Old October 26th 17, 08:12 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.info

Default [S&DWS] First YL Full License Pass at Sheffield Wireless

Sheffield & District Wireless Society

First YL Full License Pass at Sheffield Wireless

http://sheffieldwireless.org/2017/10...ield-wireless/

Wed really like to pass on our huge congratulations to Jayne Severn,
2E0SVN, who has become the first YL member of Sheffield Wireless to gain a
full licence during the Societys most recent history. The result, she got
95% for the full exam with just 3 questions wrong. Yup! Just three!

An excellent achievement, but being much of a modest individual, Jayne
complained that she did the mock advanced exam at the back of the exam
secrets book and claimed to either have no understanding of potential
dividers and leading/lagging waveforms at all, and categorically stating
questions 11 & 14 must be wrong, but then realised she read the question
wrong

Not to be beaten, in a day before the full exam, her last attempt on
Hamtests was 93%, but of course modestly speaking, theres a lot of
repetition from one mock to the next, so she said she decided to take that
with a big pinch of salt and continue with lots of revision along with more
RSGB mocks.

In passing the exam she said, I had no idea how though, but by the end I
thought Id get 45/62 right or thereabouts. After the first 20 minutes (the
10 licence condition questions), I was just hoping it would get easier, but
no, it was really difficult all the way Difficult, what with 95% Pull the
other one Jayne

Given that she only gained her 2E0 earlier this year, our huge
congratulations are in order; youve made us all proud at Sheffield Wireless!