Old March 24th 21, 08:59 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] Educational Media Foundation To Move To Nashville

RadioInsight

Educational Media Foundation To Move To Nashville

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-to-nashville/

Educational Media Foundation announced today it plans on moving its
headquarters from the Sacramento suburb Rocklin CA to Nashville.

While a new location has yet to be finalized, EMF intends to move members
of their content divisions into their existing Nashville offices and
temporary spaces. The company already originates the K-Love morning show,
portions of Air1, promotions, AccessMore podcast division, live events, and
their WTA Media film/book production division from Nashville.

EMF intends to grow the Nashville staff in phases over the next three years
through relocating existing employees and making new local hires.

Educational Media Foundation (EMF) – parent company to K-LOVE and Air1
radio networks, AccessMore podcasts and WTA Media – will establish over the
next three years a new global headquarters in the Nashville region, the
heart of the contemporary Christian entertainment industry.

After much prayer, extensive discussion and research, the EMF Board and
leadership team are in unanimous agreement that relocating our headquarters
to the Nashville area will position us to fulfill our mission of creating
compelling media that inspires and encourages audiences to have a
meaningful relationship with Christ, said EMF CEO Bill Reeves. This move
will enable us to better serve our audiences and deepen our relationships
with faith-focused artists, content creators and the recording, film and
publishing industries as we continue to broaden our media offerings through
radio, film, streaming, live events, books and more.

EMF has been growing its Tennessee presence over the last several years. It
recently expanded its studio, from which the K-LOVE morning show and Air1
programs now broadcast, and its promotions, AccessMore podcasting, live
events and WTA Media teams have offices in the area already. Members of
EMFs content division will begin moving into the existing offices and
temporary space this summer.

Currently based in Rocklin, California, with additional offices in major
markets throughout the U.S, EMFs global headquarters staff will grow in
multiple phases over the next three years, both from relocating employees
and local hiring. A new permanent campus is to be constructed; the exact
location is yet to be finalized.

We are proud to welcome EMF headquarters to Tennessee, said Gov. Bill Lee.
Our state is home to some of the top music, media and entertainment
companies, and EMF will be a respected addition to this important sector.
We thank EMF for its investment in Middle Tennessee, which will strengthen
our reputation as a leader in the music industry.

Progress and change are nothing new for EMF as it implements its strategy
of becoming a diversified, multi-platform content creator and distributor
in the faith space. In just the past two years, the ministry:

Acquired WTA Media to expand into film financing/marketing and book
publishing
Financed multiple films (partially or in full)
Launched the AccessMore podcast network with nearly 7 million downloads in
less than a year
Launched a new video platform, K-LOVE On Demand
Expanded live events capability
Established EMF Publishing and signed multiple authors to K-LOVE Books
Surpassed 1,000 radio signals, adding 76 net new signals
Continued to minister to its audiences by praying for more than a million
prayer requests

The State of Tennessee, the Tennessee Department of Economic and Community
Development and the Tennessee Valley Authority have been outstanding
partners as we considered, and now pursue, this exciting new chapter in the
life of EMF, Reeves said. The Nashville area is the right place for us to
be.

TVA and Middle Tennessee Electric congratulate Educational Media
Foundations decision to locate in Middle Tennessee, said TVA Senior Vice
President of Economic Development John Bradley. Helping to foster high
quality jobs in the Valley is central to TVAs mission of service, and we
celebrate EMFs business success in the Valley.

EMF is in the final stages of selecting land locations, architects and
building developers.

Entercom Agrees To Licensing Partnership with Global Music Rights

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-music-rights/

Entercom (NYSE: ETM) and Global Music Rights (GMR) announced today a
long-term partnership which allows Entercom to perform GMR’s catalog of hit
songs across all of its platforms. The multi-year deal starts immediately
and paves the way for a strong partnership between the rapidly growing
audio content and entertainment platform and the boutique performing rights
organization featuring some of music’s most talented hitmakers including
Nicki Minaj, Drake, Bruce Springsteen, and Prince. The commercial
partnership benefits both Entercom and the Global Music Rights songwriters,
unlocking access to some of music’s most popular and beloved performers for
fans all over the country.

“We are excited to partner with Irving and the team at GMR,” said David
Field, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Entercom. “They
represent some of the top talent on radio today. The combination of
Entercom’s reach and GMR’s music is a huge win for our audience.”

“Music always brings people together,” said Irving Azoff. “David is a music
fan so it’s no surprise that he welcomed the opportunity to work together
to bring great music to fans through Entercom’s network.”

WAMU Sells WRAU Ocean City To WGTS

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-city-to-wgts/

A simulcast of one Washington DC non-comm will give way to another in Ocean
City MD.

American University, owner of Public News/Talk 88.5 WAMU Washington DC is
selling 88.3 WRAU Ocean City to Atlantic Gateway Communications for
$650,000. The buyer operates Christian AC 91.9 WGTS Takoma Park
MD/Washington DC. WGTS is currently running a fundraiser to finance the
acquisition.

