Old February 22nd 21, 11:17 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] Morning Jubal-ee For Power 96.1 Atlanta

RadioInsight

Morning Jubal-ee For Power 96.1 Atlanta

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-96-1-atlanta/

iHeartMedia CHR Power 96.1 WWPW Atlanta has completed the revamp of its
on-air lineup with the addition of The Jubal Show for mornings.

Atlanta becomes the largest market for the Hits 106.1 KBKS Seattle based
Jubal Show since its debut last August and entry into syndication in
October. His previous show, Brooke Jubal never aired in Atlanta.

The addition of The Jubal Show finalizes the complete overhaul of the
stations on-air lineup. Following the exits of morning hosts PK Denise
Kalentzis and APD/MD/afternoon host Ryan Maddox in the companys November
layoffs, the station has imported three new local talents from other
markets. Z104.3 WZFT Baltimore night host Shelby Sos joined the station as
9-11am host and will be the local producer/co-host for the Jubal Show.
Channel 93.3 KHTS-FM San Diego night host Ethan Cole moved to Atlanta to
host afternoons, while former Z107.7 KSLZ St. Louis morning co-host/mixer
MiKeith Teague is hosting nights.

Power 96.1, Atlanta’s #1 Hit Music Station, announced today that “The
Jubal Show” will join the station’s morning drive lineup, effective
immediately. The show will broadcast weekdays from 5 – 9 a.m., kickstarting
the all new Power 96.1 lineup.

Jubal is a marquee talent with a track record of driving ratings and
revenue both locally and nationally. His nationally syndicated show,
co-hosted by his wife Alex Fresh and English Evan, is known to listeners
for its humor and fun and is unafraid to tackle the topical world we live
in. In The Jubal Show, nothing is sacred, and nothing is off-limits.
Fan-favorite segments include: Dirty Little Secret, Jubals Phone Prank,
First Date Follow Up, War of the Roses, and more.

Full Programming Lineup:

The Jubal Show 5 – 9 a.m.

SOS 9 – 11 a.m.

Ryan Seacrest 11 – 2 p.m.

Ethan Cole 2 – 7 p.m.

MiKeith 7 – 12 a.m.

John Clayton Joins 104.3 The Fan Denver

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...he-fan-denver/

After quickly exiting and returning to Bonneville Sports 710 ESPN KIRO
Seattle last November, John Clayton is adding duties at co-owned 104.3 The
Fan KKFN Longmont/Denver.

Clayton will join KKFN as their Senior Broncos Writer for DenverFan.com and
regular on-air contributor to discuss his columns. He will continue to make
daily appearances on the morning and afternoon shows at KIRO along with
hosting his Saturday morning show, podcast, and serving as sideline
reporter for Seattle Seahawks broadcasts. Clayton was laid off from KIRO in
November along with four other staffers which saw him lose his daily show
at the station, but was brought back just ten days later.

Prior to working at KIRO, the Pro Football Hall of Fame writer was a beat
reporter for multiple Pittsburgh area newspapers, the Tacoma News Tribune,
and then spent 22 years at ESPN.

The Professor” is ready to school Broncos Country. Bonneville Denver has
announced that Pro Football Hall of Famer John Clayton is joining Sports
Radio 104.3 The Fan (KKFN-FM) as their Senior Broncos Writer for
DenverFan.com.

Clayton will be writing daily about the Broncos, bringing his nearly 50
years of experience covering the NFL to Denver. In 2007, he received the
Dick McCann Memorial Award, placing him into the writer’s wing of the Pro
Football Hall of Fame. Clayton’s best known for his 22 years spent in
various roles at ESPN, including as Senior NFL Writer for ESPN.com.

“The Broncos have one of the NFL’s most storied franchises with a
tremendously passionate fan base,” said Clayton. “I’m very excited to be
joining The Fan team with the opportunity to write about the Broncos every
day at DenverFan.com as they enter a new era under general manager George
Paton.”

Clayton will also appear regularly on Sports Radio 104.3 The Fan
programming to discuss his pieces on the Broncos.

