Old January 20th 21, 05:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.policy,oma.general,nebr.misc,rec.radio.info

Default If you hear bad things

Dave and I have been asked who hams should contact if they hear illegal
or questionable use of ham radio frequencies. The answer is the ARRL
Volunteer Monitors. The VMs are trained and equipped to handle these
problems.

The ARRL has updated the main website to provide the latest information
on what to do. Here's the link:
http://www.arrl.org/volunteer-monitor-program

This is one of those times when it is probably good to avoid
confrontation. Ham radio doesn't need bad publicity either because of
misuse of our bands or an altercation involving hams.

If you have questions, comments, or suggestions, Dave and I are here to
listen. Here's our contact information:

Art Zygielbaum, K0AIZ, Midwest Division Director, ,
402-421-0840.
Dave Propper, K2DP, Midwest Division Vice Director,
,
314-225-5167.

73, Art K0AIZ

ARRL Midwest Division