Old July 17th 09, 10:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.info

Default Amateur Radio Newsline(tm) Report 1666 - July 17 2009

Amateur Radio Newsline(tm) Report 1666 - July 17 2009

Amateur Radio Newsline report number 1666 with a release date of
Friday, July 17th, 2009 to follow in 5-4-3-2-1.

The following is a Q-S-T. Australia will launch all student made
ham-sat, the United States Senate wants a complete inventory of the
entire electromagnetic spectrum, 40 meter expansion is delayed in some
nations and we announce this years Amateur Radio Newsline Young Ham of
the Year. Find out who it is on Amateur Radio Newsline(tm) report
number 1666 coming your way right now.

(Billboard Cart Here)

**

HAM RADIO IN SPACE: VK TO LAUNCH BLUESAT - A DIGITAL HAM SATELLITE

A new ham radio digital satellite is being designed and built
down-under solely by students at Australia's University of New South
Wales. Its called BLUEsat and Frank Lusa, VK2FJL has its story.

--

The satellite is a small cube measuring approximately 260mm on each
side, excluding antennae, and weighs around 14kg.