“To bring on one of the NFL’s most respected writers in John Clayton is a
tremendous addition to The Fan,” said program director Raj Sharan. “I’m
thrilled that Broncos Country will be able to read John’s inside
information and opinions on the Broncos every day.”

Clayton joins a group of contributors at DenverFan.com that include former
Nuggets head coach George Karl, New York Times bestselling author and
former Broncos tight end Nate Jackson, and former ESPN.com writer and USA
Today editor Shawn Drotar.

DenverFan.com is led by Digital Sports Editor James Merilatt and features
daily stories on all Denver sports topics from Cecil Lammey, Kendall
Valenzuela, Johnny Hart and other members of Sports Radio 104.3 The Fan’s
roster. Clayton will continue his roles both writing and hosting for
Bonneville Seattle’s 710 ESPN (KIRO-AM).

Townsquare Extends Deal With Free Beer & Hot Wings Bringing Show To Twenty
Markets

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...wenty-markets/

Townsquare Media has announced it has signed the syndicated Free Beer Hot
Wings morning show based Rock 97.9 WGRD Grand Rapids MI to an extension as
recent affiliations bring the show to now twenty Townsquare markets.

Led by Gregg Free Beer Daniels and Chris Hot Wings Michaels, the show
debuted in 1997 in afternoons at Rock 89.7 The River KIWR Omaha. After a
brief stint in mornings at 104.5 The Bone WBON Knoxville, the pair joined
the then-Nassau Broadcasting combo of 94.5 The Hawk WTHK Trenton and 105.7
The Hawk WCHR-FM Manahawkin NJ in 2002. After the flip of WTHK in 2004, the
show moved to WGRD but continued syndicating back to WCHR-FM and began
adding additional affiliates.

With the new deal, the company has announced the shows recently launches at
WAAL Binghamton, WBUF Buffalo, and 106.9 KLUB Victoria TX.

Townsquare Media, Inc. announced today the extension of Free Beer Hot
Wings across seventeen existing stations and the addition of the top-rated
morning show on WAAL in Binghamton, NY, WBUF in Buffalo, NY and KLUB in
Victoria, TX.

“Free Beer Hot Wings have demonstrated time and again that they can win in
our markets, and we are proud to announce that we have extended our
agreement with them so that we can keep winning,” said Erik Hellum,
Townsquare Chief Operating Officer-Local Media.

“This is a labor of love,” said Gregg “Free Beer” Daniels. “Townsquare
Media has been a tremendous friend and partner to us for over ten years.”

Added “Hot Wings” Chris Michels, “In many of these markets, we have
celebrated year after year of ratings success and these local communities
feel like home to us.”

“We are excited to win in Buffalo, Binghamton, and Victoria,” said Co-Host
Joe Gassman. “We were made for Buffalo – the home of the original hot wing.”

Townsquare now broadcasts Free Beer Hot Wings in the following twenty
markets: Albany NY, Atlantic City NJ, Augusta ME, Battle Creek MI,
Binghamton NY, Bismarck ND, Buffalo NY, Casper WY, Duluth MN, Evansville
IN, Flint MI, Grand Rapids MI, Grand Junction CO, Monmouth-Ocean NJ,
Missoula MT, Utica NY, Rochester MN, Victoria TX, Yakima WA, and Wichita
Falls TX.

“Compelling, relatable, timely, and entertaining content wins,” said Kurt
Johnson, Townsquare Senior Vice President of Programming. “We could not be
happier to have Free Beer Hot Wings continue as a key part of our success
on these local rock stations for years to come.”

Jim Kerr Extends Record Run In New York

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...n-in-new-york/

iHeartMedia Classic Rock Q104.3 WAXQ New York has announced it has signed
morning host Jim Kerr to a five year contract extension.

Kerr, who has already spent more time on-air in mornings in the market than
anyone, will remain in place through 2026. Kerr began his run in mornings
in the market at the age of 21 in 1974. Kerr was first paired with longtime
co-host Shelli Sonstein in 1977 and would would remain at 95.5 WPLJ until
1989. After stints in mornings at Hot AC Mix 105 WMXV, Smooth Jazz CD 101.9
WQCD, Country 103.5 WYNY and the Y107 quadcast, Kerr joined WAXQ in January
2002 and was reteamed with Sonstein the following year.

