Old May 27th 21, 12:04 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] 80s Plus 103.7 San Francisco Equals Revamped KOSF

RadioInsight

80s Plus 103.7 San Francisco Equals Revamped KOSF

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...revamped-kosf/

iHeartMedia has shifted 1980s Hits 103.7 iHeart80s to a broader Classic
Hits formats as 80s Plus 103.7.

As first indicated in our Domain Insight report this morning, the move
comes with the addition of music from the late 70s and 90s to the stations
playlist.

No on-air lineup changes accompanied the shift as former MTV VJ Martha
Quinn remains in mornings, Christie James in middays, WXTB Tampas Ron Big
Rig Michaels in afternoons, and Clarence Barnes in evenings. The move
brings KOSF back to the format it carried before its shift to all-80s in
June 2016. The station gradually evolved between 2011 and 2016 from Oldies
103.7 to The Bays 103.7 to Big 103.7 with different variations of Oldies
and Classic Hits before going to its now former brand.

The first hour of the revamped 80s Plus 103.7 at 10am today featured:

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts I Love Rock N Roll
Culture Club Karma Chameleon
Robert Palmer Bad Case Of Loving You
Kenny Loggins Danger Zone
Whitney Houston I Wanna Dance With Somebody
Spin Doctors Two Princes
Van Halen Jump
Michael Jackson Beat It
Tiffany I Think Were Alone Now
Harold Faltermeyer Axel F
Bee Gees Stayin Alive

Huggie Takes Afternoons At Movin 92.5 Seattle

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-92-5-seattle/

Hubbard Radio CHR Movin 92.5 KQMV Seattle has announced the addition of Dan
Huggie Amsden as afternoon host starting Tuesday, June 1.

Amsden most recently hosted afternoons at Alpha Media CHR Live 95.5 KBFF
Portland and has also worked at CHR 103.5 Kiss-FM KSAS-FM Boise and Hip Hop
Hot 97.5 KVEG Las Vegas. He takes the afternoon slot that had been held by
former Music Director Kel Walker until Walkers exit at the end of March.

MOViN 92.5, Seattle’s #1 Hit Music Station, announces an addition to its
On-Air line up. Dan “Huggie” Amsden, will entertain the Puget Sound every
afternoon on MOViN 92.5. Huggie will officially take over weekdays 2pm to
7pm, beginning Tuesday, June 1st, 2021.

“Huggie is an outrageous, fun, compassionate, and energetic personality,”
stated Cat Thomas, MOViN 92.5 Brand and Content Director. “He brings a
compelling new dimension to afternoons on MOViN 92.5!”

Huggie’s path to Seattle includes Hot 97.7 (KVEG-FM Las Vegas), 103.5
KISS-FM (KSAS-FM Boise) and most recently, afternoon talent at LIVE 95.5
(KBFF-FM Portland)

“I couldn’t be happier that (Hubbard Senior Vice President of Programming)
Greg Strassell, (Hubbard Seattle Market Manager) Wheeler Morris, (Hubbard
Seattle Operations Manager) Scott Mahalick and Cat Thomas are giving me
this opportunity,” said Huggie. “I’m geek’d to be a part of the Hubbard
Radio family and to MOVE with an already thriving brand. Goggle up,
Seattle!”

Time To Rumba As 97.7 The Beat Boston Meets Its Demise

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...ts-its-demise/

Rhythmic AC 97.7 The Beat WKAF Brockton/Boston has met its demise.

WKAF is currently stunting with unbranded Spanish language music telling
listeners to tune in on Tuesday, May 25 at 2:00pm.

As we just reported in todays Domain Insight, WKAF will flip to
iHeartMedias Spanish CHR Rumba brand as Rumba 97.7. “Rumba” had previously
aired in the market on 1200 WXKS and 1430 WKOX at different points from
2006 to 2010 and 2018 until last Augusts sale of 1430.

The move will give the Boston market its first full-powered Spanish
language signal. WKAF held a 1.2 share in the April 2021 Nielsen Audio
ratings.

