Old September 15th 16, 01:49 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Wednesday 14 September 2016

RadioInsight

Rahny Taylor Returns to Milwaukee For Mornings At 97.3 Now

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...n-air-changes/

As expected since the station dropped Elvis Duran last month, iHeartMedia
CHR 97.3 Now WRNW Milwaukee is bringing Rahny Taylor back to the market for
mornings.

Taylor previously spent a decade at Entercom CHR 103.7 Kiss-FM WXSS as
APD/MD/Morning Co-Host before moving to Sacramento as APD/MD of Educational
Media Foundations Air 1 and K-Love. The Rahny Taylor Morning Show will
debut on Thursday, September 15 and air from 5-10am.

97-3 NOW, Milwaukee’s No. 1 For All the Hits, announced today that Rahny
Taylor will return to the Milwaukee airwaves with The Rahny Taylor Morning
Show, beginning September 15. The Rahny Taylor Morning Show will broadcast
weekdays from 5 – 10 a.m.

“We’re so excited to welcome Rahny Taylor back home. Rahny had huge success
driving people to work for over a decade and we could not be more thrilled
to have him waking up Milwaukee on 97-3 NOW each weekday!” said Brett
Andrews, Program Director for 97.3 NOW. “I’m so stoked to team back up with
Rahny to make great radio for our city.”

Taylor has been part of the Milwaukee community for over 13 years.
Previously he served as the Assistant Program Director, Music Director and
on-air personality for K-Love and Air1. He has also worked as the Assistant
Program Director, Music Director and morning show personality for 103.7
KISS-FM, as well as the Production Director and on-air personality for
101.3 KDWB in Minneapolis, MN.

“I really want to thank all the wonderful people and ministry of K-Love and
Air1 and Randy Chase,” said Taylor. “I am so humbled and excited, not only
to be coming home to Milwaukee, but to join 97-3 NOW and the iHeartMedia
family! My thanks to Tony Coles, Jeff Tyler and Colleen Valkoun, Kerry
Wolfe, and Brett Andrews.”

97-3 NOW is a leading media outlet in the Milwaukee market and its
programming and content are available across multiple platforms, including
its broadcast stations; online via its branded digital sites; mobile; and
social, with nationwide listening through iHeartRadio, the all-in-one
digital music and live streaming radio service. Visit 97-3 NOW online at
http://973now.iheart.com to learn more about The Rahny Taylor Morning Show.

The complete on-air line-up for 97-3 NOW is:

• The Rahny Taylor Morning Show 5am-10am

• Fay Fernandez 10am-3pm

• Brett Andrews 3pm-6pm

• Brady 6pm-10pm

• Aaron Rogers 10pm-3am

Original Report 8/29: iHeartMedia CHR 97.3 Now WRNW Milwaukee is shaking up
its on-air lineup.

The Elvis Duran Show is gone from mornings and the station is currently
running jockless in mornings. A promotional banner on the stations website
is teasing Hes Coming Home. A since deleted post on Christian Radio news
site CMBOnline, states that Rahny Taylor submitted his resignation as APD
of EMFs K-Love and Air 1 and afternoon host at the latter to return closer
to home. Taylor previously spent a decade at Entercom CHR 103.7 Kiss-FM
WXSS as APD/MD/Morning Co-Host.

Fay Fernandez is now holding down the midday shift from 10am-3pm. Fay is
based at sister CHR Y100 WHYI Miami. Program Director Brett Andrews moves
up an hour to air from 3-6pm with 103.5 Kiss-FM WKSC Chicago afternoon host
Brady hosting 6-10pm at WRNW. Aaron Rogers, afternoon host at sister Z104
WZEE Madison, moves from 9am-12pm to 10pm-1am. Shannen O remains in
overnights.

Integr8 Research: Why Country Isnt CHR

http://www.integr8research.com/blog/...untry-isnt-chr

Al Payne Bounces To 105.1 Detroit

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...105-1-detroit/

Greater Media (soon to be Beasley) Classic Hip-Hop 105.1 The Bounce WMGC
Detroit has named Al Payne as its first Program Director.

Payne comes to Detroit from Louisville where he spent the last five months
as Director of Urban Programming for Alpha Media. He has also served as
Operations Manager of Radio-One Baltimore and VP/Operations for the Russ
Parr Morning Show. It is a return to the Detroit market for Payne as he
also served as OM/PD of Radio-Ones Hot 102.7 WHTD and Kiss 105.9 WDMK in
2007/2008.

WMGC made history be debuting in first place with an 8.0 share in its first
full PPM monthly up from 0.7 in its final full month as Detroit Sports
105.1.

Greater Media announces Al Payne has been named as the new program director
at 105.1 The BOUNCE/Detroit’s Throwback Hip Hop and RB station. He will
officially begin his new position on Monday, September 19, 2016.

Payne most recently served as the Director of Urban Programming at Alpha
Media’s WGHL, WGZB and WMJM in Louisville, KY. Previous to that, he worked
as the Operations Manager of Radio One’s WERQ, WWIN, WOLB and WLIF-HD2 in
Baltimore, Maryland. In addition, the radio veteran was the Program
Director/Operations VP of the Russ Parr Morning Show and worked in a
programming capacity for stations in Detroit, Richmond, Dallas, Greensboro
and Raleigh Durham.

“We are thrilled to welcome Al as the new program director at 105.1 THE
BOUNCE in the Motor City,” said Steve Chessare, Vice President and Market
Manager of Greater Media Detroit.” His experience and vision is exactly
what we need to take the station to the next level and beyond.”

“We are excited to have Al Payne join our new Detroit brand 105.1 THE
BOUNCE, said Greater Media Senior Vice President of Program Development
Buzz Knight. “Having someone of his caliber join our already strong team
sends a signal to the market of our commitment to excellence.”

“I am so blessed and happy to be returning to the D for another run,” said
Payne. “This city has so much pride, heritage and passion! I’m humbled to
be chosen to program their dynamic new brand, 105.1 THE BOUNCE, which is
and will remain all about everything Detroit. You can feel the energy when
you walk into their beautiful facility. There’s something SPECIAL
happening between those walls. I can’t wait! Thanks to Buzz Knight, Steve
Chessare and ALL of the Greater Media family for this incredible
opportunity.”

WMGC-FM is owned by Greater Boston Radio, Inc., a subsidiary of Greater
Media, Inc., the parent company of 21AM and FM radio stations in the
Boston, Charlotte, Detroit, New Jersey and Philadelphia markets. It also
owns a group of weekly newspapers in central New Jersey as well as several
telecommunications towers located throughout the United States.

Tias Schuster Named iHeart Norfolk SVP/Programming

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...vpprogramming/

Tias Schuster is returning to Norfolk VA as Senior Vice President of
Programming for iHeartMedia.

Schuster, who previously programmed Entercom Rhythmic CHR Z104 104.5 WNVZ
from from 2007-2012, returns to the market from Rochester NY where he
programmed Hot AC 100.5 The Drive WDVI and CHR Kiss 106.7 WKGS for iHeart.
Schuster has also programmed Entercom CHRs B93.7 WFBC-FM Greenville SC and
98.5 WKRZ Wilkes-Barre PA during his career.

In Norfolk he will oversee iHeartMedias four station cluster while serving
as day-to-day Program Director of CHR Now 105 105.3 WNOH and Rhythmic AC
Movin 107.7 WMOV-FM. Just like Zac Davis in Richmond, Schuster fills the
spot vacated by AJs move to St. Louis in July.

iHeartMedia has announced that Tias Schuster has been named Senior Vice
President of Programming for Norfolk, effective immediately. iHeartMedia
Norfolk has a strong cross-platform presence and includes a number of
iconic brands and franchises – both broadcast and digital – including 103
Jamz, 92.1 The Beat, Now 105, and Movin’ 107.7.

Schuster will program Top 40 station Now 105 and Adult Contemporary station
Movin’ 107.7 as well as oversee programming for Urban station 103 Jamz and
92.1 THE BEAT, which plays throwbacks, Hip Hop and RB. Schuster will report
to Derrick Martin, Market President for iHeartMedia Norfolk.

“I am very excited to bring Tias back to the market as our Senior Vice
President of Programming for iHeartMedia Norfolk,” said Martin. “His
promotion is a result of hard work and dedication as a programmer. I have
full confidence our market will strive under his leadership.”

“In a very short time iHeartMedia has shown me such great opportunity,”
said Schuster. “I am honored, excited and highly motivated to return to
Hampton Roads as the Market SVPP. I look forward to working with my new
partners Derrick Martin and Jeff Wyatt and accomplishing new high levels of
revenue and ratings with these already successful brands. I also want to
give a special thank you to Rick Green, Meg Stevens, Bob Morgan, Rich
Lauber and A.J. for their guidance and talents.”

Schuster previously served as Program Director and on-air personality for
iHeartMedia Rochester’s KISS 106.7 and 100.5 The Drive, where he helped
launch 100.5 The Drive as a mainstream Hot AC station and premiered new
morning shows on both stations. He also spent five years as Program
Director, Digital Content Coordinator and afternoon on-air personality for
WNVZ-FM in Norfolk. In addition, Schuster served as Program Director and
on-air personality at WKRZ-FM in Wilkes-Barre, PA and Operations Manager
and midday host at WFBC-FM and WSPA-FM in Greenville, SC. During his
tenure, WFBC-FM was a 2013 NAB Marconi Radio Award nominee for CHR station
of the year. Schuster began his radio career in 1998 as station mascot
Buzzy The Bee for WFBC-FM and is a graduate of the University of South
Carolina Upstate in Spartanburg, SC.