The 50kW Class B signal of WRAU covers much of the Salisbury/Ocean City
market. It will join a Christian AC field that includes Bridge of Lights
The Bridge 88.7 WKNZ Harrington DE/92.5 WNKZ Pocomoke City MD and
Educational Media Foundations K-Love 92.1 WLBW Fenwick Island DE/105.5 WLSW
Salisbury.

This is the second sale of WRAU to be announced in the past two years.
American University had agreed to sell the station to Delaware First Media
in February 2020 for $537,500. That purchase wouldve made WRAU a simulcast
of Public News/Talk 91.3 WDDE Dover DE.

SiriusXM Launches Disney Hits Channel

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-hits-channel/

Following the end of Radio Disney, the company is returning its brand to
radio as SiriusXM launches Disney Hits on channel 302 today.

The new channel will focus on music from Disneys film and television
productions including The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Toy Story, High
School Musical and Descendants. The channel will also include guest hosts
starting this week with Sofia Carson and a themed hour on Mondays at 12pm
starting with songs from Disney Princesses with songs from villians the
following week.

SiriusXM announced today Disney Hits, a brand-new, first-of-its-kind music
channel launching on SiriusXM on Thursday, March 25.

SiriusXM’s Disney Hits channel will feature everyone’s all-time favorite
Disney music from movies, television shows and more, all on one channel.
The channel will showcase songs from classics such as The Lion King, Beauty
and the Beast, and Toy Story to newer favorites such as Frozen 2, Moana,
High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, Descendants 2, and many more.
Listeners can also expect special musical Disney-themed hours and celebrity
guest hosts.

Hollywood Records’ artist and Descendant’s star Sofia Carson will be the
channel’s first celebrity guest host taking over with a special Be Our
Guest 4 The Day hour. Sofia Carson will be playing and talking through her
top 4 favorite Disney songs as well as her new single. Be Our Guest 4 The
Day featuring Sofia Carson will air on Friday, March 26 at 9:00 am ET,
12:00 pm ET, 3:00 pm ET and 6:00 pm ET.

Sofia Carson’s Favorite Disney Song Is From Mulan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5yaRYnQcNY
Sofia Carson shares her favorite Disney song growing up and how it impacted
her music career.

Disney Hits will also present a new featured hour premiere every Monday at
12:00 pm ET. The first musical Disney-themed hour, airing Monday, March 29
will be “Disney Princesses,” playing songs from Disney favorite princesses
including Tiana, Cinderella, Ariel, Belle and more. Following Disney
Princesses, SiriusXM subscribers will be able to tune in on Monday, April 5
for a “Disney Villains”* hour, where listeners will hear songs from
villains they love to hate including Cruella de Vil, The Lion King’s Scar,
The Little Mermaid’s Ursula and more.

Disney Hits will launch on Thursday, March 25 at 12:00 pm ET and will be
available to listeners nationwide on SiriusXM radios (channel 302) and on
the SiriusXM app. For more information on SiriusXM’s Disney Hits channel
visit: http://siriusxm.com/DisneyHits.* #DisneySXM

WGWE To Suspend Operations

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...nd-operations/

The Seneca Nation will suspend operations of Classic Hits 105.9 WGWE Little
Valley NY at the end of the month.

In an FCC filing the station states it needs to suspend operations of WGWE
because it faces financial distress, including long-term losses, in its
operation of the station that have been exacerbated by the ongoing COVID-19
crisis.

The station serves the southwestern corner of New York including the
Jamestown and Olean markets, the latter of which it currently has a 1.7
share. The Seneca Nation tribe has operated the station since in signed-on
in 2010 after purchasing its Construction Permit from Randy Michaels
Radioactive LLC.

Orioles Come To DC's Sports Capitol

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...ports-capitol/

After a decade long run in the nearby Washington DC market on 980 WTEM,
MLBs Baltimore Orioles are moving to Cumulus Media Sports ESPN 630 The
Sports Capital WSBN Washington for the 2021 season.

The Orioles have always had a strong radio presence in Washington with 1500
WTOP holding co-flagship status at times until it dropped the team after
the 1999 season predating the arrival of the Washington Nationals in 2005.
At WSBN, the Orioles will join a play-by-play roster that includes the
University of Virginia and the NFLs Washington Football Team (shared with
980 WTEM and co-owned 105.9 WMAL).

CUMULUS MEDIA announces that it has entered into an agreement with the
Baltimore Orioles, making its Washington, D.C. Sports/Talk radio station
ESPN 630 AM The Sports Capitol/WSBN-AM the official radio home of the
Orioles Radio Network. As the Orioles Radio Network’s Washington, D.C.
affiliate, ESPN 630 AM will kick off its coverage beginning with the 2021
Baseball Season.

The multi-year deal keeps the Orioles Radio Network on the Washington, D.C.
airwaves and adds to ESPN 630 AM’s stable of sports broadcasts – which also
includes the Washington Football Team and the University of Virginia.