Domain Insight 5/24: More Potential Big Market Moves For iHeartMedia

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...r-iheartmedia/

Changes may be on the way in three more markets for iHeartMedia.

As we await potential changes in Atlanta and Denver, the company has
registered domains hinting at changes for at least three additional PPM
markets.
This content is for Premium Annual and Premium Monthly members only. Visit
the site and log in/register to read.

Indie 102.3 Continues Its Expansion Across Colorado

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...ross-colorado/

Colorado Public Radio AAA Indie 102.3 KVOQ Glenwood Springs/Denver CO will
debut in Western Colorado on 96.7 KNDH Carbondale/Glenwood Springs on
Wednesday, May 26.

CPR is in the process of acquiring AC “Your Radio” 96.7 KUUR Carbondale CO
and its four translators: 93.9 K230AZ Glenwood Springs, 96.3 K242BL
Glenwood Springs, 102.9 K275AR New Castle, and 107.7 K299AC Glenwood
Springs from Marcos Rodriguez’ Colorado Radio Marketing in exchange for
their Public News/Talk 1230 KKPC/101.9 K270CM Pueblo CO. KKPC became
redundant for Colorado Public Radio following their 2020 agreement to
operate 91.5 KRCC Colorado Springs. Rodriguez will take over KKPC when the
swap closes this summer.

The Indie 102.3 programming is also heard on 1490 KXRE/102.1 K271CK Manitou
Springs/Colorado Springs, 88.5 KVQI Vail, and 90.9 K215FM Fort Collins.

Independent music fans in the Roaring Fork Valley will soon have access to
Indie 102.3, the music discovery station from Colorado Public Radio. CPR
has filed applications with the FCC to trade its 1230 AM signal in Pueblo,
Colo., for an FM signal in Carbondale, Colo.

The move will eliminate CPR News’ AM station and FM translator in Pueblo
later this summer. Following CPR’s partnership with Colorado College to
operate KRCC in Southern Colorado, CPR News’ broadcast in Pueblo became
redundant with KRCC’s broadcast on 91.5 FM. The Carbondale station, 96.7
FM, becomes the latest frequency to broadcast Indie 102.3 (as KNDH). It
will go live on May 26.

“One of CPRs goals is to maximize the use of all of our frequencies. With
the addition last year of KRCC, we have duplicative coverage in Pueblo with
CPR News,” said Jenny Gentry, chief operating officer. “This move lets us
bring Indie 102.3 to more people, with its focus on independent and
Colorado-based artists.”

96.7 FM is currently licensed to Carbondale with translators in Glenwood
Springs, and broadcasts from a transmission site CPR co-owns with Aspen
Public Radio and KDNK in Carbondale.

Indie 102.3 takes listeners inside the world of new and independent music –
connecting them to up-and-coming artists and highlighting Colorado’s local
music scene. Last year, Indie 102.3 expanded beyond Denver to serve
listeners in Colorado Springs and the Vail Valley.

Three Fort Myers Area AMs Turn In Their Licenses

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...heir-licenses/

A trio of AMs in Southwest Florida have surrendered their licenses back to
the FCC.

Fort Myers Broadcasting Company has turned in the licenses of 1200 WAXA
Pine Island Center/Fort Myers and 1460 WNPL Golden Gate/Naples. The two
stations had served as the originating signals for Spanish Tropical Maxima
97.3/95.7. Those translators are now being fed via an HD subchannel of 96.9
WINK-FM Fort Myers.

Sun Broadcasting Inc. surrendered 1270 WNOG Naples. WNOG, which shared its
four tower array with WNPL, had served as the originating station for 105.9
W290DB Naples. That translator is now being fed via 93.7 WHEL-HD3 Sanibel
as it continues to operate as Fox Sports Southwest Florida along with 103.3
W277AP Bayshore.

Sun Broadcast Group Launches Funny Feelings

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...unny-feelings/

Sun Broadcast Group and Radio Animal Consultings Dom Theodore are
partnering on the launch of weekly syndicated show “Funny Feelings With
Scotty”.

