Old January 11th 19, 10:49 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] Hartzell Joins Jordin Silver In Mornings At KRBZ

RadioInsight

Hartzell Joins Jordin Silver In Mornings At KRBZ

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...nings-at-krbz/

Entercom Alternative 96.5 The Buzz KRBZ Kansas City has completed the
revision of their morning show.

Hartzell Gray moves from nights to join Jordin Silver as ‘Danny Boi’
Terreros and producer Mark Van Sickle exit. Terreros and Van Sickle were
holdovers from the previous morning show hosted by Afentra until her exit
last July. Silver joined KRBZ in September to create the new Jordin Silver
Friends.

The post Hartzell Joins Jordin Silver In Mornings At KRBZ appeared first on
RadioInsight.

KIRO-FM & KTTH Make Lineup Changes

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...ineup-changes/

Bonneville News/Talk 97.3 KIRO-FM Tacoma/Seattle has dropped the Ron Don
Show and is adding a new program hosted by Candy Harper, Mike Lewis and
Todd Herman in the 3-7pm daypart starting Monday, January 14.

Candy Harper most recently served as Ron Dons producer. Mike Lewis has
served as a reporter and fill-in host at KIRO-FM and Todd Herman moves over
from afternoons at co-owned Conservative Talk 770 The Truth KTTH.

Over At KTTH, morning host Jason Rantz will move to afternoons. Saul Spady,
a local Conservative activist, will take over mornings.

Ron Upshaw and Don ONeill had been with KIRO since 2005 first hosting late
nights before moving to afternoons the following year. They have also
hosted mornings at CHR 104.7 KZZP Phoenix and worked at Hot Talkers 100.7
The Buzz KQBZ Seattle and Live 105.3 KYNG Dallas.

A special thanks to the Ron and Don Nation after all these years!
pic.twitter.com/iFxXVfJoCl

- Ron and Don (@RonandDon) January 11, 2019

Bonneville News/Talk 97.3 KIRO-FM Seattle adds a new weekday afternoon
program to its lineup. The Candy, Mike and Todd Show, hosted by Candy
Harper, Mike Lewis and Todd Herman, will debut on Monday, January 14 from
3-7pm. Harper most recently served as the stations afternoon producer,
while Lewis has worked at KIRO as a reporter and fill-in host since 2016.
Herman has been the afternoon host on sister KTTH-AM since 2015 and a
fill-in host on KIRO.

This is an exciting moment in the continuing evolution of KIRO Radio, said
VP/Market Manager Dave Pridemore. We feel that Candy, Mike and Todd will
bring a variety of fun, entertaining and diverse perspectives that best
represent the communities that KIRO Radio serves.

Weve put together what we feel is a winning team, said KIRO Director of
News and Programming Ryan Maguire. Candy, Mike and Todd are a fun,
entertaining and intelligent trio. They will be a perfect complement to the
news, traffic and weather elements that KIRO Radio listeners expect every
weekday afternoon.

I cant wait to get started, said Harper. Mike, Todd and I are three
opinionated friends who may disagree on almost everything but love to talk
about why. Turns out, people are quite capable of disagreeing on issues and
still being decent human beings. This show is going to be unique.

This is a great opportunity and Im excited to work with Candy and Todd,
added Lewis. Listeners can expect a show that is authentic, relatable and
well-informed. Hopefully, we can provide listeners with something that
makes their commute home a little more enjoyable.

This job is a dream come true for me, admitted Herman. One of my goals in
life is to be a force for bringing people together and to lend a genuine,
conservative point of view to major media. I feel this show will truly do
that. Candy, Mike, and I view life very differently. If you dont want to
live in a bubble, youll enjoy what the three of us have to say.

-

KTTH-AM Seattle announced a revamped lineup for its conservative commute.
The Saul Spady Show will air weekday mornings from 6-9am, a new addition to
the Bonneville Tak outlets lineup. The Jason Rantz Show headlines weekday
afternoons from 3-6pm and the syndicated Ben Shapiro Show expands to
weeknights from 6-9pm.

The Conservative Commute has never been more fresh and dynamic, said
VP/Market Manager Dave Pridemore. Between Rantz, Medved and the addition of
Spady, were positioned to continue to be the regions most dominant and
local conservative station.

Spady is very active in local politics, most recently leading a grassroots
effort to repeal Seattles Amazon head tax. An accomplished small
businessman and lifelong Washingtonian, Spadys family is very well known to
the region, his grandfather the founder of the iconic Dicks Drive-In. He is
passionate about helping people tell their stories and establish a
millennial voice in Washington state.

Im excited for this opportunity to create a new type of conservative talk
radio show in mornings that gives a 21st century perspective both locally
and nationally, said Spady. I hope to connect with listeners both new old,
transplant local alike in our quest to create a rational opposition to the
rudderless leadership we have in Seattle Olympia.

Rantz moves to afternoon drive after handling mornings for over a year. Hes
appeared on FOX News, NBC Nightly News, KIRO, KING and KOMO television and
in The Seattle Times. His blog has become the most-viewed on
MyNorthwest.com.

Im excited to take over afternoon drive and continue tackling the stories
that impact everyones daily lives, Rantz said. From homelessness and the
opioid epidemic, to the war on cars and demonization of cops, there are a
lot of issues we need to shine a light on or champion, and I look forward
to continuing the conversations in the afternoon.

The post KIRO-FM KTTH Make Lineup Changes appeared first on RadioInsight.

KSED Counting Down To Monday

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...own-to-monday/

Stone Canyon Media Group Country KOLT Country 107.5 KSED Sedona/Flagstaff
AZ is stunting with a robotic voice counting down to Monday, January 14 at
6:00am.

While this stunt has been done by stations across the country for decades,
it has seemed to have struck a nerve leading to the Flagstaff Police
Department having to make a public statement due to the the number of calls
it has received regarding the stunting, which began this past Monday.

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if
(d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src = 'https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v3.2';
fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,
fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));

The Flagstaff Police Department has been receiving many calls on a
marketing campaign being conducted by Kolt Country,

Posted by Flagstaff Police Department on Thursday, January 10, 2019

KSED is one of two Country outlets in the unrated Flagstaff market along
with Great Circle Medias 92.9 KAFF-FM. It is unknown at this point whether
the stunting is leading to a revamp of the brand or an outright format
change.

Stone Canyon Media Group, led by former Cherry Creek Media CEO Joe
Schwartz, Withers Broadcasting President Dana Withers, and former Emmis
Senior Vice President John Beck acquired KSED and its three sister stations
in September 2018 from Grenax II Broadcasting.

The post KSED Counting Down To Monday appeared first on RadioInsight.

Throwback Tampa Bay Preparing New Format

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...ng-new-format/

iHeartMedia Classic Hip-Hop “Throwback Tampa Bay” 94.5 W233AV Gulfport/99.1
W256CT Bayonet Point/105.9 W290BJ West Tampa/WMTX-HD2 Tampa FL will debut a
new format on Monday, January 14.

The station is running sweepers redirecting listeners to co-owned Urban
95.7 The Beat WBTP and promoting additional throwbacks being added to the
Beats playlist.

iHeartMedia launched the Classic Hip-Hop format on the translators in
December 2016. At the time WBTP was second in the market with a 6.3 share,
however in the December 2018 Nielsen Audio ratings it had dropped to
sixteenth with a 3.2. The Throwback format held a 0.9 share in the December
monthly.

The post Throwback Tampa Bay Preparing New Format appeared first on
RadioInsight.