Old March 5th 17, 06:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.info

Default QRZ Forums - Amateur Radio News for Sunday 5 March 2017

Amateur Radio News

Foundations of Amateur Radio - Episode 90

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...ode-90.556681/

View attachment 351703

The Spirit of Amateur Radio

A recurring theme is that in the "yea good ol days of yore" Amateurs got
real licenses and today anyone can get one in the back of a cornflake box.
What with the demise of Morse, those pesky multiple-choice questions
instead of a written exam, these new Amateurs really are not contributing
to the hobby and really should be told in no uncertain terms that their
pursuit of the hobby is meaningless until such time as they...

Foundations of Amateur Radio - Episode 90

Announcing D-STAR Live! Your D-STAR Questions Answered

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...swered.557189/

Announcing D-STAR Live! Your D-STAR Questions Answered

D-STAR Live will present some of the experts in D-STAR for a panel
discussion on various aspects of the D-STAR ecosystem. We will be accepting
questions from the audience, both in-person and from the Internet

A few of the areas that we plan to have discussions about a

Setting up a brand-new radio

Updating / Programming your radio

Kenwood TH-D74 D-STAR Radio...

Announcing D-STAR Live! Your D-STAR Questions Answered

Foundations of Amateur Radio - Episode 91

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...ode-91.557705/

View attachment 353630

"If theyre shooting at you - you know youre doing something right!" -
keyboard warriors are happy to attack, but rarely provide any contribution
of note, other than to point out spelling errors and explain how theyve
been wounded by something you said.

Clearly they are a loud minority in this hobby, but what of it for the rest
of us. How can you enjoy this hobby and ignore those taking pot-shots
because the only achievement in their live was to pass their...

Foundations of Amateur Radio - Episode 91

VK6WIA - NewsWest, 5 March 2017

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...h-2017.557704/

View attachment 353629

WIA Election Special

This is a special broadcast for the VK Amateur Radio Community about the
Wireless Institute of Australia Board Election which is currently under
way. You should have received your voting pack by now, if not, contact the
WIA office urgently on weekdays between 6am until noon WST to ensure your
vote counts.

Well be sharing contributions from the candidates, explaining how the proxy
voting system works and how you can make...

VK6WIA - NewsWest, 5 March 2017

Building a Motorhome Ham Station From Scratch - K6UDA Radio Episode 45

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...ode-45.557648/

In the midst of packing for my DXpedition / SCUBA dive trip to San Salvador
Island, I felt the need to start a series on designing and building a
portable ham radio station in a motorhome. Since mine was already done, We
bought a new motorhome so I can start all over again. Also, wanna make a
QSO with me on DXpedition? Watch this episode.

View attachment 353555