Hosted by Scotty Gunther, who currently hosts afternoons at Theodores 107.9
WCDY Cadillac MI, the show is described as PPM friendly weekend show that
fuses relationship humor, advice, and hit music to form a perfect show for
CHR/Top 40 and Hot AC.

Gunther, who hosted afternoons at “96.1 Kiss-FM” WKST Pittsburgh from
2003-2006 and mornings at WTCF and WIOG Saginaw MI before that, returned to
radio in 2019 after spending many years as an author, emcee and podcaster.

Sun Broadcast Group announces distribution partnership with comedian,
author and speaker Scotty Gunther, along with Radio Animal Media
Consulting’s Dom Theodore, as they launch “Funny Feelings With Scotty.”
This PPM friendly weekend show fuses relationship humor, advice, and hit
music to form a perfect show for CHR/Top 40 and Hot AC!

“After tinkering for two years in the Radio Animal Labs, we’ve combined
Scotty’s lifelong obsession for finding humor in love and relationships
with only playing the hits… forming this different style of radio content.”
said Theodore.

Rich O’Brien, Chief Development Officer at Sun Broadcast Group added, “We
strive to find exciting and engaging content for our clients and listeners,
and after such a serious, news heavy year, Sun Broadcast Group is excited
to team up with Scotty and Dom for this unique show centered on making the
audience laugh.”

Scotty, an experimental afternoon host for Up North Radio, previously
hosted afternoons at WKST/Pittsburgh, and mornings at WIOG and
WTCF/Saginaw, MI. He states, “‘FUNNY FEELINGS’ is a fast, humorous,
distinctive program, and terrestrial radio is still the best place for
mass-appeal, call-in entertainment, where self-involved individuals and
narcissists get preferential treatment. People love to talk about
themselves and the audience, and I like to listen to people’s relationship
problems with no judgement or shame. Who are we kidding? We’re gonna
judge and shame youbut it’s going to be hilarious!”

“Funny Feelings With Scotty” is available as a part of the Sun Broadcast
Group lineup. For more information visit their show page here, or contact
Rich O’Brien at 212.380.9338.

SiriusXM/Pandora Partner With TikTok For Content Sharing & New Channel

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...g-new-channel/

SiriusXM has announced a partnership with TikTok to join forces on the
rollout of new and innovative content across each of their platforms.

The partnership will include the launch of TikTok Radio on SiriusXM later
this summer as a permanent channel featuring the trending sounds that are
redefining pop culture from TikTok. The channel will be sonically synched
to the TikTok experience promoted as feeling like a radio version of the
platforms For You page.

Starting today, Pandora will debut hosted playlists from TikTok creators
with commentary about their favorite songs. TikTok Tastemakers will launch
with Bella Poarch today and feature Christian Shelton and Nick Tangorra in
the coming months, which will be cross-promoted on the social media
platform. Pandora will also host a weekly Tik Tok Hits playlist of the top
songs trending on the platform.

The deal will also allow TikTok to re-air previous Pandora exclusive
content from their Pandora LIVE series.

TikTok, SiriusXM and Pandora today announced they are joining forces on the
rollout of new and innovative content across each of their platforms.
Creating listener experiences curated specifically for each platform’s
loyal fans will allow TikTok, SiriusXM, and Pandora to deliver access to
groundbreaking programming, exclusive performances, special events, and
some of music’s top and emerging talent.

This summer, SiriusXM will launch TikTok Radio, a full-time music channel
featuring the trending sounds that are redefining pop culture from TikTok.
TikTok Radio will be presented by TikTok creators, tastemakers, and DJs.
TikTok Radio will be available in vehicles and as a streaming channel on
the SiriusXM App, desktop, and all connected devices.

Sonically synched to the TikTok experience, the channel will feel like a
radio version of the platform’s “For You” page. The TikTok Radio channel
will feature a diverse group of TikTok creators showcasing trending music
and stories behind the songs throughout each day, as well as a weekly music
countdown dedicated to TikTok’s top trending tracks. Listeners can expect
to hear directly from music’s next generation of rising stars and whatever
else the TikTok community is vibing to.