Prior to coming to New York, the Michigan native also worked at WDAI-FM and
WLS-FM Chicago, WKNR-FM Detroit, and WORJ-FM Orlando starting his radio
career at the age of 14.

iHeartMedia New York’s Q104.3, New York’s Classic Rock, announced today a
five-year broadcast agreement extension for legendary on-air personality
Jim Kerr, beginning today through 2026.

The Radio Hall of Famer began his tenure at Q104.3 in January 2002 and was
later joined by Shelli Sonstein in October 2003. Together, the dynamic duo
has become a household name within the New York City community, making
history together on-air for more than 40 years.

“Getting to work every day with one of the true legends like Jim is a joy
and a privilege,” said Eric Wellman, Program Director for Q104.3. “Knowing
he will be with Q104.3 entertaining our audience every morning along with
Shelli lets me sleep better at night. Here’s to another five years with Jim
Kerr!”

Kerr is the longest-running morning radio personality in New York City
history. He has been the morning show host on six New York City stations,
most notably 18 years at Q104.3 and 15 years at WPLJ-FM, where he became
New York’s youngest morning show host at 21 years old. Before that, Kerr
served as an on-air personality at WDAI-FM and WLS-FM in Chicago and at
WKNR-FM in Detroit, Michigan, after serving as an on-air personality at
WORJ-FM in Orlando, Florida. His relationship with radio started on a
second-grade field trip to WWJ-FM in Detroit. Kerr began his career at age
14 in Ypsilanti, Michigan and has been on the air ever since.

“When I joined Q104.3, my biggest hope was that it would be the second-best
job I ever had,” said Kerr. “As things worked out, it has turned out to be
the best.”

Active for decades in civic and charitable affairs, Kerr is a 35-year board
member of HeartShare Human Services of New York and a member of the
SAG-AFTRA Foundation board. He’s also a Vice President of the Screen Actors
Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists.

Rachel Ryan Joins KSCS As Midday Host

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...s-midday-host/

Cumulus Medias New Country 96.3 KSCS Dallas has announced the addition of
Rachel Ryan as their new midday host.

Ryan, who most recently hosted middays at Cumulus CHR Q99.7 WWWQ Atlanta,
quickly returns to the company after being let go in December. She also
tracked middays at Hot 93.3 KLIF-FM Dallas and KQHN Shreveport while in
Atlanta. She has also co-hosted mornings at KTFM San Antonio and middays at
WABB Mobile under the on-air name Blondie.

Ryan fills the midday slot at KSCS that was held by Michelle Rodriguez
until her move to mornings in November.

CUMULUS MEDIA announces that it has appointed Rachel Ryan as On-Air
Personality, Middays, for New Country 96.3/KSCS-FM in Dallas, TX. Ryan
debuts today on New Country 96.3 and can be heard Monday through Friday
from 10:00am-3:00pm.

Ryan joins New Country 96.3 from Cumulus sister station WWWQ Q99.7 in
Atlanta, GA, where she was Midday Host, while also serving as Midday talent
on Cumulus Dallas’ Hot 93.3/KLIF-FM.*Prior to joining Cumulus Atlanta, Ryan
was Co-Host, Mornings, at Alpha Media’s KTFM-FM in San Antonio, TX, and was
Morning and Midday Host at Cumulus station WABD-FM in her hometown of
Mobile, AL. She started her radio career at the legendary WABB-FM in
Mobile.*

*

Mike Preston, Program Director, KSCS-FM and KPLX-FM, said: “We are thrilled
to promote from within Cumulus and have Rachel joining our team on New
Country 96.3.*Her energy and passion for connecting to the community is the
key to her past success and we can’t wait to have her on KSCS!”*

*

Ryan commented:*I am beyond excited to be a part of the team at KSCS! This
decision was an easy*one, and Im eager to hit the ground running in Dallas!
Thank you, Mike Preston and Dan Bennett, for having confidence in me I cant
wait to get to work!*