Old November 1st 14, 05:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default [KB6NU] I want to celebrate you!

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

I want to celebrate you!

I am on a bunch of mailing listway too many in fact. Every once in a while
I glean something useful from one of them, though. Sometimes, its amateur
radio related, like how to put on a PL-259 better, and sometimes its
totally unrelated to amateur radio. (Despite appearances, I do have a life
outside of ham radio.)

Well, todays tidbit is from the WordofMouth.Org mailing list. This list
offers tips about how to better market your business by usingĀ*word of mouth
techniques. Todays golden nugget is Celebrate your customernot yourself.

I like this idea a lot, so I want to celebrate you, all of the folks who
have gotten their first amateur radio licenseĀ*or have upgraded their
licenses by using my No-Nonsense study guides. So, every now and then, Id
like to include a profile of one of my readers here on KB6NU.Com.

If youd be interested in having your story toldĀ*here, take a look at the
questions below. Answer them to the best of your ability and then click
Submit. Every couple of weeks, Ill choose one and then follow up with an
e-mail or a phone call, write up the profile, and post it here.

This should be a lot of fun, and in the process, well all get to know one
another better.

I want to celebrate you!

How did you get interested in radio?What made
you decide to finally get your amateur radio license?When did you get your
license? What license class do you currently hold?How did you find out
about my study guides?What kind of gear do you currently own?What kind of
operating do you do? (Repeaters, HF, contesting, public service, etc.)What
are your plans for your future in ham radio? Do you plan to upgrade your
license? What projects or activities do you plan to pursue in the
future?Name*FirstLastCallsign*Address (all I really need here is your city
and state)Street
AddressCityAlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaC oloradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict
of
ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIo waKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusett sMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebras kaNevadaNew
HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth
DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth
DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonW est
VirginiaWisconsinWyomingArmed Forces AmericasArmed Forces EuropeArmed
Forces PacificStateZIP CodeEmail*Phone (only fill out this field if its OK
for me to contact you by phone)

jQuery(document).ready(function($){gformInitSpinne r(
1, 'http://www.kb6nu.com/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/images/spinner.gif'
);jQuery('#gform_ajax_frame_1').load( function(){var contents =
jQuery(this).contents().find('*').html();var is_postback =
contents.indexOf('GF_AJAX_POSTBACK') = 0;if(!is_postback){return;}var
form_content = jQuery(this).contents().find('#gform_wrapper_1');v ar
is_redirect = contents.indexOf('gformRedirect(){') = 0;var is_form
= !(form_content.length ' + confirmation_content
+ '');jQuery(document).scrollTop(jQuery('#gforms_con firmation_message').offset().top);jQuery(document) .trigger('gform_confirmation_loaded',
[1]);window['gf_submitting_1'] = false;},
50);}else{jQuery('#gform_1').append(contents);if(w indow['gformRedirect'])
{gformRedirect();}}jQuery(document).trigger('gform _post_render', [1,
current_page]);} );} );
jQuery(document).ready(function(){jQuery(document) .trigger('gform_post_render',

The post I want to celebrate you! appeared first on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.