Old September 28th 16, 06:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.info

Default [HR360] Ham Radio: Workbench - 7 Matt Berggren/ Autodesk & PCB Design

Ham Radio 360

Ham Radio: Workbench - 7 Matt Berggren/ Autodesk & PCB Design

http://hamradio360.com/index.php/201...sk-pcb-design/

Today on the workbench, we interview Matt Berggren of Autodesk-he is
responsible for Eagle PCB tools, Autodesk Circuits, and Tinkercad.
In the spirit of full disclosure, Autodesk is a sponsor of the Workbench.
When we first launched the Workbench we talked with the folks at Cadsoft
about working with us on the podcast and they were very positive because
they serve the electronic hobbyist market as well as the commercial market
and they thought it was a good idea.
Shortly after we launched Workbench, Autodesk bought Cadsoft and we thought
OK, what do the suits at Autodesk want to do now? Â*When we got to know Matt
who is in charge of this part of the company we could not have found a
better partner.Â* Things instantly clicked, and we are thinking of things we
can do together in the future.
At his roots, Matt is a HW engineer, programmer, and RF guy. While not a
ham radio operator himself, he grew up in a ham radio family.Â* He was a key
guy at Altium, and later at Supplyframe-the people who own Hackaday.com.Â*
Matts very wired into the electronic maker world which begs the question,
why arent you a ham? Maybe by the time we are done with him, maybe he will
be.

MTCRadio.com: Â*$239 for anniversary edition No Hotspot or Dongle
capability
http://www.mtcradio.com/id-51a-plus-...tion-in-white/

Digital Voice Access Points

DVMega: http://www.dvmega.auria.nl
DV4Mini: Â*http://wirelesshold.com/dv4mini.aspx
Internet Labs DVAP:
http://www.dvapdongle.com/DV_Access_...ngle/Home.html

Kenwood TH-D74 Manual is posted
http://manual.kenwood.com/files/B5A-1253-00.pdf
DStar QSO Party http://icomamerica.com/en/amateur/qs...y/default.aspx
DStar info: Â*http://www.dstarinfo.com
DStar Repeater Lists: Â*http://www.dstarinfo.com/RepeaterDownloads.aspx
RFinder H1: Â*http://www.androiddmr.com
Based on the Runbo H1
http://bigrugged.com/runbo-h1-a-gadg...nal-users.html

KF7IJZ finally published video on battery chemistry comparison w/ Bioenno
BLF-1208LB https://youtu.be/psjQ-FT6KY0Â*

LT3652 MPPT Solar Charge Controller Chip surface mount
http://www.linear.com/product/LT3652

This posting includes a media file:
http://media.blubrry.com/fo_time_the...adio15/wb7.mp3