Old March 2nd 17, 11:37 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Thursday 2 March 2017

RadioInsight

Variety: iHeartMedia CEO Bob Pittmans Efforts May Not Be Enough to Avoid
Looming Bankruptcy

http://variety.com/2017/biz/features...ia-1201998074/

From RadioInsight

The post Variety: iHeartMedia CEO Bob Pittman’s Efforts May Not Be Enough
to Avoid Looming Bankruptcy appeared first on RadioInsight.

Daily Domains 3/2: Boss Coming Home To The Jersey Shore

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...-jersey-shore/

From RadioInsight

A change is imminent at Press Communications Hot AC Fun 107.1 WWZY Long
Branch and Soft Oldies 99.7 The Island WBHX Tuckerton NJ. The stations are
promoting a Huge Announcement for Friday, March 3 at 5:00pm

Also coming changes in Cape May NJ and Spokane WA.
This content is for Premium Annual and Premium Monthly members only. Visit
the site and log in/register to read.

The post Daily Domains 3/2: Boss Coming Home To The Jersey Shore appeared
first on RadioInsight.

KDEY Breaks KDAY Simulcast For Urban "Wild 93.5"

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/10...-getting-wild/

From RadioInsight

Nearly a year after we first reported on the domain registration, Meruelo
Media has broken apart the simulcast of Classic Hip-Hop 93.5 KDAY Rendondo
Beach and 93.5 KDEY-FM Ontario CA.

After a day of stunting with a loop of Guns N Roses Welcome To The Jungle,
KDEY flipped to Urban Wild 93.5 at 9:30am. Positioned as The IEs #1 For
Hip-Hop and RB, the new format goes up against iHeartMedia Rhythmic CHR
99.1 KGGI.

The Wild branding and Hip-Hop format was previously utilized in the
Riverside/San Bernardino market by what its now 96.1 KRQB San Jacinto from
2004-2007.

Update 3/23/2016: Meruelo has been granted an STA for 93.5 KDEY-FM Ontario
that partially gives away their plans.

KDEY-FM filed an STA to operate at reduced power starting tomorrow, March
24 through April 6 and to then go off-the-air from April 7 through 20 to
test different interference conditions between it and KDAY. Those tests
will help Mereulo determine the amount of interference that would be
created by breaking the simulcast between KDAY and KDEY-FM. That points to
Mereulo utilizing the Wild935.com assets on KDEY-FM, while retaining the
current Classic Hip-Hop on KDAY.

Original Report 3/17: Meruelo Media is prepping a change at Classic Hip-Hop
93.5 KDAY Redondo Beach/Los Angeles and/or simulcaster 93.5 KDEY-FM
Ontario/Riverside.

Merulo has registered Wild935.com and reserved social media accounts for
the brand. The domain was at one point registered by former KDAY GM Roy
Laughlin during its previous ownership by Magic Broadcasting and the
KDEY-FM side held the KWIE calls during its run as Rhythmic AC Flo 93.5
from 2007-2009.

Our expectation is that if both stations arent flipping to Rhythmic CHR
with the Wild identity, it will be just KDEY-FM doing so to continue the
attack on iHeartMedia Rhythmic CHR 99.1 KGGI started by All-Pro
Broadcastings flip of 103.9 KCXX to Rhythmic Hot AC Hot 103.9 KHTI at the
start of this year.

The post KDEY Breaks KDAY Simulcast For Urban Wild 93.5 appeared first on
RadioInsight.

Sean Ross: When It Comes To Smartphone Usage: Two Countries

http://rainnews.com/sean-ross-when-i...two-countries/

From RadioInsight

The post Sean Ross: When It Comes To Smartphone Usage: Two Countries
appeared first on RadioInsight.

Maryann Morgan Joins Joel Katz In Mornings At WMGQ

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...mornings-wmgq/

From RadioInsight

Beasley Media AC Magic 98.3 WMGQ New Brunswick NJ has promoted fill-in
host Maryann Morgan to morning co-host aside Joel Katz.

