Old February 26th 07, 01:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default ARS License Numbers

On Feb 25, 11:01?am, "W5DXP" wrote:
On Feb 25, 9:13 am, wrote:

What "buckets" would you prefer to see?

How about including all US hams?

I did - see the grand totals at the bottom of
each date's numbers.

Total Novice/Tech/Tech+ = 56.8%

Total General/Advanced/Extra = 43.2%

Back in May of 2000, yes.

But in February of 2007, it works out to:

Total Novice/Tech/Tech+ = 53.0%

Total General/Advanced/Extra = 47.0%

That splits the classes 3/3 and shows the average US amateur radio
operator licensee to be in the Novice/Tech/Tech+ group.

It is more accurate to say that the Novice/Tech/Tech+
group has a slight and shrinking majority over the
General/Advanced/Extra group.

I will predict
that, before 2010, the General/Advanced/Extra
group will be in the
majority once again.

I agree 100% - and I think it will be much sooner than
2010.

73 de Jim, N2EY

ARS License Numbers Slow Code Antenna 0 November 7th 06 12:58 AM
ARS License Numbers Slow Code General 0 November 7th 06 12:58 AM
ARS License Numbers Slow Code General 3 October 23rd 06 12:39 AM
ARS License Numbers Slow Code Scanner 0 October 5th 06 01:11 AM
ARS License Numbers N2EY Policy 833 February 3rd 06 01:27 AM