Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 12th 07, 12:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
LVN LVN is offline

Default 2m FM calling practices

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"The Shadow" wrote in message

Similar thing here. In the UK, it's generally frowned on to call CQ on a
repeater,

I have to disagree. What's wrong with calling CQ GB3xx??

but you often hear new licensees doing it. I usually just say something
like "G6URP listening GB3xx" (repeater calls all start GB3 here).

73 Ivor G6URP

G6URP listening GB3xx

CQ G6URP on GB3xx

???

what exactly is the difference Ivor???????

"Hello CQ 2. Hello CQ 2 metres. This is M0WWS listening GB3BT and 'by for
any calls" is my usual patter. Care to tell me what exactly is wrong with
this Ivor?

10-10 (till we do it again) de G1LVN
--
My Call is M0WWS. I had an accident,
and I woke up in uk.radio.amateur.

Calling all Trolls! Calling all Trolls! Gregg needs help at rec.radio.shortwave! nurk_fred2000[_2_] Shortwave 17 June 5th 10 11:41 PM
Last Calling! Mark Zenier Shortwave 0 April 1st 06 06:24 PM
Great introduction to HF techniques and practices KØHB General 12 June 16th 05 07:56 PM
Great introduction to HF techniques and practices KØHB Policy 12 June 16th 05 07:56 PM
CALLING L E O CALLING L E O K4-OLD-KING-ALLIGATOR General 0 September 27th 03 04:15 AM