Old September 22nd 10, 12:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default Which amplifier to buy?

I find that I am in the market for a two meter band amplifier. What I
could use are opinions from those who have used both the RM ITALY and
MFJ Mirage amplifiers. The cost of a new RM ITALY amp is about the
same as a used Mirage at the 100 to 150 watt level. If you have used
both and would be willing to say which you prefer and why that would
be very helpful.
--
Tom Horne, W3TDH

Old September 25th 10, 03:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On 9/22/2010 7:12 AM, Tom Horne wrote:
I find that I am in the market for a two meter band amplifier. What I
could use are opinions from those who have used both the RM ITALY and
MFJ Mirage amplifiers. The cost of a new RM ITALY amp is about the
same as a used Mirage at the 100 to 150 watt level. If you have used
both and would be willing to say which you prefer and why that would
be very helpful.
--
Tom Horne, W3TDH

I have a 35 watt Mirage.. Very good company behind it.... (Check out the
pedigree of Mirage that is who they are a division of)

The unit I have is for use with a hand held. and it is a dual band and I
have nothing bad to say about it.. As for good.. Well, it works as it
should.. The only time I've had a "Problem" with it it was that the unit
was not working at all.. When I looked I found the "Problem" on test
procedure #1.. (Push the button to make sure you turned it ON dummy)..
Soon AS I turned it on ... Worked perfectly.

Thing is 4 years old. And still works perfectly.

--
Nothing adds Excitement like something that is none of your business.

FS: Amp Supply LK-500ZC legal limit HF amplifier, Heathkit SB-230 amplifier Jeff Camp Swap 3 April 11th 11 10:07 PM
HF amplifier Bill Grimwood Equipment 2 March 8th 05 03:44 AM
RF amplifier PDRUNEN Homebrew 10 December 7th 03 12:43 AM
RF amplifier PDRUNEN Homebrew 0 December 4th 03 03:55 AM
2m Amplifier Jason Dugas Homebrew 0 November 13th 03 01:50 AM