Old July 9th 10, 07:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default HF Opportunity - USS Midway

Subject: HF Opportunity - USS Midway
From: "ARRL Members Only Web site"
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 08:58:25 -0400 (EDT)

Received from AB6RM:

Air Craft Carrier USS Midway Museum in San Diego will be hosting about
500 Cub Scouts and leaders for an overnight flight deck camporee on
Friday 9 July. We will be operating station NI6IW from 7 to 11 p.m. on
80 M (3825+/-, 3850 +/-), 40 M (7250), and 20 M (14320).

The Cubbies will be rotated through the 2 HF and 2 UHV/VHF stations
(using various SOCAL repeaters) on the flight deck in groups of about
20 and we will give them demos about ham radio. Hopefully some of them
will be able to get on the air.

Our challenge is that we need hams to be at the other end to respond to
our CQs and to engage the Cubbies with experiences of when they were Scouts.

Please spread the word with the fellow hams in your sections to meet
us on the air so we can have a successful demo with our Scout guests.

73/jg

AB6RM @ NI6IW

Radio Operations Manager