Old May 26th 07, 03:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default Gulf Coastal Software - QSLeCard new freeware

Someone found the QSLeCard program without the .exe extention at
this site, however, I dont know know how it got on this site.

Guld Coastal Software

http://shareware.pcmag.com/product.p...SiteID%5Dpcmag

Old May 26th 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Thanks for your nice comment. I won't rebuke you for not consulting
the help file for the size of the bitmap because I have endured
several rebukes myself for asking questions answered in other freeware
help files. The help file is in the folder with the program. I think
that it is 511 x 680 (I am not at home now). I will try to find a
place to put a help button on the interface in the next version.

Gulf Coastal Software

One quick question ..... what is the proper size of the .BMP
background. I could tinker around and find out, but a little info
like that in the help file would be nice (unless a overlooked it).

Thanks for your work on this.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old May 27th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

OK, I've played with it some more, and for casual use (making up 1 or
a few cards) it's great.

But can you take it to the next step?

Over this weekend a I played awhile in the WPX contest. I can export
the log from the contest to an ADIF file, and it would be awesome if I
could import that ADIF file into QSLeCard and output (in "batch" mode)
cards for all my weekend contacts.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old May 28th 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

A couple of 'nits' to pick.

The frequency field should be labeled: MHz (or KHz maybe) but not Hz.

When printing to a printer, the program will ALWAYS print to the
systems default printer, even if an alternate printer is selected in
the print option box.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old May 29th 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Printer are a bear to deal with. I don't know how to fix that
problem. It probably has something to do with the print component I
am using.

The frequency field should be labeled: MHz (or KHz maybe) but not Hz.

This was an oversite and will be corrected.

I am not into contesting myself, but I did have the idea of doing
what you suggested with contest records. However, I need to get a
copy of the records from someone, or at least a few records to see how
to format them when the program reads them into the program. I may
have to get records from every logging program, I don't know if there
is a standard format.

If you can post a few in this news group, I will go to work with the
modification.

I have also uploaded a new version (v73.2) that is supposed to send
the card upon clicking a send button. I have not been able to test it
because of the restrictions I have with my ISP. It should on Simtel
and PCMag (search QSLeCard)
http://shareware.pcmag.com/search.re...=&SiteID=pcmag
within about 20 days. Simtel takes forever to get my freeware on
their system.

Thanks for your suggestions. I usually try to make requested mods.

Old May 29th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On May 29, 3:08 pm, "
wrote:

I am not into contesting myself, but I did have the idea of doing
what you suggested with contest records. However, I need to get a
copy of the records from someone, or at least a few records to see how
to format them when the program reads them into the program. I may
have to get records from every logging program, I don't know if there
is a standard format.

If you can post a few in this news group, I will go to work with the
modification.

ADIF is a standard format which pretty much all logging programs (not
just contesting programs) can export and import, allowing the exchange
of log information between programs, regardless of the 'native' file
structure of the importing/exporting program.

The specifications for ADIF are at http://www.adif.org/ ..... there
are two generations, ADIF 1 and ADIF 2. Build to ADIF 2, as it is
backward compatible to ADIF 1.

Below is a short excerpt with 4 records from a recent export from one
of my programs. The ADIF file is straight ASCII text, and your
QSLeCard program would only need import a few fields from each record,
ie. CALL, FREQ, MODE, QSO_DATE, RST_SENT, and TIME_ON.

QSL.ADI export file created by Logger32 Version 3.3 Build 0. File
created on 5/27/2007 7:53:09 PM
EOH
BAND:310M CALL:5UT3UA CONT:2EU CQZ:216 DXCC:3288 FREQ:
928.684000 ITUZ:229 MODE:3SSB NAME:18Sergio V Vasilenko
OPERATOR:4K0HB PFX:3UT3 DEFANGED-APP_LOGGER32_QSL:1Y QSL_RCVD:1Y
QSLRDATE:820070423 QSO_DATE:820000304 RST_RCVD:259 RST_SENT:
259 TIME_ON:6171545 TIME_OFF:6000046 DEFANGED-APP_LOGGER32_QSO_NUMBER:
513691 EOR

BAND:320M CALL:6JA0JHA CONT:2AS CQZ:225 DXCC:3339 FREQ:
914.274000 ITUZ:245 MODE:3SSB NAME:14Akira Minagawa OPERATOR:
4K0HB PFX:3JA0 DEFANGED-APP_LOGGER32_QSL:1Y QSL_RCVD:1Y QSLRDATE:
820060802 QSO_DATE:820000305 QTH:5Koide RST_RCVD:259
RST_SENT:259 TIME_ON:6060506 TIME_OFF:6000007
DEFANGED-APP_LOGGER32_QSO_NUMBER:513882 EOR

