Old January 27th 16, 04:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default [KE9V] Ham Radio Collection

Perturbation

Ham Radio Collection

http://ke9v.net/2016/01/26/ham-radio-collection/

A few years ago I began publishing a weekly ham radio newsletter. It was
comprised of opinions and links to things I found interesting or unusual in
our hobby and was delivered via email. But after 18 months of weekly
production, I shut it down because my job had become too demanding to
continue meeting a regular deadline.

Not long after, I reprised the effort in the form of a Ham Radio Collection
on Google+. That seems to work better because I can post as time permits
without deadline pressure. And with the ability to include media and allow
readers to add comments and discussion, the overall experience is much
richer than the emailed letter.

Its doing pretty well too.

With over 3,000 followers and more than 1.9 million views, it has eclipsed
the newsletter audience and continues to grow rapidly.

You might not know it, but there are tens of thousands of radio amateurs
immersed in the Google+ experience as it has evolved from a social network
into an expansive collection of unique interests and communities.

Reports of the death of Google+ were greatly exaggerated come take a look.
No ads, no cost, no account required.
Filed under: Ham Radio Tagged: google