RadioBanter

-   Moderated (https://www.radiobanter.com/moderated/)
-   -   Downloadable ham call database??? (https://www.radiobanter.com/moderated/170644-downloadable-ham-call-database.html)

[email protected] May 19th 07 09:57 PM

Downloadable ham call database???

Does anyone know if there is a site were you can download a
database of current ham operator's calls, names and addresses?
I don't have continuous access to the web.

Thanks.

W2DNE[_2_] May 19th 07 10:16 PM

Downloadable ham call database???

wrote in message
ups.com...

Does anyone know if there is a site were you can download a
database of current ham operator's calls, names and addresses?
I don't have continuous access to the web.

I think your best bet is to just buy one of the many available CDROM versions.

Some administrations (the FCC is one) do put license data on the web in public
download sites, but I'd guess even if you can find them, each would be in
different format, and a real Chinese fire drill to try to integrate them into
one useful whole.

The Man in the Maze
QRL on Baboquivari Peak, AZ

--
Iitoi

[email protected] May 21st 07 03:39 PM

Downloadable ham call database???

Thanks, this is just what I need.

Look at downloads along right side of this page:

http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls/index.ht...on&page=weekly

W2DNE[_2_] May 21st 07 03:52 PM

Downloadable ham call database???

wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks, this is just what I need.

Look at downloads along right side of this page:

http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls/index.ht...on&page=weekly

OK, that covers the W/K's.

Now for the JA, DL, VK, SM, LA, G, VU, BY, UA, F, EA, AP, SU, ZL, LZ, PY, CE,
SP, YU, VR, RA, JY, 4X, 5R calls. Not to mention the GM, EI, I, LY, and YL's.
Then, of course, there are the XE's and VE's nearby, and 9Y, CO, C6, TF, and
OX's not far off shore. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!