Old March 9th 19, 12:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.space,uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.info

Default [AMSAT-UK] ICSEDS 434 MHz balloon launch

AMSAT-UK

ICSEDS 434 MHz balloon launch

https://amsat-uk.org/2019/03/08/icse...alloon-launch/

GPS module with Guitar wire antenna and HC12 module credit ICSEDS

Medad Rufus reports two balloons with 434 MHz transmitters built by
Imperial College Students for the Exploration and Development of Space
(ICSEDS) will launch from Wormwood Scrubs, London on Saturday, March 9.

On the UK High Altitude Society reflector Medad posted:

This is a launch announcement for the launch of ICSPACE6 & 7 from Wormwood
Scrubs, London, UK. We have had some success with the launches of our
previous pico balloons and we hope it works 100% this time.

The hardware is nearly identical to the previous launch; only software
changes made. The winds are expected to take it towards the
Netherlands/Belgium and further east into Germany.

Here is the information about the balloons to be launched tomorrow:

Callsign: ICSPACE6

RTTY: 434.600 MHz USB

50 baud 745 Hz shift ASCII-8 no parity 2 stop bits

Launch time aim: 10:40 am on March 9

Transmits 10 pips before transmitting message. 30s gap between each
transmission

Callsign: ICSPACE7

RTTY: 434.250 MHz USB

50 baud 745 Hz shift ASCII-8 no parity 2 stop bits

Launch time aim: 11:40 am on March 9

Transmits 10 pips before transmitting message. 30s gap between each
transmission when below 3000m. Above 3000m, it will transmit with a gap of
60 seconds.

We appreciate all listeners for our flights. I hope this flight goes well.

Here is information about the launch of ICSPACE4 & 5 four weeks ago.

https://www.union.ic.ac.uk/guilds/ic...e-netherlands/

Source UKHAS Groups IO
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ukha...Q/473DfDsiBgAJ

Real-time balloon track can be seen at https://tracker.habhub.org/