Old July 19th 14, 05:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.info

Default W2LJ's Blog - QRP - Do More With Less for Saturday 19 July 2014

W2LJ's Blog - QRP - Do More With Less.

Thanks!

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/W2ljs...2c/thanks.html

I have to thank two people:

Thank you, Derek MM0WST for the kind and encouraging e-mail you sent, as
well as the neat button image. I have posted it to the right side of the
blog - it's really cool looking.

My other "Thank You" goes out to Ivin Flint W9ILF. We had been trading some
e-mails back and forth about our Buddisticks and he sent me some photos of
his set up. Instead of the conventional order of base, arms, coil, whip -
I noticed he was using base, coil, arms, whip. As Ivin pointed out to me,
keeping the coil closer to the base makes it way easier to change the tap
setting on the coil. This is especially true in my case when my Buddistick
is mounted on the top of my Jeep, and the coil is probably at the 12 - 15
foot level. A small thing, but very useful and helpful.

I sometimes find myself getting into a habit or routine of how things are
supposed to go together (conventionally) and I forget to think "outside of
the box" from time to time. It's nice to have good friends, with good
ideas, to be able to count on! Now when I want to change coil taps, I just
reach up and make the change, instead of removing antenna from roof,
changing tap position, and putting antenna back on roof. Much easier!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!