Old February 26th 16, 11:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.info

Default 2016 Teachers Institute Schedule Announced

Greetings!

ARRL has recently announced the 2016 schedule for our Teachers
Institute on Wireless Technology. We want you to be among the first to
receive this information. If you are an ARRL member you'll see an
articlehttp://www.arrl.org/files/file/Teach...te/Teachers%20
Institute-Igniting%20STEM-Mar%202016-QST.pdf about the Teachers
Institute in the March issue of QST. You will also see an announcement
in our next issue Radio Waves.

If you are a past participant of the Teachers Institute we hope that
you have found many ways to use the ideas, training and resources you
received and are interested in spreading the word to other teachers.
You may want to consider signing up for the advanced TI-2 on Remote
Sensing and Data Gathering.

You are probably in the best position to know where to circulate
information about this opportunity within your school district. A
listing on your school or school district website? A newsletter? A
web page for science and technology teachers? Word of mouth to
teachers in your circle? We'd like to get the word out to reach
teachers who can make use of this opportunity.

If you would like to receive copies of our printed brochures please
send your request and your mailing address to
.

Here's some copy you can use to announce the opportunity in your school
community:

Integrate Science and Math with Engineering and Technology by Exploring
Wireless Technology

ARRL, the national association for amateur radio, has just announced
the schedule for two sessions of its Introductory Teachers Institute on
Wireless Technology (TI-1) to be offered during the summer of 2016. Now
in its 13th year, the ARRL Teachers Institute is an expenses paid,
intensive professional development opportunity for educators who want
to receive training and resources to explore wireless technology in the
classroom. Topics at the TI-1 Introduction to Wireless Technology,
include basic electronics, radio science, microcontroller programming
and basic robotics. ARRL will also offer an advanced Teachers
Institute (TI-2) on Remote Sensing and Data Gathering. The linked
article
http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Teach...te/Teachers%20
Institute-Igniting%20STEM-Mar%202016-QST.pdf from the March issue of
ARRL's journal, QST, includes the schedule and description of offerings
this summer.

Please visit the ARRL website at:
www.arrl.org/teachers-institute-on-wireless-technologyhttp://www.arrl.
org/teachers-institute-on-wireless-technology for more details. Go to
www.arrl.org/teachers-institute-applicationhttp://www.arrl.org/teacher
s-institute-application for information about applying and to download
an application.

Application deadline is May 1.

[BigProject-logo-lo-res.jpg]

Debra Johnson, K1DMJ Education Services Manager ARRL, the national
association for Amateur Radio(r) 225 Main Street Newington, CT
06111-1494

Office860) 594-0296 Fax: (860) 594-0259

[ARRL Logo]