Old June 28th 08, 04:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default Field Day Plans....

Hi everyone:

Yep! If you see LIVE video on my newly-created Field Day page @
http://www.qsl.net/kb0oxd/fieldday/ that means I'm working the bands.
The broadcast is powered by BlogTV (Their URL is http://www.blogtv.com/
for those who don't know and are looking for a good home for their cam
BTW). You can also see the video COMPLETE WITH LIVE CHAT simply by
going to http://www.blogtv.com/People/kb0oxd and following any
onscreen instructions there.

In addition, I will be monitoring SEVERAL Internet-based DX Clusters
on the computer for any activity which is headed for my QTH (Denver,
CO USA - DM79). This will be done to avoid wasting bandwith
unneccessarily and making futile CQ calls.

I will primarily be on 6M USB, though I will be more than happy to
work locals on 144 & 432 as well. I'll also be logging contacts and
will post them here for your convience and so you may use that to
cross-reference my information with what you have.

**IF THE DX IS ROLLING IN** - I'm looking at being on cam from 10:00
AM till 2:00 PM in 90 minute increments. I'll then return on cam once
I get the first four parts downloaded and moved off BlogTV so that I
can archive anything in the evening on Saturday. I may be on cam on
Sunday, then again, I may not. It all depends on how things go down.

The reason I will be breaking the archives down into 90 minute
archives is because BlogTV only allows up to 500 minutes (That's not
quite 4.5 hours, but close enough) of disk space before you have to
delete a show/segment, which of course I'm NOT about to do.

**IF THE DX IS NOT ROLLING IN** - I will start broadcasting at 11:00
AM since some Field Day stations will begin operating at that time and
will go from there as above (Just one hour later).

I'll also be on EchoLink, but I will be in BUSY mode with Conferencing
disabled with a "CQ FD 6M USB" or similar message in the dialog box.
This way, if the DX is rolling in on 6M USB, all EchoLink stations
will need to do is find me on the band.

So....That's what I'll be doing this weekend.

This video feed will also be used for other Ham-Related events as well
(Info. on those events will be posted as warranted).

Cheers & 73

Pat Cook, KB0OXD
Denver, Colorado
WEBSITE - http://www.qsl.net/kb0oxd/
**NEW VIDEO SECTION - http://www.qsl.net/kb0oxd/cybershacktv/

Near field vs Far field measurements at 2M Steve Reinhardt Antenna 13 August 7th 07 10:30 PM
sig gen plans matt vk3zmw Homebrew 10 October 7th 05 09:26 PM
DDS VFO plans VE3ELQ Homebrew 9 December 12th 04 11:08 PM
Field Day Plans? Radio Amateur KC2HMZ Policy 71 July 4th 04 09:05 PM