Old December 16th 15, 05:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [KB6NU] Would you buy a Chinese mobile radio on Amazon?

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

Would you buy a Chinese mobile radio on Amazon?

I spent a couple of hours today trying to figure out a way to make more
money via the Amazon associates program. While Im still working on that,
one thing that did strike me is the number of VHF/UHF transceivers from
China that are now available via Amazon. They include:

LEIXEN LX VV-898 Dual Band VHF/UHF 136-174/400-470MHz 10W Two Way Radio
Mobile Transceiver Amateur Ham Radio
AnyTone Dual Band Transceiver VHF/UHF AT-5888UV Two Way Â* Amateur Radio
Juentai JT-6188 Dual Band VHF/UHF 136-174/400-480MHz VHF 25Watt UHF 20Watts
Dual Band Two Way Radios Mobile Transceiver
Tokmate TD8900 Portable Dual Band Transceiver VHF/UHF 136-174/400-480MHz
VHF 25Watt UHF 20Watt Mobile Transceiver
SainSonic GT-890 Mini Dual Band Car Radio, VHF/UHF 136-174/400-480MHz
25W/20W Mobile Transeiver
TYT TH-9800 Quad Band Transceiver 10M/6M/2M/70cm VHF/UHF Two Way and
Amateur Radio
QYT KT-8900 Dual Band VHF/UHF 136-174/400-480MHz VHF 25Watt UHF 20Watts
Dual Band Two Way Radios Mobile Transceiver
Zastone KT8900 Dual Band Transceiver VHF/UHF 20W MINI Moblie radio
HYS TC-8900R 50Watt mobile Vehicle transceiver Ham two way radio with Cross
Band Repeat
HYS Tc-mauv11 Vhf/uhf Dual Band Mobile Ham Radio Transceiver Air – Band
Receiving Mobile Car Radio with USB Programming Cable

JT-6188 Mini Dual Band Vhf/uhf 136-174/400-480mhz VHF 25watt UHF 20watts
Dual Band Two Way Radios Mobile Transceiver

HYS Tc-9900 Hf/vhf/uhf Car Mobile Radio Transceiver/ham Two Way Radio
Cross Band Repeat
LUITON LT-580 UHF Mobile Radio 45watts 400-490Mhz with Free Programming
Cable Long Distance Car FM Transceiver (Black)

Thats just from the first two pages of results when I searched for amateur
radio vhf transceiver. I havent used any of these radios, but some of them
look pretty interesting. They are very small, for one thing.

Also, I left out the radios from the Big Three (Yaesu, Icom, and Kenwood).
The reason for this is that the Amazon prices were in nearly every case
higher than the price for which you could purchase the radio from Gigaparts
or DX Engineering. I didnt feel it was right to get you to buy the radio
via Amazon, when you could get it for less from the mainstream ham radio
suppliers.

Id love to hear from you if youve purchased and used any of these radios.
Please leave a comment here about how well the radio performs and whether
you like it or not.

The post Would you buy a Chinese mobile radio on Amazon? appeared first on
KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.