Old October 1st 08, 06:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default Bugcatcher antenna problem

I'm reinstalling my reworked Bugcatcher on my vehicle, and the road oil
and dirt, and general tarnish have made the bugcatcher coil taps a
little difficult to solder to.

The main coil is 6 inches in diameter, around a foot in length, and is
on a plexiglas form.

I've tried a couple things. Sandpaper was a no go, as it will wear the
wires down. Steel wool works okay, but you can't get it on the inside of
the form. I'd rather have a "dip n' clean" sort of thing if such exists.

I have even considered a acid bath, followed by a long rinse, but this
is electronics, so all my training yells no. still......

Anyone know of a dip that will clean tarnished and dirty solder, and not
be too corrosive?

- 73 d eMike N3LI -