Old September 12th 10, 05:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default FTDX-9000 vs FTDX-9000Contest

What is the difference between these two, which causes the "-Contest"
version to be about half the price of the "standard" version?

--
73, de Hans, K0HB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"
--
Proud Member of:
A1 Operators - http://www.arrl.org/a-1-op

Old September 13th 10, 06:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

On Sep 11, 11:11 pm, Radio KØHB wrote:
What is the difference between these two, which causes the "-Contest"
version to be about half the price of the "standard" version?

The "plain" FTDX-9000 actually has a lot more stuff built in,
including a cool display that seems to function as the DMU. Seems
that Yeasu has continued to add to their FTDX-9000 lineup in a very
confusing way.

So there are three differant rigs on Yeasu's website now with the 9000
series..

FTDX-9000 - With TFTP Display With many options you can add...
FTDX-9000 Contest - Without the TFTP Display built in
FTDX-9000D - With TFTP Display DELUX version (Fully Loaded.)

In addtion to this, they now offer a 400W SSB version of the above...

All very fine rigs, if one can afford them. Not to start a fight, I
personally feel the FT-2000 is quite enough of a rig for most folk but
I suppose there are those who feel the "extras" in this line are worth
it. If you don't mind stepping out of the Yeasu name, My personal
choice would be the K3 from Elecraft as the best value for the money.
I'd be proud to own any of the above, if I had the money..

-= bob =-

Old September 17th 10, 03:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

On 9/13/2010 1:28 PM, KC4UAI wrote:

All very fine rigs, if one can afford them. Not to start a fight, I
personally feel the FT-2000 is quite enough of a rig for most folk but
I suppose there are those who feel the "extras" in this line are worth
it. If you don't mind stepping out of the Yeasu name, My personal
choice would be the K3 from Elecraft as the best value for the money.
I'd be proud to own any of the above, if I had the money..

-=ob =-

And I'm not about to argue with you.. However I have found that people
fall into one of three categories when it comes to stuff like this....

Those with more dollars than sense

Those with more sense than dollars (Appears you land here)

Those with dang few cents. (added for PUN effect)

Of course back when I was in group 1, I measured the place where I was
going to put a radio. Looked at several radios, and decided the Kenwood
TS-2000 would fit in the spot just fine. Yes, that is how I choose my
main radio,, with a ruler.

--
Nothing adds Excitement like something that is none of your business.

Old September 18th 10, 03:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 10:16:48 EDT, John Davis
wrote:

[...]

Hmmmm. I fit in the fourth category -- neither money nor sense :-)

Old September 18th 10, 09:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

On 9/17/2010 10:26 PM, Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names wrote:

Hmmmm. I fit in the fourth category -- neither money nor sense :-)

You will notice that Category 3 only referred to money. So you'd be a 3.
NO cents (Sense does not matter when you have no cents to spend)

By the way, that's where I fall for the next couple years too.

--
Nothing adds Excitement like something that is none of your business.

FTDX 100 Value Geoff Harbinson Boatanchors 3 June 10th 07 09:51 PM
YAESU FTDX-9000 info sought Herman Kerry Equipment 4 March 20th 04 01:26 AM
YAESU FTDX-9000 info sought Herman Kerry Equipment 0 March 18th 04 01:23 PM
sommerkamp ftdx 505 mauro Equipment 0 December 14th 03 05:58 PM
sommerkamp ftdx 505 mauro Equipment 0 December 14th 03 05:58 PM