BAND:310M CALL:5HA5CW CONT:2EU CQZ:215 DXCC:3239 FREQ:
928.915000 ITUZ:228 MODE:3SSB NAME:16Jozsef Gyongyosi OPERATOR:
4K0HB PFX:3HA5 DEFANGED-APP_LOGGER32_QSL:1Y QSL_RCVD:1Y QSLRDATE:
820060525 QSO_DATE:820000305 QTH:15H-1162 Budapest RST_RCVD:
259 RST_SENT:259 TIME_ON:6173205 TIME_OFF:6000006
DEFANGED-APP_LOGGER32_QSO_NUMBER:513919 EOR

BAND:315M CALL:6JR4PMX CONT:2AS CQZ:225 DXCC:3339 FREQ:
921.050000 ITUZ:245 MODE:2CW NAME:15Hiroshi Okazaki OPERATOR:
4K0HB PFX:3JR4 DEFANGED-APP_LOGGER32_QSL:1Y QSL_RCVD:1Y QSLRDATE:
820060525 QSO_DATE:820001125 QTH:12Yokohama 235 RST_RCVD:3599
RST_SENT:3599 TIME_ON:6020556 TIME_OFF:6000057
DEFANGED-APP_LOGGER32_QSO_NUMBER:516146 EOR

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old May 29th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On May 27, 8:28 pm, KØHB wrote:

..... it would be awesome if I
could import that ADIF file into QSLeCard and output (in "batch" mode)
cards for all my weekend contacts.

I thunk some more on this (always dangerous, almost as dangerous as
planting copper with chain saws) and thunk up this idea.

Rather than just a mindless bulk import (or better yet, in addition to
a mindless bulk import), have a facility to import in 'one-at-a-time'
sequence, then have a "Next" and a "Print" option button. In this
mode, the program would import and display a QSO, you'd decide whether
to print a card for it, or skp to the next QSO record. In that same
feature put an "End" button to terminate the import at any point
desired.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old May 29th 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

OK, thanks. I was hoping that tyhere was going to be a standard
format. Your suggestion about programming some form of selectivity
into the program is good also. This mod will probably take about a
week, but again, Simtel will hold up on the upload for another 20+
days.

John - Gulf Coastal Software

Old June 2nd 07, 09:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On May 27, 8:28 pm, KØHB wrote:

Over this weekend a I played awhile in the WPX contest. I can export
the log from the contest to an ADIF file, and it would be awesome if I
could import that ADIF file into QSLeCard and output (in "batch" mode)
cards for all my weekend contacts.

73, de Hans, K0HB

There's another excellent QSLing service out there, called GlobalQSL.
You design a QSL card (they provide software, or they will design a
card for you) and upload the image to their website. Then you upload
your log in A.D.I.F. format, and they print and mail (via buro or
managers) your cards. Depending on quantity, cost per card delivered
is in the range of a dime for a "real live" cardboard QSL. It's a
couple of fellows from Israel who came up with this interesting
approach. More detail at their web site http://www.globalqsl.com/

73, RDW

Old June 4th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On Jun 2, 8:43 pm, RDWeaver wrote:

There's another excellent QSLing service out there, called GlobalQSL.
You design a QSL card (they provide software, or they will design a
card for you) and upload the image to their website. Then you upload
your log in A.D.I.F. format, and they print and mail (via buro or
managers) your cards. Depending on quantity, cost per card delivered
is in the range of a dime for a "real live" cardboard QSL. It's a
couple of fellows from Israel who came up with this interesting
approach. More detail at their web sitehttp://www.globalqsl.com/

Wow! While it is limited to "via the BURO", this looks like a great
idea in the "electronic evolution" of QSLing.

Thanks for the link.

73, de Hans, K0HB

USA - New CW Coastal Station Authorized Mike Terry Shortwave 0 April 9th 05 10:16 AM
CHP Coastal Blue Steve KC6IJM Scanner 1 June 17th 04 02:59 AM
Ham Radio Deluxe FREEWARE CAT/PSK31/Mapping/Sat tracking software Igor von Uberwald Equipment 0 November 19th 03 06:53 PM
Ham Radio Deluxe FREEWARE CAT/PSK31/Mapping/Sat tracking software Igor von Uberwald Equipment 0 November 19th 03 06:53 PM
UK Coastal Stations Map Robert Maskill Shortwave 0 October 31st 03 06:37 PM