Old August 4th 11, 11:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default [ADMIN] Seeking Test Submissions to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

It has been brought to our attention that one or more major News Service
Providers (NSP's) may have their servers misconfigured, and may not be
directing posts to rec.radio.amateur.moderated to its moderation team.
At least one of these NSP's is a re-seller of private-label news service
to many ISP's, so this may have led to a widespread "outage" of posting
access to rec.radio.amateur.moderated.

Over the next week (though next Wednesday, August 10th), we are
soliciting test articles which we will approve for our newsgroup on a
temporary basis. Normally, we do not approve test messages, but are
interested in testing propagation, audience, and submitter connectivity
at this time, hopefully to try to identify the source(s) of the outage,
so that we can contact the affected NSP's to request an appropriate fix.
This thread will be closed, and further followups automatically
rejected, starting Thursday, August 11th.

Please send such test messages according to the following guidelines:

- Post your test message as a followup to this article, and with the
same Subject (optionally with a " " at the start). You may
optionally quote the text of this article, or not.

- Include your geographic location (city/state/country), your ISP and
NSP (which possibly are the same), and at least your first name and
amateur radio callsign (if you have a callsign).

- Articles that otherwise violate our submission guidelines:

http://www.panix.com/~rram/usenet/rram/guidelines.html

will be rejected.

If your article meets the above guidelines, but does not appear on
rec.radio.amateur.moderated within 48 hours, please try resubmitting it
as an E-mail message to . If it
still does not appear, please contact your customer service
representatives at your ISP and/or NSP to report a possible local
misconfiguration or error.

Thank you for your cooperation, and support of our moderated newsgroup.

--
rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin

Old August 4th 11, 03:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

On 8/4/2011 5:13 AM, rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin wrote:
- Include your geographic location (city/state/country), your ISP and
NSP (which possibly are the same), and at least your first name and
amateur radio callsign (if you have a callsign).

Ranger, TX. USA
Using AT&T DSL.
sending via smtp.aim.com server
downloading news via eternal-september.org.

Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi

--
"Everything from Crackers to Coffins"

Old August 4th 11, 03:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

On 8/4/2011 9:18 AM, Jeffrey Angus wrote:
Ranger, TX. USA
Using AT&T DSL.
sending via smtp.aim.com server
downloading news via eternal-september.org.

And apparently it came through, via the correct
channels.

Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi

--
"Everything from Crackers to Coffins"

Old August 4th 11, 04:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA

Internet connectivity provided by Comcast
(for Usenet, I use Comcast only to connect to a Sonic.net UNIX
shell machine from which I run trn to read netnews, so I don't
know what Usenet services Comcast offers)

Newsgroup server provided by Sonic.net
(from a recent discussion with Sonic support, I know that this
particular server, news.sonic.net, is peered with Novia.net;
Sonic also has another news server that's populated by Supernews)

Patty N6BIS

Old August 4th 11, 05:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

In rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin
wrote:

- Include your geographic location (city/state/country), your ISP and
NSP (which possibly are the same), and at least your first name and
amateur radio callsign (if you have a callsign).

Saint Paul, Minnesota USA
ISP/NSP: IPHouse.com
Bert - W0RSB

--
Bert Hyman W0RSB St. Paul, MN

Old August 4th 11, 05:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

wrote:

- Include your geographic location (city/state/country), your ISP and
NSP (which possibly are the same), and at least your first name and
amateur radio callsign (if you have a callsign).

Saint Paul, Minnesota USA
ISP: IPhouse.com
NSP: Eternal-September.org
Bert - W0RSB

--
Bert Hyman W0RSB St. Paul, MN

Old August 4th 11, 05:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin wrote:
Please send such test messages according to the following guidelines:

- Post your test message as a followup to this article, and with the
same Subject (optionally with a " " at the start). You may
optionally quote the text of this article, or not.

- Include your geographic location (city/state/country), your ISP and
NSP (which possibly are the same), and at least your first name and
amateur radio callsign (if you have a callsign).

Dresden, Germany
DFN (news.cis.dfn.de)

73,
--
Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK http://fkurz.net/ .---.
Markgrafenstr. 63 | | |

Old August 4th 11, 05:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Gualala CA USA, 95445
ISP is MCN.ORG (a local provider in Mendocino County)
NSP is supernews.com

73 DE KW6H, Chris

--
Chris Jewell

Old August 4th 11, 05:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On Thu, 4 Aug 2011 06:13:55 EDT, rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin
wrote:

It has been brought to our attention that one or more major News Service
Providers (NSP's) may have their servers misconfigured, and may not be
directing posts to rec.radio.amateur.moderated to its moderation team.
At least one of these NSP's is a re-seller of private-label news service
to many ISP's, so this may have led to a widespread "outage" of posting
access to rec.radio.amateur.moderated.

Pahrump, NV USA
ISP: Air-Internet.com
NSP: us.nws.astraweb.com

Dick Grady, AC7EL
Old August 4th 11, 05:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

wrote:

It has been brought to our attention that one or more major News Service
Providers (NSP's) may have their servers misconfigured, and may not be
directing posts to rec.radio.amateur.moderated to its moderation team.
At least one of these NSP's is a re-seller of private-label news service
to many ISP's, so this may have led to a widespread "outage" of posting
access to rec.radio.amateur.moderated.

Pahrump, NV USA
ISP: Air-Internet.com
NSP: Newsdemon.com