sysop of the "Basic Amateur Radio Frequency BBS" (BARF80.ORG)