Old September 6th 16, 06:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.info

Default QRZ Forums - Amateur Radio News for Tuesday 6 September 2016

Amateur Radio News

Ham Radio 360: Satellite Ops with KO4MA *AMSAT*

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...-amsat.536705/

Listen Link Here

Ive often wondered about Ham Radio Satellite Operations. I knew where to
look and what to read, but I kept myself from it, because I wanted to learn
about it with you here on the show!

I became acquainted with Andrew Glasbrenner KO4MA through our FB page, and
watched from afar his dealings with Ham Radio Satellite Ops, and AMSAT.
Andrew and I began conversing...

Ham Radio 360: Satellite Ops with KO4MA *AMSAT*

ICQPodcast Episode 219 - Trouble with Mobile Antennas Released

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...leased.536537/

In this episode, Martin M1MRB / W9ICQ is joined by Martin Rothwell M0SGL,
Dan Romanchik KB6NU and Matthew Nassau M0NJX to discuss the latest Amateur
/ Ham Radio news. Colin M6BOY rounds up the news in brief, and this
episodes feature is Trouble with Mobile Antennas

News stories include:-

FO-29 20th Birthday
NIST’s Rolling Wireless Net Helps Improve First-Responder Communications
18th World ARDF Championship
Illegal GPS Sea Buoys on 10m
UK Amateur Radio Club 50...

ICQPodcast Episode 219 - Trouble with Mobile Antennas Released

NEW QRZ Forum: QRZ Stickers Around The World

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...-world.410362/

Last week, Fred Lloyd was interviewed on Ham Nation with Bob Heil. Fred
shared the news that QRZ is now producing "Good on QRZ" stickers. QRZ
stickers are available to anyone who sends us a business sized, self
addressed, stamped envelope here at QRZ. Your first sticker is free and if
you would like us to send additional stickers wed be happy to do so for $1
per additional sticker. The stickers are 4x6 inches and need an envelope
that is at least 4 inches tall. Otherwise, well...

NEW QRZ Forum: QRZ Stickers Around The World

Amateur Radio Roundtable's Guest this week is K7JA

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...s-k7ja.536565/

View attachment 317961

On Tuesday, W5KUBs Amateur Radio Roundtable, our guest will be Chip
Margelli, K7JA. Chip is known to many of our viewers from his renowned
appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, in which Chip and his partner
demonstrated the superior efficiency of CW as compared to text messaging. A
ham for over fifty years, Chips early interest in DXing turned into a
devotion to contest operating, where he has accomplished a number of
world...

Amateur Radio Roundtables Guest this week is K7JA