Also, beginning today, Pandora is launching a series of exclusive hosted
playlists featuring popular TikTok creators who will take listeners through
their favorite songs with special commentary about their selections. The
creators will be curating, hosting, and promoting the playlists to their
fans on TikTok. The TikTok Tastemakers series will kick off with Bella
Poarch, and other creators including Christian Shelton and Nick Tangorra
following in the coming months. Pandora listeners can also tune into the
TikTok Hits Playlist featuring all of the latest and greatest songs
featured and trending on TikTok.

TikTok fans will also have access to select re-airings of Pandora’s
original events series, Pandora LIVE. Recently, Pandora LIVE Powered by
Women featuring Gwen Stefani and Jazmine Sullivan re-aired on TikTok.
Additional upcoming events will be announced throughout the year.

“We are excited to collaborate with TikTok to create new content that
brings the vibrancy of the leading social networking service to life on
live radio and our streaming platforms,” said Scott Greenstein, President
and Chief Content Officer, SiriusXM. “The effect TikTok has on music, and
pop culture in general, is undeniable. Our platforms will provide a unique
opportunity for TikTok creators to engage with our listeners with content
experiences that have never been done before in audio. The exclusive
SiriusXM channel will bring a new take on radio by tapping into the latest
music trends on TikTok, while Pandora listeners will get access to
playlists curated personally by TikTok’s top creators.”

TikTok is redefining the way that fans discover music and artists, while
enabling a new form of musical engagement and creative expression, said Ole
Obermann, Global Head of Music, TikTok. We are excited to work with
SiriusXM on TikTok Radio and to bring TikTok creators to Pandora to make
the trends, music, and creative influences that are playing such a defining
role in modern culture even more accessible.”

Obermann added, “Were really excited to see this come to life and thank the
SiriusXM team for being such an innovative and visionary collaborator.

When I started posting on TikTok in the beginning of the pandemic, I had no
idea that, less than a year after starting my TikTok, Id sing in a Super
Bowl commercial. Making videos for TikTok is always the highlight of my
day, and Im lucky to have found such a supportive musical community,” said
TikTok creator Christian Shelton, whose playlist will be one of the first
in Pandora’s TikTok Tastemakers series. “The playlist I created reflects my
love for all genres and features new and old music, a lot of which is
inspired by my fans on TikTok! I want people who listen to my Pandora
playlist to get to know me a bit more through the music I love.

Haz Montana Joins Meruelo Media As VP/Audio Content

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...audio-content/

Former Univision Radio Vice President of Content Haz Montana has joined
Mereulo Media as Vice President of Audio Content.

Montana had been with Univision from 2005 until earlier this year. Before
joining Univision, Montana served as VP/Programming for Entravision, and
programmed stations in multiple formats including WRMA Miami, KIMN Denver,
WSNX Grand Rapids and WVIC Lansing MI.

Meruelo Media President/CEO Otto Padron stated, We ‘Haz’ Montana and
Montana ‘Haz’ Us! After an exhaustive national search getting to know some
of this country’s most amazing leaders in our craft of audio — we’re happy
that Haz chose us!” Padron continued, “Haz brings the right balance of
audio art and hard science perfectly nested within his steady brand of
leadership, personal values and the confident entrepreneurial spirit we
energetically embrace here at Meruelo Media. These very essential qualities
are must-have requirements to steer our team and legacy audio brands.”

Montana commented, “Hip Hop, Rock, Throwbacks, Latin Rhythm, and passionate
talent. This opportunity is a dream come true. I’m honored to be starting
today with Team Meruelo, and looking forward to working with some of this
country’s most iconic audio brands and lead a great team of format captains
as we continue to develop and grow these legendary call letters towards a
market-agnostic and boundless digital horizon.” Montana added, “Above all,
I’m excited about chartering a bold path in this newly reimagined role of
VP/Audio Brands here at Meruelo Media.”