Old October 27th 16, 12:19 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Wednesday 26 October 2016

RadioInsight

Listen: U2 Sings Farewell To Dublin Alt Rocker

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...in-alt-rocker/

As Alternative 105.2 TXFM Dublin signed-off today following the decision in
March to not renew its license, the station received a farewell jingle from
the nations biggest band.

TXFMs owners claimed the station, which was originally a pirate under the
name Phantom 105.2 until gaining a license in 2006 and then rebranding as
TXFM in 2014, was losing money and the Joint National Listenership Research
ratings in Ireland released on Tuesday shows the station had a 1.1% share
of the Dublin audience from 7am-7pm 15+ making it the least listened to
station in the region.

But when the biggest band in your country pays tribute to what you were
doing, you mustve been doing something right.

Buzz Knight Joins Beasley As VP/Programming

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...vpprogramming/

With Beasley Medias purchase of Greater Media set to close next week, Buzz
Knight will join the company as VP/Programming.

Knight has been with Beasley since 2002 most recently serving as SVP of
Program Development overseeing content and brand strategies for the
company. Prior to joining Greater Media he programmed Classic Rock 100.7
WZLX Boston, Rock FM 99 WNOR Norfolk, and QFM 96 WLVQ Columbus. Knight will
work under Justin Chase who was promoted to Executive Vice President of
Programming earlier today.

Beasley Media Group, Inc. a subsidiary of Beasley Broadcast Group, Inc.
(NASDAQ: BBGI) has named Buzz Knight as Vice President of Programming,
following the completion of, and contingent upon, Beasley Broadcast Group’s
previously announced acquisition of all of the outstanding stock of Greater
Media, Inc.

Buzz has served as Senior Vice President, Program Development for Greater
Media, where he has been responsible for overseeing content and brand
strategies for the company. He started his career with Greater Media in
2002.

Buzz currently serves on industry audience measurement advisory boards,
including: The Nielsen Audio Advisory Council, The National Association of
Broadcasting Committee on Local Audience Radio Audience Measurement
(COLRAM) and the Council for Research Excellence (CRE) where he serves as
chairman of the Audio Committee.

Buzz will replace Justin Chase, who has been elevated to Executive Vice
President of Programming for Beasley Media Group.

“I’ve long admired the great leadership of Justin Chase in his role with
Beasley and I look forward to being a part of the Beasley team.” Said Buzz.
“I am honored to follow Justin into this position and I’m incredibly
excited to begin a new chapter with Beasley Broadcast Group as the company
expands their portfolio of stations with the Greater Media acquisition.”

“Buzz has been in the leadership role at some of the Country’s most
successful and respected brands in radio and I’m delighted that Beasley
will have the benefit of his experience and talent,” said EVP of
Programming Justin Chase. “I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know Buzz
well over the last couple years, as we serve together on several industry
related committees and initiatives, and I found him to be incredibly
strategic and well suited for the Beasley company culture.”

Billboard: Live and Local Isn't Enough: Radio Personalities Have to Sound
That Way, Too

http://www.billboard.com/articles/bu...d-that-way-too

Chris Carlin & Ike Reese To Host Afternoons At WIP

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...rnoons-at-wip/

CBS Radio Sports 94.1 WIP Philadelphia will name Chris Carlin and Ike Reese
as its new afternoon team.

The New York Daily News reports that Carlin will join WIP from Sportsnet
New York where he has served in multiple roles including co-hosting the
networks SportsNight highlights program, Loudmouths debate show, and
previously pre and post-game shows for the networks New York Mets coverage.
He also has served as the radio play-by-play voice for Rutgers University
football since 2004 and did basketball from 2008 until the end of last
season. He also works part-time for SiriusXM and CBS 660/101.9 WFAN New
York. Prior to joining SNY, Carlin worked at WFAN as producer for Mike The
Mad Dog, morning sportscaster on Imus In The Morning and Boomer Carton,
and as weekend and fill-in host.

WIP announced last week that former Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Ike
Reese would move from middays back to afternoons. Reese has been with the
station since 2008 following the end of his playing career. He has hosted
nights, afternoons, and middays during his tenure at the station.

No official announcement or start date for the new afternoon team has been
released by WIP yet.

Beasley Promotes Justin Chase To EVP/Programming

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...vpprogramming/

Beasley Media has promoted Justin Chase to Executive Vice President of
Programming.

