Old May 3rd 21, 10:52 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] Delilah Purchases Oregon AM Where She Began Her Career

RadioInsight

Delilah Purchases Oregon AM Where She Began Her Career

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...an-her-career/

Premiere Networks syndicated evening host Delilah Rene is acquiring the
station where her career began.

Renes Big Shoes Productions will pay Charles Contreras Post Rock
Communications $60,000 for Oldies 1030 KDUN Reedsport OR. The deal gives
Rene her hometown station, where she began her radio career while in junior
high and high school.

KDUN serves the Coos Bay market along the Oregon coast and operates with
50kW day and 630 watts night.

Erika Jeanine Joins Zazza Mornings

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...azza-mornings/

Cumulus Media has announced the addition of Erika Jeanine as co-host of
their regionally syndicated Zazza Mornings based at CHR 107.1 WA1A WAOA
Melbourne FL and heard on Z96 WZNS Destin/Fort Walton Beach FL and 97.5
WABD Mobile AL.

Jeanine will also serve as Promotions Director for Cumulus Melbourne. She
previously served as Programming Coordinator at iHeartMedia AC Magic 107.7
WMGF Orlando and was a weekend host at CHR XL 106.7 WXXL until exiting in
the companys January 2020 cuts.

She fills the long-vacant co-host slot next to Tony Zazza that has been
open since Cheree Carter departed in August 2019.

CUMULUS MEDIA announces that on-air personality Erika Jeanine will join the
regionally syndicated morning radio show Zazza Mornings as Co-Host. Zazza
Mornings broadcasts live fromÂ*107.1 WA1AÂ*in Melbourne, FL, is also heard
onÂ*97.5 WABD-FM in Mobile, AL, andÂ*Z96/WZNS-FM in Ft. Walton Beach/Destin,
FL.

Jeanine was previously on-air in Orlando, FL, at WXXL-FM and was on the
programming team for WMGF-FM in Orlando. In addition to co-hosting Zazza
Mornings, she will also lead the Cumulus Melbourne cluster as Promotions
Director. Her first day on-air with Tony Zazza, Host of Zazza Mornings,
will be Tuesday, May 4th.

Zazza, who joined Cumulus Melbourne in 2015 on Top 40 WAOA before the
company syndicated the show regionally in 2016, said: “Erika brings a
passion for radio and knowledge of pop culture and social media to Zazza
Mornings, and I’m excited to have her on the team. She also brings fun and
energy that the audience will love and relate to, and she will be an asset
in growing the show. Plus, it’s been a long 394 days of talking to myself.
But who’s counting?”

Jeanine commented: “What excites me the most about this opportunity is that
I not only get to work on being a great co-host to Tony, but I also get to
show my abilities as a Promotions Director. Being able to do both really
keeps me on my toes! I feel like this is my big break. Also, who doesnt
love the beach?! Being in Melbourne, I get to explore a city Im not too
familiarÂ*with, as well as get my tan on.”

Morning Show Musical Chairs In Charleston

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...in-charleston/

A pair of syndicated shows moved to new homes in Charleston SC this morning.

Premiere Networks The Breakfast Club debuted this morning on Cumulus Media
Hip Hop Z93 Jamz WWWZ Summerville. The Breakfast Club had been heard
locally on Saga Communications 99.3 The Box W257BQ Charleston/WXST-HD2.
Cumulus is marking the move as a homecoming for host Charlemagne The God,
who began his career as an intern at WWWZ.

Reach Medias The Rickey Smiley Morning Show moves from WWWZ to Cumulus
Adult RB Magic 107.3 WMGL Ravenel where it succeeds the recently cancelled
Rick Sasha.

CUMULUS MEDIA announces that Z93 JAMZ/WWWZ-FM and Magic 107.3/WMGL-FM in
Charleston, SC, have a new morning lineup. Today, Z93 JAMZ will kick off
the week with its new morning show, The Breakfast Club, featuring the
Lowcountry’s own Charlamagne Tha God. Charlamagne Tha God hails from Moncks
Corner, SC, and began his successful radio career at Z93 JAMZ as an intern.
The Breakfast Club will air on Z93 JAMZ Monday through Friday from
6:00am-10:00am. The show replaces The Rickey Smiley Morning Show, which
moves from Mornings on Z93 JAMZ to its new morning home at sister station
Magic 107.3/WMGL-FM. The Rickey Smiley Morning Show airs on Magic 107.3
weekdays from 6:000am-10:00am.

Consistently ranked #1, The Breakfast Club – The World’s Most Dangerous
Morning Show – is widely regarded as the most informative and entertaining
top-rated contemporary Hip-Hop/RB morning show today. Each morning, fans of
The Breakfast Club tune in to hear DJ Envy, Angela Yee and Charlamagne Tha
God’s unrivaled interviews and conversations with celebrities like Kevin
Hart, 2 Chainz, Justin Timberlake, Jennifer Lopez to icons such as Jay-Z,
Kanye West, and Nicki Minaj, plus entertainment news and fresh music mixes,
along with their signature blend of honesty and humor. Launched in December
2010, The Breakfast Club has been named the No. 1 radio program in the
nation by “The Source” magazine on multiple occasions and was inducted into
the Radio Hall of Fame in October 2020. The show is nationally syndicated
by Premiere Networks.

The Rickey Smiley Morning Show is hosted by nationally renowned standup
comedian Rickey Smiley, with an ensemble cast including: Da Brat, Gary With
Da Tea, Special K, and Rock-T. The program effectively blends Smiley’s
Southern appeal with raw humor and personal authenticity as a community
activist passionate about issues that concern the community. Guests range
from pundits and lifestyle experts to athletes and entertainers. Featuring
listener interaction, music, information and entertainment, The Rickey
Smiley Morning Show is nationally syndicated by Reach Media.

Kathy Brown, Program Director, WWWZ-FM and WMGL-FM, said: “The Rickey
Smiley Morning Show has been an absolute beast in Mornings with a legacy of
#1 wins on Z93 JAMZ. As the show moves to its new home on our adult sister
station Magic107.3, the laughter, music and commitment to the community
continues! Rickey Smiley is a true professional and passes the torch to The
Breakfast Club on Z93 JAMZ.”

Brown added: “We are so excited to have The Breakfast Club on our station
with Charlamagne Tha God, a Monck’s Corner, South Carolina, native. The
show aligns with our target demographic and reflects the Hip Hop culture
that has a strong voice across the country. The Breakfast Club is THE voice
that needs to be heard on Z93 JAMZ.”

Boost 92.9 Debuts In Twin Cities

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...n-twin-cities/

Gateway Creative Broadcasting has launched its Christian Rhythmic Boost
Radio brand in a third market.

The St. Louis based brand, heard there on 95.5 KXBS Bethalto IL and two
suburban signals, debuted this morning on Educational Media Foundations
92.9 W225AP St. Paul MN fed via 96.3 KMWA-HD2. The translator serves
Minneapolis and its adjacent suburbs. W225AP previously served as the
primary signal for EMFs Air1 network until the purhcase of KMWA closed last
month.

The launch in Minneapolis follows the brands launch on 97.5 in Chicago in
February and planned launches this Spring on EMF signals in Fayetteville NC
and Pittsburgh.

Domain Insight 5/2: Is A Breeze Heading To Atlanta?

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...ng-to-atlanta/

iHeartMedia may be bringing its Soft AC Breeze brand to Atlanta.
This content is for Premium Annual and Premium Monthly members only. Visit
the site and log in/register to read.