Old February 26th 07, 01:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default Formula for Q of resonant circuit?

On Feb 25, 3:40 pm, M J Dowden wrote:
I am trying to find the formula used to calculate the Q of a
parallel R-L-C resonant circuit.
I have been using Q = (2 * Pi * f * L) / R,

That formula is for the Q of a series circuit. The formula for the
Q of a parallel circuit is the reciprocal of that formula.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com

Old February 26th 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Thanks ENORMOUSLY. This is what I needed:
Qp = R / (2 * Pi * f * L) I have been all through the Radio Handbook
by Orr and three other books and it was in none of them.
Best regards.

----
M J Dowden
PGP key: http://www.panix.com/~mjdowden/keys.shtml
No Microsoft products were used in the
preparation or transmission of this message