Old August 2nd 20, 09:57 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] Domain Insight 8/2: Will Jubal Help KBKS Kiss Away Its Branding?

RadioInsight

Domain Insight 8/2: Will Jubal Help KBKS Kiss Away Its Branding?

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-its-branding/

When Jubal Fresh debuts his new morning show on iHeartMedia CHR 106.1
Kiss-FM KBKS-FM Tacoma/Seattle, it is looking more and more like a new
branding will accompany the station.

Plus potential flips in Augusta, more on Zimmers move into Springfield MO
and another Top 10 market Black Information Network launch.
This content is for Premium Annual and Premium Monthly members only. Visit
the site and log in/register to read.

The post Domain Insight 8/2: Will Jubal Help KBKS Kiss Away Its Branding?
appeared first on RadioInsight.

FCC Report 8/2: Lots More Political File Consent Decrees

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...nsent-decrees/

FCC Actions

After reaching consent decrees with six of the largest operators over
missing documents from their online political files, the FCC has begun
settling similar cases with small market operators. Each of the groups have
agreed to admission of liability and compliance plans. The operators
settling with the FCC we

HG C Inc. owner of 102.3 WWSL Philadelphia MS
Alum Springs Vision Outreach Corp owner of 1170 WDFB Junction City KY
Center Hill Broadcasting Corp owner of 1480 WJLE and 101.7 WJLE-FM
Smithville TN
Cookeville Communications owner of 94.7 WGSQ, 98.5 WKSW, 780 WPTN and 1400
WHUB Cookeville TN
North Shore Broadcasting Company owner of twelve stations in Louisiana and
Mississsippi
W V Broadcasting owner of 1400 WMFA Raeford NC

The FCC has removed 94.9 Ganado TX as a vacant portion of the Table of
Allotments following a Petition For Reconsideration from S Content
Marketings deleted KHTZ, which is still awaiting resolution to its Petition
for Reconsideration for its license cancellation.
This content is for Premium Annual and Premium Monthly members only. Visit
the site and log in/register to read.

The post FCC Report 8/2: Lots More Political File Consent Decrees appeared
first on RadioInsight.

WXYT Morning Host Jamie Samuelsen Dies At 48 From Colon Cancer

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-colon-cancer/

Entercom Sports 97.1 The Ticket WXYT-FM Detroit announced that morning host
Jamie Samuelsen passed away this evening from colon cancer at the age of 48.

Samuelsen joined WXYT-FM in January 2013 to co-host nights with Bob Wojo
Wojnowski. He then moved to mornings alongside Mike Stoney Stone and Sara
Fouracre (later succeeded by Heather Park) in September 2016. Before
joining WXYT-FM, Samuelsen co-hosted mornings at 1130 WDFN and 94.7 WCSX
and was Sports Director for 101.1 WRIF. He also was part of WJBK-TVs
Detroit Lions coverage and wrote for The Detroit Free Press.

He was diagnosed with colon cancer in January 2019, but only went public
with the diagnosis this past Monday. He told listeners, Each morning since
my diagnosis, I got up, turned on the radio mic and got to talk sports. I
needed the escape from cancer, just like so many of our listeners who face
hardships, grief and illness, too — they turned to us in the morning for
some levity in this crazy world. So I wanted to continue to have fun and
not let cancer get in the way of doing what I loved.

Samuelsen is survived by his wife, Detroit Public Television anchor Christy
McDonald and their three children.

I am heartbroken by the passing of my great longtime friend and radio
partner Jamie Samuelsen. He was one of a kind. Smart, kind and had a great
sense of humor. He battled this for over 19 months.I will miss him dearly.
Love you always James K.

- michael stone (@stoney16) August 2, 2020

You want to know how tough Jamie Samuelsen was? He was diagnosed with colon
cancer 19 months ago, and he never got one damn break. He fought like hell
and the cancer wouldnt let up. Not for one minute. But he never wanted
people to know until the end. Incredible strength.

- Bob Wojnowski (@bobwojnowski) August 2, 2020

We join the Detroit community in mourning the loss of Jamie Samuelsen. A
radio host, writer & TV personality, Jamie was dedicated to his craft and
we will miss his enthusiasm for our city & sports franchises. Our thoughts
& hearts are with Jamie’s family & friends at The Ticket.
https://t.co/93ThCMWSML

- Detroit Tigers (@tigers) August 2, 2020

We share in the tragic loss felt by the Detroit community at the news of
Jamie Samuelsen’s passing. Jamie’s personality and spirit were felt by all
on Lions game days, and his voice on the airwaves brought us together. Our
thoughts and prayers go out to the Samuelsen family.
pic.twitter.com/9zMGzIFQmn

- Detroit Lions PR (@LionsPR) August 2, 2020

The post WXYT Morning Host Jamie Samuelsen Dies At 48 From Colon Cancer
appeared first on RadioInsight.