Old January 7th 16, 05:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [W2LJ] Another decent lunchtime

W2LJ's Blog - QRP - Do More With Less.

Another decent lunchtime

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...medium=em ail

and not all what I expected, actually. I had been seeing notices on the
e-mail reflectors and Facebook, about how there was supposed to be another
CME headed right for Earth, possibly causing HF disruptions and all that.

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

It turned out to be a productive session with QSOs on 20, 17 and 15 Meters.

I worked Tom K3Y/7 (WB7EUX) in Oregon, for a 17 Meter trans-Continental
QSO. Then, on 20 Meters, I worked Dennis WA2USA who was activating NPOTA
HP13, the George Rogers Clark National Historical Park. That was followed
by another brief 20 Meter QSO with Dave N9ZXL, who did not have a good copy
on me. I ended by going on up to 15 Meters, where I had another K3Y QSO,
but this time with K3Y/KP4 - Pablo (KP4SJ) in Puerto Rico.

The weather was warmer at lunchtime, also. The outside temperature was
somewhere around 30F (-1C), and the interior of the Jeep is black. With the
windows closed and the interior absorbing the sunlight that was prevalent
today, it was actually comfortable in the Jeep today.

On a different note, I saw where Ramsey Electronics has abandoned the hobby
kit market. I've put together a few of their kits over the years. I
suppose with "thru-hole" components becoming more and more scarce, they
felt it just wasn't a viable concern for them anymore. Still, it's sad to
see another kit outlet go by the wayside.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!