Morgan previously hosted nights at WMGQ in the 1990s, while Katz himself
recently returned to fulltime status at station to take the morning show
following the exit of Chris McCoy when Beasley closed on the purchase of
the station along with the rest of Greater Media.

Joel Katz just got a studio mate! He has invited Magic 98.3 show host
Maryann Morgan to be his co-host. Their morning show airs 5:30 a.m. – 10
a.m., Mondays through Fridays.

“We are so happy to be waking up Central Jersey every morning! Well, that
is… of course…excluding my Saturdays, my Sundays, my long weekends and my
vacation days! ” Joel said, with a smile. “This could be the best morning
show ever! Well, it’s not…but it could be!”

Maryann added, “This is definitely not my first love affair with Magic!
Back in the 1990’s, I was the host of Magic’s evening program called the
‘Call-in, Love and Dedication’ show! Now, I am getting the chance to work
with Joel in the early mornings. So, this is a big change, but you
definitely will find out exactly how much we enjoy working with each other.”

Joel and Maryann are busy creating their own, unique morning vibe, with
humor and positive energy! Their daily Impossible Questions, Entertainment
Updates, and constant, compelling topics generate plenty of phone calls and
interest.

“I have been pushing for this for a long time and it’s finally here. We
just love Joel and Maryann in the Morning! I can’t think of a better pair
than those two!” said Program Director Debbie Mazella. “It’s a positive,
family-friendly and upbeat show that is already on its way to taking the
station to new heights. If you listen, you’ll hear what I mean!”

The post Maryann Morgan Joins Joel Katz In Mornings At WMGQ appeared first
on RadioInsight.

Saga Launches "92.7 C-Ville Country" Charlottesville

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...arlottesville/

From RadioInsight

Saga Communications began operating 92.7 Nash Icon WUVA Charlottesville VA
ahead of its $1.65 million acquisition of the station from University of
Virginias WUVA Inc.

Saga has relaunched the station as 92.7 C-Ville Country and new WCVL call
letters will take effect when the sale closes. The station retains its
1990s through now Country format without the Cumulus Nash Icon programming
attached to it. Lisa Allen, afternoon host at soon-to-be sister AC Z95.1
WQMZ, adds Brand Manager duties for the new Country outlet.

The post Saga Launches 92.7 C-Ville Country Charlottesville appeared first
on RadioInsight.

University of Washington: UW engineers turn everyday objects into FM radio
stations

http://www.washington.edu/news/2017/...adio-stations/

From RadioInsight

The post University of Washington: UW engineers turn everyday objects into
FM radio stations appeared first on RadioInsight.

Townsquare Launches K102.5 Kalamazoo

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...2-5-kalamazoo/

From RadioInsight

Townsquare Media has flipped Kalamazoo Country 102.5 W273AR Paw Paw/103.3
WKFR-HD2 Battle Creek MI to Classic Hits K102.5.

The move gives Kalamazoo an in-market Classic Hits station to go up against
Forum Communications rimshot Cool 101 100.9 WQXC-FM Allegan. W273AR had a
0.9 share of the Kalamazoo market in the Fall 2016 Nielsen ratings down
from a 1.7 in the Spring and as high as a 2.9 in Fall 2014.

The post Townsquare Launches K102.5 Kalamazoo appeared first on
RadioInsight.

WRTV: WZZY Reports Zombie Attack & Disease Outbreak After Hack

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/l...county-indiana

From RadioInsight

The post WRTV: WZZY Reports Zombie Attack Disease Outbreak After Hack
appeared first on RadioInsight.

WKNL Returns To Classic Hits

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...-classic-hits/

From RadioInsight

Hall Communications has flipped Hot AC 100.9 Roxy-FM WKNL New London CT
back to Classic Hits.

Now billed as 100.9 K-Hits, the flip returns the station to the format it
ran until 2012 as Kool 101. The airstaff remains in place with the format
change.

The post WKNL Returns To Classic Hits appeared first on RadioInsight.