Old March 26th 17, 12:27 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default [VARC] Club Championship

Verulam Amateur Radio Club

Club Championship

http://www.verulam-arc.org.uk/posts/club-championship/

Visit

Contests

Page

Introduction

The Club Championship is an RSGB run contest that operates for six months
from February until July, with three contests each month covering SSB
(voice), CW (morse) and Data modes. This is a contest where multiple
operators can submit their entry on behalf of the club, and all their
scores are brought together in the national rankings. Our club station runs
with the call sign G3V, and we look to encourage members who dont have the
facility at home or want to run a well equipped station to get on the air
and join in the fun.

In the table above you can see our active members and the time of writing
we are running in 7th place in the UK rankings.

Latest Update

March the 23rd saw the SSB leg of the Club Championships taking place, and
VARC had a good turn out of six operators on that night. Out of 209 logs
our highest scorer was Alex (M0UKR) who came in in 9th position over all.
Role of honour for this contest:

Call
QSOs

Alex (M0UKR)
176

John (G4KZD)
135

Peter (G3V G0OIK)
112

Nigel (G0RPM)
71

Jeremy (M0VGB)
58

Norman (G8ATO)
32

The monthly Club Championship league table has been published and we the
VARC team hold onto our position running in in 7th place. If you can join
us in some of these contests over the coming months, then we have a good
chance of improving our position in the table.

Dates for your diary, next month the contests a

Date
Contest

CW
Monday 3rd April 2017

SSB
Wednesday 12th April 2017

Data
Thursday 24th April 2017

All contests are on 80m from 20.00 to 21.30 local time. We look forward to
you joining us in with these contests and helping us improve our score. If
you need any help preparing or want to help run the G3V station, then
please contact Peter (G0OIK),

Tweet

The post Club Championship appeared first on Verulam Amateur Radio Club.