Old May 7th 10, 05:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default Field Day 2010?

Just got back from the local ham radio club's May meeting. Field Day
planning was a big subject on the agenda.

Looks like our group will be using the same location as last year,
with several HF and one or two VHF/UHF stations. We're considering a
GOTA station as well.

Need to get my FD antennas, ropes, coax, extension cords and slingshot
launcher checked out and ready to go. Also some interconnect cables,
the ethernet switch and of course decide which keys to bring.

Anybody else planning to go out on FD this year?

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old May 7th 10, 08:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Anybody else planning to go out on FD this year?

73 de Jim, N2EY

Look for W0VDX. ( See http://lvdxa.org/ ) Weather permitting we will
operate afloat on Wakemup Bay. Unless the walleye are biting.

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"
--
Proud Member of:
A1 Operators - http://www.arrl.org/a-1-op

Old May 7th 10, 09:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On May 7, 12:21 am, N2EY wrote:

Anybody else planning to go out on FD this year?

We're going to do a fair sized effort again under W3YA.

It will be high power, probably 3 stations. I have to confess though,
I would really like to get back to a low power setup. By the time we
put up and take down 3 portable towers, a couple beams - especially
the 40 meter, and the wire antennas for the lower bands, we are pretty
beat up Sunday afternoon.

Best field day I ever had was with a low power effort, two stations,
two OCF dipoles, and some quick setup shelters. We got as many points
as the high power efforts, and it only took a half hour to tear down,
vs 4 for the big gun setup. I'm going to have to try to talk them into
that next year.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -