Old February 25th 17, 10:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.info

Default QRZ Forums - Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors for Saturday 25 February 2017

Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors

Two piece solder-on N conectors; outer sleve locking up?

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...ing-up.556698/

I just encountered a huge problem with 2 connectors (same batch) from a
reputable source that froze up tight after a 4-6 connect/disconnects (being
used as patch cables). I have used these before (from a different source,
slightly different design) with no issue.

It seems as the outer sleeve where it contacts the inner barrel (not the
stinger assemble) ground itself up causing the excessive binding, finally
locking up almost completely. Have you ever heard of this happening??

This...

Two piece solder-on N conectors; outer sleve locking up?

Two Rigs, OneAntenna

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...ntenna.556472/

Any suggestions on switches/multiplexers for this type of setup? Legal
Limit TX + RX.

Obviously more antennas are planned; so perhaps some kind kind of selector
type multiplexer is ideal. Like I could connect Rig A to Antenna A or B,
and Rig B to the other antenna, transmitting and receiving on both rigs.
(Obviously not the same antenna with two rigs at the same time.)

I have two HF rigs, one (with more to come) antenna, one linear amp (which
could just work with one rig if required, but...

Two Rigs, OneAntenna

My home-brewed QRO STL for 10-20 meters is finally done!

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...y-done.491178/

My home-brewed small transmitting loop project is finally complete and
working FB. I originally decided to build one of these intriguing
antennas more than a year and a half ago but I attempted two other builds
that changed course in mid-stream and sort of got put way back on the back
burner; more details on those later.

About six months ago I took the plunge and shelled out almost $900 for a
well-made manual/hydraulic tubing roller so that I could construct a
perfectly circular loop with...

My home-brewed QRO STL for 10-20 meters is finally done!

Help Identifying Tower

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...-tower.556766/

I have several sections of tower that I bought about 25 years ago from the
widow of a friend of mine. I have been told that it was a from an FM radio
station that replaced it with a larger taller tower. It is bolted
construction and has steps on one face about 24 inches apart. Each
section is ten feet long and about 18 inches on each face. There are five
bolts in each leg per joint.

Does anybody know who manufactured this tower?

Best Receive Antenna

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...ntenna.556714/

I have an Icom IC-7300 and just ordered the RX7300 adapter to allow it to
swap back and forth between transmitting on my 3 element yagi and receiving
on whatever is hooked up to the receive antenna input. The receive antenna
will need an RCA connector on the end to work with the RX7300. Not sure how
that might change or not change the feed line situation.

The reason I am looking for this is that more people can hear me than I can
hear them. So, when I saw this new little gizmo, I knew that...

Best Receive Antenna

Getting a 6m Moxon in the air

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...he-air.556683/

What would be the easiest way to get a 6m moxon in the air?

I plan on getting a 6m moxon up for meteor-scatter and Es. My HF antenna is
a self supported vertical so this will be the first time mounting something
on a mast.

I have an Alliance HD-73 rotator I was planning to use at the base of the
mast.

What masts do people use for this purpose. What would be used for a base?

Just looking for some ideas and guidance.

Any problems wiring either a hairpin or coil match directly to the balun
output?

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...output.556682/

Just wanting to make sure there isnt anything negative about doing this...

I am builiding a wire yagi, and plan to run coax straight to a balun
mounted on the yagi. In fact, this balun will become the feedpoint of the
yagi. I will run a wire element from each screw of the balun.

I will also need to match this yagi, so is it ok to either hook a hairpin
match, or coil match, to these same two balun screws that the elements come
off of?

I have actually done this before, but never asked if...

Any problems wiring either a hairpin or coil match directly to the balun
output?

Converting TH6DXX to TH3

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...to-th3.556400/

Has anyone had experience or knowledge on the possibility of converting my
old TH6DXX to a TH3 (TH6 not aesthetically acceptable for the new QTH)
looking at the instruction manual for both antenna it appears the driven
elements are quite similar, however the reflector and director are totally
different, both having only one trap in the TH6DXX.

On face value I can seen no reason why extra 15M traps could be sourced and
included into the director and reflector with similar dimensions...

Converting TH6DXX to TH3