“We are thrilled to be associated with the Baltimore Orioles,” said Ken
Roberts, Senior Vice President/Market Manager, Cumulus Washington, D.C.
“From their classic venue Oriole Park at Camden Yards to their Hall of Fame
heritage, the Orioles have a rich history with the League and with the City
of Baltimore.”

“The Orioles are excited to enter into this new partnership with CUMULUS
MEDIA’s ESPN 630 AM/ WSBN and to continue delivering Orioles baseball to
our many fans in the Washington, D.C. metro area,” said Greg Bader, Orioles
Senior Vice President, Administration and Experience. “D.C. area residents
can enjoy a full season of on-field action, as well as engaging pre- and
post-game programming, through The Sports Capitol and the Orioles Radio
Network’s coverage all year long.”

Roberts added, “This winning organization and ESPN 630 AM are going to be
great teammates.”

iHeartMedia Rochester MN/Eau Claire WI Market President Rick Hencley
Retires; Jeanna Berge To Succeed

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...ge-to-succeed/

iHeartMedia has announced that Rick Hencley will retire on April 1 as
Market President of their Eau Claire WI and Rochester MN operations.

Hencley has also worked at Laird Broadcasting, Great Duluth Broadcasting,
Phillips Broadcasting, and Cumulus during his career. He will remain with
iHeart as an Advisor for the Great Lakes Region until June 30.

Succeeding him in leading the two markets will be Jeanna Berge. Berge has
spent her entire professional career at the company starting as an Account
Executive in 2011. She was promoted to Eau Claire SVP/Sales in 2018 and
will also continue in that role.

iHeartMedia announced today that Jeanna Berge has been named Market
President for the Eau Claire, Wisconsin and Rochester, Minnesota markets,
effective April 1. She will succeed media veteran Rick Hencley who will be
retiring on April 1 after 27 years at iHeartMedia. Berge will also retain
her role as Senior Vice President of Sales for the Eau Claire market.

As Market President, Berge will work closely with the programming, business
and sales teams for all station brands in Eau Claire and Rochester and will
oversee the stations’ on-air and digital programming as well as create new
revenue opportunities. She will report to*Shosh Abromovich, Division
President for iHeartMedia.

Before being elevated to Market President for Eau Claire and Rochester,
Berge joined iHeartMedia Eau Claire in 2011 as an Account Executive and
rose to Senior Vice President of Sales in 2018, where she currently
oversees the Eau Claire sales team. She is a graduate of Winona State
University.

“I am extremely grateful for this opportunity and I am beyond ecstatic to
lead and learn from these incredible, dedicated, multi-talented teams in
the Eau Claire and Rochester markets,” said Berge. “Rick has been an
inspiring leader throughout my career at iHeartMedia and I’m honored to
have had him as my mentor. His passion to have his employees always strive
to be the best is evident with the success of his career, and I am
determined to share that same motivation, positivity and creativity to help
these ambitious teams excel. My mission is to continue to build on our
already strong connection while having a positive impact on our employees,
listeners, advertisers and our communities.”

Hencley’s retirement marks a large change in the Eau Claire and Rochester
markets. Throughout his career, Hencley has held several positions within
the media industry, including Laird Broadcasting, Great Duluth
Broadcasting, Phillips Broadcasting, Cumulus, Clear Channel and
iHeartMedia. Hencley will serve as an Advisor for the Great Lakes region
beginning April 1 to June 30.

“Jeanna Berge will do a tremendous job leading these high-quality markets
to their maximum potential,” said Hencley. “She has excelled at every
leadership position, and her passion for our media industry makes her the
perfect candidate at the right time to lead these top markets.”

KLUC Promotes Hector 'DJ CO1' Minjarez To Assistant Program Director

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...gram-director/

Entercom CHR 98.5 KLUC Las Vegas has promoted Hector DJ CO1 Minjarez to
Assistant Program Director.

Minjarez currently serves as Mixshow Coordinator for KLUC and APD/midday
host at Classic Hip Hop Q100.5 KXQQ and will continue to hold those roles.
He has been with the stations since 2008 and also mixed for Entercoms
now-defunct Now 96.3 KNOU St. Louis. He also serves as the mixer for
Westwood Ones syndicated Zach Sang Show and previously worked at multiple
stations in Albuquerque and Reno.

Entercom Top40 KLUC has upped Hector DJ CO1 Minjarez to APD. CO1, with KLUC
since July 2008, is currently middays/APD of KXQQ/Throwback HipHop and
mixshow coordinator of KLUC, the APD stripes come with a new multi year
resigning.

KLUC Brand Manager JB King said, CO1s passion and dedication for all our
brands and incredible work ethic have been indispensable, as we work toward
of goals. Nothing makes me happier than officially recognizing him with a
well-deserved promotion.

DJ CO1 added, KLUC and KXQQ are home, and Im excited for the continued
opportunity! Being able to expand my programming role with such a great
team is second to none.