Chase has been with Beasley since 2009 first as Operations Manager for the
companys Las Vegas cluster and since 2013 as VP/Programming. Prior to
joining Beasley he worked for CBS Radio as Imaging Director and later
Program Director of Hot AC Mix 94.1 KMXB and Variety Hits 100.5 Jack-FM
KKJJ.

Beasley Media Group, Inc. a subsidiary of Beasley Broadcast Group, Inc.
(NASDAQ: BBGI) has promoted Justin Chase to Executive Vice President of
Programming.

Justin served as Vice President of Programming since 2013, after four years
of service as Operations Manager for Beasley Media Group’s radio stations
in Las Vegas.

“When I joined Beasley in 2009 as a Program Director in Las Vegas, I never
imagined that I would have been given the opportunity to serve this great
company at this level,” noted Justin. “Every day, I get to learn and work
with some of the finest Program Directors in the industry and the amazing
leadership team at the corporate office. I want to sincerely thank
Caroline Beasley, Bruce Beasley, Brian Beasley and of course, our founder
George Beasley for their confidence in me to lead the programming strategy
of this growing company.”

Justin represents Beasley Media Group on several industry boards,
including: the Media Ratings Council (MRC), the Nielsen Advisory Council,
and the Council for Research Excellence (CRE).

“We are absolutely thrilled and honored to announce Justin’s promotion. He
has a proven track record of strategically creating and evolving the
direction of our products, said Interim CEO Caroline Beasley. “We will
continue to benefit from Justins commitment to excellence in content, as
Beasley expands our reach and influence.

Lafayette TV Acquires Artistic Media's Lafayette IN Cluster

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...te-in-cluster/

Arthur Angotti IIs Artistic Media Partners has announced the sale of its
four stations in Lafayette IN to Lafayette TV, LLC for $2.3 million.

The Bill Christian and Mike Reed led Lafayette TV currently owns WPBI-LD TV
in the market which will soon launch as the markets NBC and Fox affiliates.
The deal with Artistic will give them Variety Hits 95.3 Bob-FM WBPE
Brookston, Your Country 95.7 WYCM Attica, CHR Z96.5 WAZY-FM Lafayette, and
Fox Sports 1410 WSHY Lafayette.

Following the sale Artistic will only retain 1620 WDND South Bend. Its two
stations in Bloomington IN are in the process of being spun-off to AI
Radio, which has 33.33% held each by Arthur Angotti II, his son Arthur
Angotti III, and Steven Isenberg.

This is to announce that a contract has been signed and an application is
being filed with the FCC for the transfer of radio stations WCYM-FM,
Attica; WBPE-FM, Brookston; WAZY-FM and WSHY-AM, Lafayette; all in Indiana,
from Artistic Media Partners, Inc. to Lafayette TV, LLC for $2,300,000.

The Seller, Artistic Media Partners, Inc., is an Indiana-based company
headed by Arthur Angotti II. Artistic Media also owns WDND-AM, South Bend,
IN. Arthur Angotti III said, “After 23 years of visiting and living in the
Lafayette market, it’s not easy letting our Lafayette stations go, but
having met with the owners of Lafayette TV, LLC, I am confident that they
will continue our commitment to broadcast excellence and the support of the
staff, the community, and continue the partnership with Purdue University!

I am very proud of the team of broadcast professionals and the 4 radio
stations we have built in Lafayette. Our continuing dedication to the
listener is what has made WAZY, BOB FM, Your Country and WSHY the vest best
radio stations in the market.” Art Angotti said, “Artistic Media is pleased
that Lafayette TV, LLC will purchase our radio group in Lafayette. This is
good for our clients, employees, and the community. This is a great
strategy for Lafayette TV, LLC with huge potential.”

The Buyer, Lafayette TV, LLC, is an Indiana-based company headed by Bill
Christian and Mike Reed. Lafayette TV’s CEO Bill Christian said, “We are
thrilled to be working with this great group of stations in a terrific,
growing area. The Angotti family has spent two generations building this
team and serving the market, and our goal is to continue their tradition of
proud service.” President Mike Reed noted, “Additionally, we are excited to
announce that we are launching the market’s first local Fox and NBC
television stations. We look forward to becoming a meaningful part of the
Lafayette community.”

WSHY-AM operates at 1410 kHz, with 1.0 kW day and 0.06 kW night.

WAZY-FM operates at 96.5 MHz, with 50 kW at 499 HAAT.

WBPE-FM operates at 95.3 MHz, with 2.3 kW at 505 HAAT.

WYCM-FM operates at 95.7 MHz, with 3.1 kW at 433 HAAT.

KALIL CO., INC. is the exclusive broker for this transaction.